Roof Cleaning Virginia

Class Action Lawsuit - Home Advisor

This is great news. These lead services rip people off with fake leads. What's worse is that they get hundreds of contractors paying them to compete with us! Three of the biggest competitors for SEO are lead scammers. They don't offer any of the services we do, but they sure want people to call them first! Some require you to give them a back link from your website so you are "verified". What this does is unnaturally sways the search engine results in their favor. Due to the massive amount of back links from contractors of every field, their spammy little landing pages get top positions on the search engines. That to me is blackhat SEO. Google sees all of the links from industry related sites (naive contractors) so they think these lead services are "authority" sites. They're not. They are just spam pages with a ton of back links, and the more people who sign up with them, the more money they have to gum up the works and steal leads from all of us. 

The whole selling bogus leads is why I will never trust, use, promote, or recommend any lead services to anyone. They're just a middle man trying to make a dime where they really aren't needed. Clients can find qualified contractors themselves. 

They are rip offs, that's for sure. That being said, I would sure like a night with Amy Matthews :) 

I got ripped off by them years ago, when they were Service Magic! We were charged for leads that were so old, often when we drove out to give the estimates, competitors were up cleaning them :( 

Home Advisor helped us double our business in just two years.  I like the fact that I don't have to respond to a lead if I don't want to.  I know I pay for them, but that is a small cost compared to other lead generation schemes.  I quickly learned how to capitalize on the leads and I close 90+% of the leads I choose to act on.  Compared to other lead generation programs, HA has provided us with top quality leads and clients over the years I have used them.

Roy dos Santos

Elite Property Maintenance

Chattanooga, 

I can't stand Home Advisor. They ripped me off when they were Service Magic. I highly recommend ALL contractors stay away from HA. They sell fake leads, and that alone is reason enough to not give them your business. If you're closing 90% of your leads, you are very rare, because almost nobody does that.  Their reps like to join groups and claim all kinds of great success with them that really doesn't equate to what the average person will get. The average guy is going to get a bunch of fake leads, and them dipping into his bank account when they're not supposed to. The thing is, if you don't dispute the fake leads, you just get screwed. If you DO dispute them, it's still up to HA whether they keep your money. 

This is not a limited experience or a fluke. Literally almost everyone who has used them has the same kind of experience. People who don't exist, phones that ring but never answer, blah, blah. 

My advice is STAY FAR AWAY from HA and any other lead service. 

Yup, they're down right CRIMINAL if you ask me. Yet somehow, we always get these guys who just joined the site, or facebook group, or whatever coming in and saying how fabulous it is, and how they make a million dollars because of HA. I'm trying to figure out how you get that much money from fake leads, lol. 

Not only do they use your company name and your phone number, redirected to one of their lines, but they will also spoof local phone numbers when they call you. They know that you won't answer their out of town numbers, and they know you're not ever going to answer if their name shows up on caller ID. 

I can't wait to see lead companies tank. ALL of them. 

On 3/16/2017 at 9:19 AM, Roof Cleaning Virginia said:

Someone is taking action against HA, formerly known as Service Magic:

https://chimicles.com/class-action-filed-homeadvisor-iacinteractive/

Great Find Ted !!!!!!!!!!!