Sign in to follow this  
TLC Roof cleaning & house wash

QSE from Cleaner Today

Funny, people talk about taking the high road, but make accusation based on someone asking a question. I just joined this group to get info from professionals. I bought my stuff at PWP and trying to look at all options, just before paying my membership I ask a question and  this is the response I get, Not professional and I'll get my info else where, I'm a regular guy that works a full time job and work on the side to put my son through college, I am on the high road but you are not.  

Edited by TLC Roof cleaning & house wash

Funny, people talk about taking the high road, but make accusation based on someone asking a question. I just joined this group to get info from professionals. I bought my stuff at PWP and trying to look at all options, just before paying my membership I ask a question and  this is the response I get, Not professional and I'll get my info else where, I'm a regular guy that works a full time job and work on the side to put my son through college, I am on the high road but you are not.  

TLC you did nothing wrong, of course!

However, Ted with Roof Cleaning Virginia is truly as nice a giuy as you could know!

I have been a member of RCIA since it's first year and in that time, I have seen what Ted thought you might be-A vendor looking for buyers. He was just waiting you out a bit, to see if you were for real or for sale.

Honestly--get to know Ted just a little-talk to him on the phone and I guarantee you you will like him and he will do anything he can to help you! In answer to your question though, no, none of those gimmick "Homeowner Do It Youself" products are worth a nickel. I tried the first 3 as they came out on the back of my shingled roof and after 3 and 4 months, they had turned a bit yellowish and went back to black algae [ or bacteria technically ] by about 6 months-full black in a year.

Nothing works but Chlorine mixes-which you can use the "SEARCH" feature here and find out what everyone thinks is best. Me? I use 30 -35% chlorine and 48 ounces of Gain dish liquid in a 100 gallon tank for shingled roofs and 50% chlorine on tile.

Don't get upset with RCIA over a little, temporary glitch. RCIA is the real deal all the way!

Here's a video of me cleaning a roof with my mixture- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVakZwBLwUc

I appreciate your response, yea I normally don't get to upset about stuff. Just trying to get it right, I'm building my own and good to know that the SH and soap is the way to go. Thanks 

Ted is an awesome guy, who loves this place. We get every type of scam artist coming through here, trying to sell our members some worthless shit :(  Ted saw something that made his suspicious, please don't take it personally :) 

Thanks Chuck and Chris.  Let's pick the meanest biker bar in Fl next winter, and go raise a little hell, since you guys have my back  :-)

I thought my post was quite clear  "Presuming you're a would be vendor, say as much."  So, if ya ain't, ya ain't.

Hope you're beating than damned cancer Chuck.