Spotless Roof & Exterior Cleaning

Yamada 1/2" NDP-15FPT + 5.5 HP/ 9.3CFM Air Compressor

So how is she working out for you... Did you dial that baby in ???

I have the NDP-15 and I will be using the Eaton 9 H.P. 20 CFM wheel barrow compressor... I'll let you know once she is all together in the next few months... Building my rig through the upcoming winter... Ready for Jan. / Feb. kick off... !!!

My setup  is working fine but with a 20cfm it would  work way better :cool:

Yes Sigfredo, there is no such thing as too much air. Most start out with the smaller harbor freight wheelbarrow gas powered air compressor. This air compressor with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch air pump makes for a reliable roof cleaning system. However, make no mistake, and 1/2 inch pump can benefit from more air or CFM. The larger harbor freight air comprssor makes any 1/2 inch pump spray better then the smaller air compressor, and plus, it has electric start!  The Eaton air compressors my friend Kevin from peak of perfection sells are even better!  

Yes Sigfredo, there is no such thing as too much air. Most start out with the smaller harbor freight wheelbarrow gas powered air compressor. This air compressor with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch air pump makes for a reliable roof cleaning system. However, make no mistake, and 1/2 inch pump can benefit from more air or CFM. The larger harbor freight air comprssor makes any 1/2 inch pump spray better then the smaller air compressor, and plus, it has electric start!  The Eaton air compressors my friend Kevin from peak of perfection sells are even better!  

So will the 9 HP / 20 CFM Eaton air compressor out air the HF 30 gallon electric start compressor... ???

I know it is half the weight of the HF compressor...

Thank you

So will the 9 HP / 20 CFM Eaton air compressor out air the HF 30 gallon electric start compressor... ???

Thank you

As a rule, the more horsepower an air compressor has the better. The HF has 14 hp and is rated at 18.5 CFM at 90 psi, and is a 2 stage compressor. We have used this air compressor for nearly 4 years now 6 days a week. Only the recoil has broken so far, and the electric start key switch relay. Not bad for 4 years of constant, everyday use.  However, it is a big very heavy thing, and if it does break on your flatbed truck, you will most likely need a fork lift to get it off.

I have never personally used the Eaton Compressor, but it is a clever design that uses a pump with more cylinders to get more RATED CFM, then the HF unit. Again, I say RATED because it is far too easy for companies to flat out Lie about how much air CFM they really have.  

Many roof cleaners use the Eaton air compressor, and I have never ever heard a bad word about it.  

We use Flatbed trucks, and we really appreciate the electric start and pull rope feature of the large HF Air Compressor.

The Eaton is a fine air compressor I am sure, but I know big HF ac is a beast because I have one and it will give you all the air you need. If you can afford the size and weight, the bigger air tank and smaller price tag for the HF make it a good choice, IMO. 

Thank you

Yes. It will. And the Eaton is available with electric start too!

I have the same Eaton compressor and pretty happy with it. Mines pull start and starts usually within one two pulls but electric start might be better but then your going to have to get and maintain a battery too. It's picky on the oil level so if your off just a little it will shut down then you might have to disconnect trailer or whatever you need to do to get the oil level in the sight glass. 

Edited by Twin Ports Roof Cleaning

Electric start is a $150 option. Worth it. 

Kevin,

I contacted Eaton direct.... They quoted me $ 450.00 for electric... Did you mean to write $ 150.00 or can I really get it done for $ 150.00... ???

I really like the size and performance of this compressor...

Thanks Kevin... !!!

If you order it from Eaton might as well get a few quarts of the Airbase synthetic compressor oil as they recommend a change after first 10 hours or so. The Honda motor you will have to look up the manual yourself online for service and maintainence, I think it's a quart for each to do a oil change. 

Kevin,

I contacted Eaton direct.... They quoted me $ 450.00 for electric... Did you mean to write $ 150.00 or can I really get it done for $ 150.00... ???

I really like the size and performance of this compressor...

Thanks Kevin... !!!

Hmmm. They told me $150 on the Wheelbarrow version. 

So which one would be your pick Kevin if I could handle the weight... ???

The Eaton 9 H.P. with electric start or the HF 30 gallon... ???

This would be to run a 1/2" Yamada pump... Keep in mind a 1" upgrade may happen if need be down the line, but, starting off with the 1/2" which I had already purchased...

Anyone elses thoughts would be appreciated as well...

Thank you... !!!

This would be to run a 1/2" Yamada pump... Keep in mind a 1" upgrade may happen if need be down the line, but, starting off with the 1/2" which I had already purchased...

Thank you... !!!

We have used the big 30 gallon HF Air Compressor 6 days a week for nearly 4 years now, doing 2 to 4 roofs a day, and some pretty large commercial roof cleaning jobs, pretty much w/o any major incidents. The recoils have failed, as well as the electric starter motors, but this is normal wear and tear. 

I have never tried the Eatons, but know several who swear by them. 

Thank you... !!!

We have a 1in  Pump with the 9 HP eaton pull start and its more than you need.. The pull start is really easy 1 pull and your done its not worth the money to upgrade save your money and spend it on something else. IMO I would do the eaton over the HF just because of the warranty and its a honda. The only thing good about the HF is you have 30 gallons of air vs 10 gallons with the eaton. However it does not matter its more than enough air we still hit 3 stories all day long no issues and the compressor can keep up.. So for your 1/2 its way overkill for a 1in its just enough to do a great job.