Curb Appeal Pros LLC

No more mean green hose FOREVER

Hey guys I just thought I would let everyone no Mean green is no longer making hoses. I did a youtube video on the hose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvXK322bb_g and I talked about what I thought ect. I've used the hose for about 4 months and I bought it from https://www.factorydirecthose.com/  Now I will be doing a video to give a review of a better hose but they all have their pros and cons. The mean green was light weight so that was GREAT. They said it was kink free what a lie that was that thing would kink every day at least 5X a day but it was also really easy to un kink. However 4 months if use and BOTH hoses I bought blew out the sidewall when using the boost pump ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME). So I called the company and they refunded my money because they dont make that product anymore and she suggested the Gator Hide hose. Most people think its the same hose but the only difference is that the gator hide is safe for drinking water. This was the email she sent me about the quality of the product.

We have been having some issues with our phones, we apologize. Also, sorry for the delayed response I was checking in with my manager as to what we can do for you. The manufacturer has since stopped making the Mean Green hoses so we do not sell those anymore. 

The best options I can offer you are, we can send two new GatorHyde hoses, which are a good alternative but not as great of quality. Or  I can just refund you the amount paid for the hoses.

I apologize we can't do much more than that and I'm sorry you had issues with these hoses.

So I dont want to buy this hose because if the mean green was better quality and I went through both hoses in less than 4 months there is no way the gator hide will last me. I talked to some friends and I came across ELEY Clayton from Shingle Brite told me about  how amazing their quick connects are ( they are amazing I just got them in huge and heavy) so I thought I would try to buy their house because they have a 10 year warranty. I got the hose they other day and its heavier than the mean green for sure but its not as heavy as a  rubber hose. With that being said you cant kink this hose unless you bend the hose yourself which is nice but coiling the hose is somewhat of a pain. Long story short its the same price as the mean green and gator hide but it has a 10 year warranty and their customer service is AMAZING. So I will be buying them and its the last hose you will truly ever need because there is a 10 year warranty on the hose. Also best Quick Connects ive ever seen and the price is great. BUY BUY BUY,
I will be posting a video on youtube showing the difference between the mean green and the new hose so make sure you check it out.

Hey guys ill post a video on here to I am making it today.. Yesterday was the 1st day with the new hose and its 100% better than mean green... A little more weight but it truly is a non kink hose.. The hose lays flat and it coils so its easy to wrap up. I have got a lot of hose in my day that are all non kink and they all kink hell my mean green would get kinked just looking at it. In mean greens defense it was easy to un kink but still. This hose we used it for 8 hours yesterday and I can already tell it going to be a great time saving hose. Plus with a 10 year warranty how do you not get it?

I got a meangreen at tractor supply two weeks ago  I couldnt get a 3/4" though.

3/4 is really what you want but the company went under so if you did get it its most likely until supplies run out. If you can return it and get the Eley you would be better off IMO. I am doing a video today its amazing how the mean green blew out on me on BOTH hoses within 4 months of use. Plus 10 year warranty on the Eley how do you go wrong.

Good info, good to know.  I have a mean green and have not really had any issues with it. Occasional kink now and then, but nothing like what you have in this video.  Have not experienced any crush issues with the connector ends as of yet. Thanks for the informative comparison.

Good info, good to know.  I have a mean green and have not really had any issues with it. Occasional kink now and then, but nothing like what you have in this video.  Have not experienced any crush issues with the connector ends as of yet. Thanks for the informative comparison.

What a great name you have BTW ;) You know everyone says its the best hose but they dont make it anymore so its a moot point I guess. I only had them for a few months and somewhat light use. I know Clayton from shingle bright got the gator hide hose and he is having a lot of kinking issues. When you wear that one out I would suggest trying Eley and not the gator hide just my thoughts tho!

What a great name you have BTW ;) You know everyone says its the best hose but they dont make it anymore so its a moot point I guess. I only had them for a few months and somewhat light use. I know Clayton from shingle bright got the gator hide hose and he is having a lot of kinking issues. When you wear that one out I would suggest trying Eley and not the gator hide just my thoughts tho!

Will do!  Thanks again.

We've run Mean Green for a while and haven't had any issues. But we DO keep them on Hannay reels and I think that is probably a big factor as far as keeping the kinks out with nearly any hose, particularly when the temperatures are higher and the hose tends to be softer and heavy since it is full of water. 

Eley...which I am a dealer for...makes a GREAT hose cart which might be a good thing to consider. Just pull the hose cart up to the spigot with your booster pump, hook up the quick connects and pump away. When done, wrap it up and put the cart back in the trailer. Their stand alone reels...by the way...are NOT warranted for mobile use so mounting one is not recommended (go Hannay). 

We've run Mean Green for a while and haven't had any issues. But we DO keep them on Hannay reels and I think that is probably a big factor as far as keeping the kinks out with nearly any hose, particularly when the temperatures are higher and the hose tends to be softer and heavy since it is full of water. 

Eley...which I am a dealer for...makes a GREAT hose cart which might be a good thing to consider. Just pull the hose cart up to the spigot with your booster pump, hook up the quick connects and pump away. When done, wrap it up and put the cart back in the trailer. Their stand alone reels...by the way...are NOT warranted for mobile use so mounting one is not recommended (go Hannay). 

a dealer for eley? Why would you need to be a dealer since everyone can order directly from them and they ship to your door? A portable hose real is not a bad deal but the method we are using now works great with the eley hose. The mean green not so much but they don't make the hose anymore so it's a dead point. I've not seen to many  portable hose reels if any that can support 200 ft of 3/4 hose although I've not looked hard.