I just hired my first sales guy who will be starting this coming season. He's ben in sales for over 10 years and is currently doing great at  it. He is also one of my good friends. We worked out a cash commission payout as of now. For those of you who have sales employees or anybody working marketing for you; pros/cons, any advice and how successful has your sales people ben for you? 

I just hired my first sales guy who will be starting this coming season. He's ben in sales for over 10 years and is currently doing great at  it. He is also one of my good friends. We worked out a cash commission payout as of now. For those of you who have sales employees or anybody working marketing for you; pros/cons, any advice and how successful has your sales people ben for you? 

Find a salesperson who already does canvassing for a non competitive company, like a Man who goes door to door selling aluminum or vinyl siding for instance, and get him to sell for you as well on commission. Pay him good

Where is the best place to find these sales people... ???

The sales people that actually do go door to door... ???

One good lead is to find your local monthly meetings for realtors / private investors / etc... This is a great place to market with your local real estate network... Most of the time they form a line and whomever wants to come up and give your 2 minute spiel in front of the group that night you can... If you are camera shy just pass out cards amongst the group and you get the same point across...  BTW most of these meetings have a yearly due, but, it is small compared to the amount of work you can obtain... The one that I know of is $ 149.00 per year... They meet once a month... First meeting you can go as a guest so it's free... Def. worth checking out... That's peanuts considering... !!!

What is the percent that you would offer these canvassers... ???

It's funny as I am a working man... Daily... It's amazing on how much time I spend in the construction industry with clients... I enjoy both facets and do extremely well at both... but... I much rather just do the work... Starting off I will be doing both, but, it would be nice to have someone answer the phones and set my schedule...

What is the percent that you would offer these canvassers... ???

It's funny as I am a working man... Daily... It's amazing on how much time I spend in the construction industry with clients... I enjoy both facets and do extremely well at both... but... I much rather just do the work... Starting off I will be doing both, but, it would be nice to have someone answer the phones and set my schedule...

from 10 to 20%, pay more on the cheaper houses under 500.00 and less on the ones that are more expensive.