Advantage Roof Cleaning

Credit Card Payments

What method of credit card payments are you using today? Do you use the cube, hand a portable device to the customer to enter their info, invoice them a link, etc? Is it synchronized with your accounting software such as Quick Books? What seems to work best for you? Currently, we use PayPal but more and more customers just prefer to give us a credit card and be done with it. What are your recommendations?

http://www.advantageroofcleaning.com/cedar-shake-roof-and-cedar-siding-cleaning-in-evanston-cook-county/

Dave, in today's day and age with credit card fraud, identity theft etc, we choose to never handle persons card nor have their CC information.  We're as honest as they day is long, but I'm not going to allow us to even be remotely implicated with any aforementioned issue.  So, if a client wants to remit via CC, it's via a secure CC payment portal on our website.

It'll be interesting to see what others think and do.

We use square, both in the field and for invoicing. I was looking at using quickbooks, but I'm not sure it's such a great deal in comparison. Square is easy, and we never handle their credit card details. Every once in a while, a client will give us a number to charge, and we input manually. As soon as payment is approved, all credit card information is scribbled out, shredded, and destroyed. I am of the same mindset. I don't like handling their details, but we are a professional company and we can handle securely taking payment in just about any form the client wants to give it. Our roof cleaning clients in Jacksonville, Florida get the highest level of service and convenience. We make roof cleaning super easy for them. Just schedule a time, magic elves make your roof amazing, quick payment and boom we're gone. 

They can pay me with cash or check or PayPal or cc. I use Square to run the card in person right in front of them or to input the number over the phone. They can also go to my website and use the "make a payment" button. They can also pay by cc directly from the invoice I send them from my CRM. So, anyone that is concerned with giving out their info to me has other very easy ways to use a cc. I figure I am no more at risk handling their card than a clerk in the store or a cashier in the drive through or the person taking my order online.