FPCS

Do you use "zero pressure" to describe your cleaning process? Well now you'll be sued!

Today I got a message on my instagram account  from True Clean, a roof cleaning company put of West Palm Beach.  They stated that they have "zero pressure" federally trademarked and told me to remove all references of it from my photos or they will have lawyers serve paperwork. 

I'm not going to comply, and I'll wait on the legal papers, but this is beyond ridiculous.  They trademarked it in March of this year and I (and all of us) have been using "zero pressure" as a descriptive term for many years now.  There is a good chance they can't defend their trademark in court since it is a generic and descriptive term, and if it really came down to it, someone could go further and have their trademark invalidated. 

I'm just giving you guys a head's up and you may want to spread the word on social media.  Enough negative attention and these patent trolls may just pull their heads out of their asses. 

Today I got a message on my instagram account  from True Clean, a roof cleaning company put of West Palm Beach.  They stated that they have "zero pressure" federally trademarked and told me to remove all references of it from my photos or they will have lawyers serve paperwork. 

I'm not going to comply, and I'll wait on the legal papers, but this is beyond ridiculous.  They trademarked it in March of this year and I (and all of us) have been using "zero pressure" as a descriptive term for many years now.  There is a good chance they can't defend their trademark in court since it is a generic and descriptive term, and if it really came down to it, someone could go further and have their trademark invalidated. 

I'm just giving you guys a head's up and you may want to spread the word on social media.  Enough negative attention and these patent trolls may just pull their heads out of their asses. 

I would tell them what part of my anatomy they could either kiss, or suck. Be sure to see my post about the EPA Registered Pesticide, and read the thread. 

You might want to forward that trademark claim to the legal division at Michelin Tire who has their Zero Pressure Run Flat Tires. 

I suspect their legal department is a bit larger than True Clean's and would squash them like a bug under...a tire. 

LOL, The URL for my website is saferoofcleaning dot com, and one day some company called to inform me I needed to change my URL because they had the rights to the term safe roof cleaning. I informed them I had something they could kiss :)