We had a situation come up, where we were doing a roof cleaning at a residential home. The customer's neighbor approximately 2 homes down, claims to contracted chlorine poisoning from inhaling the sent from the roof. Due this our state DEC was notified. Is there anything we need to concerned about for a legal point of view. NYDEC representative also mentioned about registering our solution with the DEC, but it seems sodium hypochlorite is already listed. Any help with this situation would be appreciated.

We had a situation come up, where we were doing a roof cleaning at a residential home. The customer's neighbor approximately 2 homes down, claims to contracted chlorine poisoning from inhaling the sent from the roof. Due this our state DEC was notified. Is there anything we need to concerned about for a legal point of view. NYDEC representative also mentioned about registering our solution with the DEC, but it seems sodium hypochlorite is already listed. Any help with this situation would be appreciated.

I would fall back on the ARMA Guidelines for shingle roof cleaning, and if asked, say you rinsed the roof.

I am a Ham Radio Operator, and have a 40 foot antenna tower, with a directional antenna on it, with a rotator. I keep it pointed north, w`hen I am not using it. One day a man and woman from the next street over knocked on my door. They were very nice, but accused me of mutating their vegetable garden with my high power radio waves. 

There are weirdo's and Hypochrondiac people all over it seems. 

Quick update....

So far there doesn't seem to be any legal action. What our DEC recommends is changing our wording. If we mention words like "kills or it's an algaecide" it causes a red flag. They mentioned that if that's how we're labeling our product, then it needs to be registered with the DEC. After explaining how we apply our system he recommends promoting the system using words like "Removes or Cleans" algae, moss, lichen.

I'll continue to update if anything else comes up.  

Quick update....

So far there doesn't seem to be any legal action. What our DEC recommends is changing our wording. If we mention words like "kills or it's an algaecide" it causes a red flag. They mentioned that if that's how we're labeling our product, then it needs to be registered with the DEC. After explaining how we apply our system he recommends promoting the system using words like "Removes or Cleans" algae, moss, lichen.

I'll continue to update if anything else comes up.  

They are absolutely correct, because once you mention that it KILLS, you have crossed that invisible line from a cleaner to a pesticide :( A Big No No