ARMADILLO ROOF CLEANING

What do you think of this pump?

Just say NO to this pump, for a few dollars more you can get a KYNAR pump from Lori at pressure washer products, or a rebuilt pump from Kevin Enderle from Peak Of Perfection in Bellingham, Washington.

No, but it will work, and work well. However, when it breaks, you will not have the advantage of having bought it from a dealer who is familiar with what we do. The 2 vendors I suggested to you can compete or beat this price, plus take care of you when your pump breaks, as well as provide valuable advice.

Having after the sale support from your suppliers is very important when your livelihood depends on the products you bought.

I have done business with Miss Lori at PWP, bought AODD pump, hose reel and hoses, and can say she is top notch and only a txt/phone call away.

I am sure Kevin is a great guy to work with as well and they both have a strong presence here at the RCIA.

Having after the sale support from your suppliers is very important when your livelihood depends on the products you bought.

I have done business with Miss Lori at PWP, bought AODD pump, hose reel and hoses, and can say she is top notch and only a txt/phone call away.

I am sure Kevin is a great guy to work with as well and they both have a strong presence here at the RCIA.

Here is the way it works here, if you are a vendor here, and we get complaints that you ignore, or at least try to make right, you get shown the door. 

Dont by used IMO buy new its not worth buying a used pump. There are a ton of places that sell air pumps and they all SHOULD come with a warranty. We only use ARO pumps and they are all backed by a 5 year warranty. Shop around do the research and find the best deal with good customer service.

We stopped doing pump rebuilds and now concentrate on our Outlaw skid series. The MFGs have purposefully driven a lot of pump rebuilders away by requiring very large minimum parts orders. 

We DO sell new pumps however. Versamatic...not my first choice in a 1/2" pump. I'd stick with ARO or go with two of the pumps we use on our Outlaw skids...20 GPM with two and you can run them off a 10 CFM compressor. 

We stopped doing pump rebuilds and now concentrate on our Outlaw skid series. The MFGs have purposefully driven a lot of pump rebuilders away by requiring very large minimum parts orders. 

We DO sell new pumps however. Versamatic...not my first choice in a 1/2" pump. I'd stick with ARO or go with two of the pumps we use on our Outlaw skids...20 GPM with two and you can run them off a 10 CFM compressor. 

I totally agree with Kevin here. Brian from Beacon Roof Cleaning had nothing but trouble with the Versamatic Pumps. 

So how does that affect the needed maintenance, like diaphragm replacement, etc.....Would that mean that the pumps would have to be sent back to the manufacturer instead of doing it ourselves?

So how does that affect the needed maintenance, like diaphragm replacement, etc.....Would that mean that the pumps would have to be sent back to the manufacturer instead of doing it ourselves?

It is a real issue. Dealers are still likely to be able to get diaphragm and air end kits, but prices have gone up. But the independent rebuilders...the manufactures are trying to encourage new pump sales, so they are putting the kibosh on rebuilds and have put in minimums. If all I needed was some manifold seals, I didn't need to buy $250 worth of other parts and it has made for a pump graveyard in my shop of pumps that just need one or two parts, but they are not worth fixing since the minimums are too high. The new Pumps I sell as a dealer, Flojet, I have access to the rebuild kits and the manufacturer has specifically told me they will supply kits. They dwarf all other pump msgs in volume, selling millions of pumps per year, so they can afford to stock large inventories of spares. But it became increasingly hard to get spares on the used pumps I was rebuilding and the prices on the spares started rising. I didn't make a lot of margin to begin with on the used pumps...did it more to help guys out and keep me amused on the weekends so the decision to stop was made. I'll still continue to warranty any pumps I sold.

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Good to know....Thank you for the info!

I've been considering the 1" All-Flo from Lori more and more seriously lately....I guess she would be able to get maintenance parts?