Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

6 minutes ago, ProWash.ie said:

Hi Chris,

You may remember me from a few years back. Michael Hickey is my name and I live Cork in Ireland. I haven't been on the forum for quite a while. We do soft washing of walls, roofs etc. We also do roof, repairs, roof painting, gutters, fascia, soffit and window cleaning as well as power washing. We have recently got into industrial gutter repair and will also be doing flat roof repairs.

Yes, I remember Michael ! If you remember, my ex girlfriend's name is Eileen O' Riordan. LOL, I called her Eileen O' Rear End. What a nice ass she has !  She is 100% Irish, and her family is from County Cork!  I hope you are doing well in the roof and exterior business ! 

Yes Chris, we are doing good except for the weather. It rains here too often. How are you doing?

You may remember me from a few years back. Michael Hickey is my name and I live Cork in Ireland. I haven't been on the forum for quite a while. We do soft washing of walls, roofs etc. We also do roof, repairs, roof painting, gutters, fascia, soffit and window cleaning as well as power washing. We have recently got into industrial gutter repair and will also be doing flat roof repairs.

Chris,

Have you any thoughts on using air to blow the moss off of tile roofs and out of the joints between the tiles. We currently scrape the moss off of roofs. It works fine but I would like to do it faster and easier hence why I would like to try an air compressor. I don't know how much psi or cfm I would need. If air would work it would be so much faster and also a lot cleaner than pressure washing without damaging the surface.

1 hour ago, ProWash.ie said:

Chris,

Have you any thoughts on using air to blow the moss off of tile roofs and out of the joints between the tiles. We currently scrape the moss off of roofs. It works fine but I would like to do it faster and easier hence why I would like to try an air compressor. I don't know how much psi or cfm I would need. If air would work it would be so much faster and also a lot cleaner than pressure washing without damaging the surface.

Honestly, we see very very little Moss here in Tampa, so I have never tried it. Now, back when I lived in Seattle, I remember that shit! Moss is a real bitch to remove, as you know. My opinion is air will blow some of the Moss off, the loose stuff, but when the Moss is still alive, I really have my doubts about air, unless you have a lot of it. Richie Frisson owns EDGE Roof Cleaning in BC Canada, he deals with Moss all the time. He is an RCIA Member, maybe he has some info to share on Moss.

1 hour ago, Ken Kelly said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to learn.  Great info on the site and happy to join. 

Ken

Welcome Ken, my advice is to read, and then read some more, and don't be afraid to post questions, on the forum. Because you are a Premium Member, you are able to call me for help, if you need it. 813-407-1097

I also fixed your forum signature, by activating your company website link

Hi Everyone,

Was recommended here by a friend of mine who recently sold his property maintenance business.

What thread should i look for cedar roof cleaning procedures/sealing?

19 minutes ago, Michael Kirby said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I am located in Charleston, Moncks Corner area of South Carolina. I have been cleaning shingle roofs for about ten years.

Hi Mike. Welcome to the best roof cleaning site on the internet! Is asphalt all you clean up there?

26 minutes ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Hi Mike. Welcome to the best roof cleaning site on the internet! Is asphalt all you clean up there?

No, I have been trying to clean steel roofs also. I have been having problems with steel and would love to find out what I am doing wrong. Is there a section that deals with metal roofs. I am trying to learn navigation of this site

1 hour ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Yes mostly asphalt roofs. 

I had a steel roof job this week. I found out that a steel roof is much harder to clean. I could see the black mildew on the roof. I used soap and water to test with then added a little SH. I found I had to use an extension pole brush on the entire roof. The mildew would not release without slight brush pressure. I had a JLG lift and also a 30 foot brush. The job worked me to death. I even sprayed a 20% mix of SH. The mildew turned a brown color like on a asphalt shingle roof but still would not release without a brush. What to do? How do you get the same result as on a shingle roof? We have a lot of dirty metal roofs which are also faded from sun exposure. Metal roofs do not impress me at all. I have done my last metal roof if I cannot find the secret recipe.

Edited by Michael Kirby

30 minutes ago, Michael Kirby said:

I had a steel roof job this week. I found out that a steel roof is much harder to clean. I could see the black mildew on the roof. I used soap and water to test with then added a little SH. I found I had to use an extension pole brush on the entire roof. The mildew would not release without slight brush pressure. I had a JLG lift and also a 30 foot brush. The job worked me to death. I even sprayed a 20% mix of SH. The mildew turned a brown color like on a asphalt shingle roof but still would not release without a brush. What to do? How do you get the same result as on a shingle roof? We have a lot of dirty metal roofs which are also faded from sun exposure. Metal roofs do not impress me at all. I have done my last metal roof if I cannot find the secret recipe.

This is the section on metal roof cleaning https://roofcleaninginstitute.org/forum/7-metal-roof-cleaning/

I think your mix just wasn't strong enough, and you didn't have a good enough surfactant to help it stick! There are more things to know about metal roofs, so read up and ask questions. I do a lot of metal roof cleaning here in Jacksonville, Florida, but we also do a ton  of tile roof cleaning here because they're very common. 

6 hours ago, Michael Kirby said:

Your Mix was not strong enough, and like Adam said, a surfactant added would have helped.