Hi Everyone!  We just joined the site a couple of days ago.  We are located just outside of Springfield Illinois.  And of course I have lots of questions for you all.  We hope to have our company name by the end of this week, but for now I am trying to get my pump ordered.  My goal is to be ready to order it the 1st thing on Monday morning.  I have decided to purchase a pump that is already completely built.  I am thinking over the Fat Boy Bandit or The Soft Wash in a Box.  Your opinoins would be greatly appreciated.  I have notice that some of you have more than one tank.  Some have two and even three.  I would like to know the reasons and uses of the extra tanks.  Should I get more than just one tank?  I am wanting it all installed on a skid is the reason for wanting to know this.  Is the reason for the extra tanks is that you have different reciepes for different jobs.  Do you use the same mix to clean a roof as you would use to clean siding?

I have several of my own roofs that I want to practice on before going public.  Would any one want to share their cleaning mix reciepe with me and let me know the best place to purchase such items.

And last of all beside getting my assume name and insurance is there any other special license needed to get started.  If so who do I check with.  I know everyone season is getting started and going to be busy from here out, but I greatly appreciate your time and imput.

Thanks Everyone, Daryl

Welcome, Daryl. The 12 v system are great! We use the All-flo with a compresser. We use 2 125 gl tanks one is for water and the other one is for the mix. You should not use the roof mix on the house most guys use 1 to 2 % mix on the house and 30 to 50 % on the roof.Any questions ask and I will help the best I can.

Hi Everyone!  We just joined the site a couple of days ago.  We are located just outside of Springfield Illinois.  And of course I have lots of questions for you all.  We hope to have our company name by the end of this week, but for now I am trying to get my pump ordered.  My goal is to be ready to order it the 1st thing on Monday morning.  I have decided to purchase a pump that is already completely built.  I am thinking over the Fat Boy Bandit or The Soft Wash in a Box.  Your opinoins would be greatly appreciated.  I have notice that some of you have more than one tank.  Some have two and even three.  I would like to know the reasons and uses of the extra tanks.  Should I get more than just one tank?  I am wanting it all installed on a skid is the reason for wanting to know this.  Is the reason for the extra tanks is that you have different reciepes for different jobs.  Do you use the same mix to clean a roof as you would use to clean siding?

I have several of my own roofs that I want to practice on before going public.  Would any one want to share their cleaning mix reciepe with me and let me know the best place to purchase such items.

And last of all beside getting my assume name and insurance is there any other special license needed to get started.  If so who do I check with.  I know everyone season is getting started and going to be busy from here out, but I greatly appreciate your time and imput.

Thanks Everyone, Daryl

I would just get the fat boy pump all by itself, then buy your hose local (save freight). You can order the gun, wand, and tips from them too. We do not use hose reels, we simply wrap our hose around the plastic box used to hold our tarps, etc, etc.

You will need a deep cycle 12 volt marine battery for the fat boy roof cleaning pump.

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

Welcome to the forum, you'll find out everything you to know here.

Welcome. There are as many different ways to set-up your rig for cleaning. But I would say 2 tanks is needed. I started with a 100 gallon and a 50 gallon tank. Worked great for me. One was for roofs and the other for siding washing. As for a license, you will need to check with your state and city to see what type of license is needed ( if any) to operate an exterior cleaning company.

We run 2 marine battery's in case one go dead we have a back up. We have 2 of everything in case something breaks we can get the job done.

A great idea! Things  always break when potential customers are waving cash under your nose!

Bob from pressure tek is one of the best when it comes to 12 volt. As far as multiple tanks ,pumps,batteries.... this is all good questions and in time you will be the best one to answer them. As you go along there will be better and faster ways to improve your set up and those changes may only be good for you and may not work for me. Get something up and running that works and make changes and modification's as you go along.

Bob from pressure tek is one of the best when it comes to 12 volt. As far as multiple tanks ,pumps,batteries.... this is all good questions and in time you will be the best one to answer them. As you go along there will be better and faster ways to improve your set up and those changes may only be good for you and may not work for me. Get something up and running that works and make changes and modification's as you go along.

I have to agree with you on tweeking what works for you along the way. I actually made my own extension wand out of PVC for use on the tile roofs I clean. It sprays evenly, and is light and easy for ME to use.

We run 2 marine battery's in case one go dead we have a back up. We have 2 of everything in case something breaks we can get the job done.

We keep 2 of everything on hand for the same reasons. Good advice, and we have learned that from experience. Our pc mechanic says we are one of the only ones who doesn't rush him to fix anything...lol

Thanks Everyone, Daryl

Are you doing ok, any roof cleaning questions we can help you with ?

Are you doing ok, any roof cleaning questions we can help you with ?

Thank you so much for asking.  It has been a long month of family medical problems but everything is now kinda taking care of itself.  I received my fat boy bandit pump a few day ago and it waiting for me in the garage now.  I am taking this week to take care of other loose ends so that I can fully devote myself to this.  I am planning on doing a few practice runs this weekend on my own roof and other family roofs.  I do have a few questions for you that I will ask after this weekend.  But for now my silly question is am I just buying bleach from my local grocery in gallon jugs or is there a better way to purchase the bleach in volume?  I have found your posting on the New Apple Sauce and plan to try this out on my new pump this weekend.

As for purchasing SH in bulk..have you looked in to pool stores in your area? Considering that having a pool is a seasonal thing in the north I suppose it would be costly however, you may talk with someone and possibly work out a deal. One other possiblity is a chemical supplier near you. Good luck Chris, and welcome to the non-pressure roof cleaning industry!

Thank you so much for asking.  It has been a long month of family medical problems but everything is now kinda taking care of itself.  I received my fat boy bandit pump a few day ago and it waiting for me in the garage now.  I am taking this week to take care of other loose ends so that I can fully devote myself to this.  I am planning on doing a few practice runs this weekend on my own roof and other family roofs.  I do have a few questions for you that I will ask after this weekend.  But for now my silly question is am I just buying bleach from my local grocery in gallon jugs or is there a better way to purchase the bleach in volume?  I have found your posting on the New Apple Sauce and plan to try this out on my new pump this weekend.

Grocery Store Bleach will not work! You need to find 12.5% Liquid Sodium Hypochlorite. Do not waste your money on Store Bought Bleach!