So I've been thinking of joining Home advisor. After reading their comments on how a roof should be cleaned and the results obtained from said cleaning, I am having 2nd thoughts. Same with Angie's list. I provided a link to their comments below. What are people's views on this service?

http://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/cleaning-services/clean-a-roof/?zip=03603

Edited by ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

I bit the bullet and joined. Will see what happens. 

Pretty much everything they say about how a roof should be cleaned is wrong. Their attack on bleach and promoting using other products to clean roofs is particularly alarming. Their projected costs for a cleaning are low as well. It makes me wonder if anything they say is true. 

Pretty much everything they say about how a roof should be cleaned is wrong. Their attack on bleach and promoting using other products to clean roofs is particularly alarming. Their projected costs for a cleaning are low as well. It makes me wonder if anything they say is true. 

I agree, I don't agree with them either, but if you can get some leads and make some money off of them, why not ? 

I dont agree at all with what they say about roof cleaning. Im giving it a try. I know it takes time but week 1 no leads. All they want is to sell me services. Had a webinar on thier invoice services. Sell, sell, sell.

They have been calling me for3 years and as recent as last week asking if I can take on more roof cleaning work and now nothing. Not making sense to me.

I dont agree at all with what they say about roof cleaning. Im giving it a try. I know it takes time but week 1 no leads. All they want is to sell me services. Had a webinar on thier invoice services. Sell, sell, sell.

They have been calling me for3 years and as recent as last week asking if I can take on more roof cleaning work and now nothing. Not making sense to me.

I considered HA a few months ago until it hit me. When was the last time I ever went to a service like HA looking for a service company? When I realized the answer was "never have, never will" I figured I am not alone so I ditched the idea. Also, I figured if they were having to try so hard to sell me on it how great can it be?

What they do, IMO, is prey on small business owners who need more business and are willing to take a chance on the hope they sell. They tell you they have lots of people in your area looking for your services and make it sound too good to be true and we all know what that means. 

We did a roof clean and house wash the other day. Asked the HO if he could leave a review on H.A. He was happy to until HA Made him sign up for thier services. He hit the cancel button, no review. I will give them a month, then I will demand my $ back, ha ha ya we'll see how that goes.

I got a call from them yesterday and it's been months since I last talked to them. Of course they already had several people in my area looking for roof and siding cleaning. It's hard not to get drawn in by their lines and I am sure he would have said it would be more than enough business to pay for my whole year at HA if I had given him the chance which I didn't. 

If anyone is looking for my services they will find me but they make it sound like HA is the only place people check. 

Now that I think about it more I think he actually said "several people in your area are looking for roof and siding cleaning." That is undoubtedly true and he implied they inquired with HA but he never said it. More than likely no one actually has contacted HA so he didn't actually lie but he didn't tell the truth either.  

In my experience, if you have even a brief conversation with a Home Adviser rep, they will never never never never stop calling you.

Same with Angies List and Yelp salespeople.  Angies List is now free for membership. I think it is because of all the free Facebook Groups offering "reviews".