Bergman Roof Cleaning

USE 30 SPF LIP PROTECTION. I HAVE LIP CANCER!

I have been having small cancers and loads of pre-cancers removed yearly for the last 15 years or so. It's gone to 2 x a year the last few years-but always face, forehead, neck, shoulders etc.

Then, I noticed some very tiny pinholes in my lower lip about 2 months ago. My GP didn't know what it was. I saw a dermatologist and it's lip cancer. Just did 21 days of Flurouracil 0.5 % it ate my lip up plenty [ Flurouracil  only attacks cancer or pre-cancerous skin cells ] but the pinholes remain!

Can't see my derm again until Tuesday and of course, I'm worried now! = Surgery?

See photo of day 18

Lip Cancer.jpg

I used sunscreen on my face and ears for the last 15 years or so, but because I was using chapstick, with an spf 4 7-8 times a day, I never thought about getting lip cancer!

I imagine the overspray in the face of roof mix don't help much either!

Chuck,

Are the doctors sure it was sun exposure or is it possible that the chapstick is the culprit. It seems as though each year we see a commercial or news print of different things causing cancer down the road.

Mike

Chuck,

Are the doctors sure it was sun exposure or is it possible that the chapstick is the culprit. It seems as though each year we see a commercial or news print of different things causing cancer down the road.

Mike

That's interesting!

NO, the doctor sim-ply said it was cancer, not specifically from sun exposure-I assumed that, as I have dozens of pre-cancerous tissue spots removed twice a year.

If it could be caused by Chapstick, I would really like to see the info you speak of! I will go research it now!

Thanks!

Such a HUGE and graphic pic!  Really tells a story though. Hoping the best for you. Let us know how you come out.

Sorry about that! I just posted a picture, as it came from my camera? Thanks!

Chuck, I haven't seen or heard of Chapstick causing cancer however, I heard something a few years ago where some type of sunscreen was under review as it may have contributed to skin cancer. Can't remember which brand but it was on the news. 

I too use Chapstick but not on a regular basis and was just asking about it.

Mike