Curb Appeal Pros LLC

How do you pay your employees?

Hey guys,

So 1st year is almost in the books we have done 6X the work we thought we would do and let me tell you business is SWEET! There is honestly nothing like NOT working for the man and running a business for yourself its a great feeling. Yeah its hard work, yeah its WAY more than 40 hours a week but man its a good feeling making nothing from something. So here is my questions to everyone. 1. How do you pay your employees? Do you pay them by job or by how much the job is? Hell do you pay them by the hour? My 2nd question is at what point did you add a 2nd rig? I mean there is no reason why you cant do 1,000 is business a day as long as you have the work its easy. However if you do the math the numbers are retarded you can make 200k no problem as long as you have your name out there and doing the work. 2-3 roofs a day for 3 house washes a day is 1K no problem. However did you add your 2nd rig when your going 6 houses a day and you cant keep or or do you just book out 3 weeks and grind? I know everyone will have there own opinion and there will be no right or wrong answer but I want to learn from YOUR mistakes and avoid making my own ;) haha please post your reply and let me know what you think... 

Thanks 

We used to use PayChex, a payroll service, but my Kid does it himself now with Quickbooks. We are a one truck operation now, but have a backup truck that can be easily staffed, in case of emergencies. We are almost always 2 weeks out for booking, and customers seem cool with that. Better then the nightmare of keeping 2 trucks runninng full time I think. 

but do you pay them by the HR or by the job.. Say a 300 dollar roof cleaning do you pay your employee 15 per hour worked or say 30 bucks a job

We pay a 500 dollar a week salary + commission on anything extra they sell, but we have enough full time work to do that, easily.

We pay a 500 dollar a week salary + commission on anything extra they sell, but we have enough full time work to do that, easily.

i like the base salary and then commission for up sells.. Good idea.. So if they work 40 hours or 60 hours its still 500?