Need A little guidance... Scheduled a roof that has an incredible amount of algae growth growing on/in/around shingles. Will I be OK with applying roof "apple sauce" wash mix or do i need additional ingredients to take care of the excessive growth ? Your replies to this post are gratefully appreciated ! 

I want to be clear about something, ALL that is needed to clean any shingle or tile roof is SH and water. The TSP in the AppleSauce is not suggested for rookie roof cleaners. Unless you are familiar with the use of TSP, I suggest using only the SH and water, or some Gain Dish Soap added to the mix. Have you a picture of this roof you can post ?

I really appreciate your immediate response ! (I was actually shocked you answered so quickly) We are familiar with TSP, we actually use it often when cleaning exterior of homes with aluminum siding.However we are rookies at roof cleaning and if you are suggesting not to use at first, I am perfectly fine with that. As you can see in the picture there is quite a bit of algae,mold,moss and lichens. They do have gutters and this is actually a garage that sets away from the home and all landscaping with a 2/12 pitch so in my opinion a perfect roof for a rookie that is why we have accepted the job. Any and all of your professional suggestions are greatly appreciated !

I really appreciate your immediate response ! (I was actually shocked you answered so quickly) We are familiar with TSP, we actually use it often when cleaning exterior of homes with aluminum siding.However we are rookies at roof cleaning and if you are suggesting not to use at first, I am perfectly fine with that. As you can see in the picture there is quite a bit of algae,mold,moss and lichens. They do have gutters and this is actually a garage that sets away from the home and all landscaping with a 2/12 pitch so in my opinion a perfect roof for a rookie that is why we have accepted the job. Any and all of your professional suggestions are greatly appreciated !

Blow it off first, of course, taking care to blow down the roof, not up, as this can damage shingles. The Lichen will have to die first, and will eventually fall off the roof. 

Thank you for your professional opinion. I am joining NOW ! Great knowing there is a business owner willing to take their valuable time to help a rookie ! Thanks again !

Welcome! My Uncle used to work for Champion Spake Plugs in Toledo. I grew up north of Detroit, and came to Toledo every summer to swim, fish, and hang out near Lake Erie, and to go to Cedar Point.