Through the years, I worked my way up the 12 volt pump line.

I tried the Fat Boy, but they kept burning up switches and that bother outweighed the extra 4-6' spray distance the FB gave me.

Marcus Raif and Bruce Sullivan spent some time, getting it through my thick skull, how to use a solenoid instead of the flimsy switches that come on the pumps and I'm hoping not to have that problem now!

Also, now that I'm older, I do myself and my customer a favor and clean 75% or more of the roofs without walking on them.

Now, that extra footage matters!

I just put one of my 2 FatBoy pumps in my trailer and I'm sold!

I didn't step on the roof before last and only on 10% of the last, as a large pool cage got in my way.

I know, air systems are even better! My son works for me and also has his own business uses air, so I hear about it often.

I'm satisfied with my 12 volt simplicity.

With my Fatboy I could have reached all of the roof in my video below. I used a 5850 on that roof though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FAVcq2dQVU&t=10s&index=1&list=PLhfu_b26aKUN1fK4Zi7e7b2vxwYVwTQkX

A solenoid switch will save you a ton of headache. Instead of the pumps pressure switch having to carry the load of the pump, it will only be carrying the load which the solenoid needs to energize the load circuit which powers the pump.

I've been running a Ford starter solenoid on my electric rewind hose reel for 15 years now and not one single component has failed.

Mike

A solenoid switch will save you a ton of headache. Instead of the pumps pressure switch having to carry the load of the pump, it will only be carrying the load which the solenoid needs to energize the load circuit which powers the pump.

I've been running a Ford starter solenoid on my electric rewind hose reel for 15 years now and not one single component has failed.

Mike

Well, I did 1 job with a snowplow continuous duty solenoid instead of the factory switch. After 2 hours the solenoid quit working and was blazing hot! I assume I wired it wrongly? Marcus in Texas and Bruce Sullivan bot tried to help me-Marcus made a diagram and Brice made a video and I still did it wrong! I don't get it, I have done 90% of all vehicle repairs myself in my life and over 90% of all pressure washer repairs and building and have had numerous roof cleaning setups I did myself, but I can't seem to get hooking up a solenoid straight in my head! The pump still works, but nothing comes through the solenoid at all. I will get another one - maybe someone can help me and word this setup in a way that I can get through my 68 year old - 9 prescriptions a day - HEAD? :-(

Well, I did 1 job with a snowplow continuous duty solenoid instead of the factory switch. After 2 hours the solenoid quit working and was blazing hot! I assume I wired it wrongly? Marcus in Texas and Bruce Sullivan bot tried to help me-Marcus made a diagram and Brice made a video and I still did it wrong! I don't get it, I have done 90% of all vehicle repairs myself in my life and over 90% of all pressure washer repairs and building and have had numerous roof cleaning setups I did myself, but I can't seem to get hooking up a solenoid straight in my head! The pump still works, but nothing comes through the solenoid at all. I will get another one - maybe someone can help me and word this setup in a way that I can get through my 68 year old - 9 prescriptions a day - HEAD? :-(

Listen to your Son! Come to the Dark Side. Here is your answer...one pull and you are spraying. More distance, but capable of FAR less flow (want to put a 1/2 PM mist nozzle on it? no problem!). No batteries.  Just add fuel from time to time (it sips fuel) and change the oil occasionally. 

Outlaw-C. World's smallest Gas Powered Air Diaphragm Pump system. 10 GPM, dual pump system. Honda Engine. American Built. 22" cube. I have one guy in FL hitting 60 ft with his. YMMV. 

Outlaw-C Pump System.

img_1250_med_hr.jpeg