Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Hi everyone. I am seriously considering starting a exterior cleaning company, mainly roofs I hope, I'm still in my research stages but can't settle on a name.My name is Rob Robertson so I'm not sure if I should keep it simple and just do robertsonroofcleaning.com or try something catchier. I'm in ne ohio and would love some feedback. Thanks....great site..love it

Welcome home, Rob!

We always recommend the KISS method whenever and wherever possible!!

Check out my plumbing diagrams and contact me for help any time.  We offer all the components in the diagrams if you need them.  I can also help you find chems LOCALLY to save you money. 

Hi everyone. I am seriously considering starting a exterior cleaning company, mainly roofs I hope, I'm still in my research stages but can't settle on a name.My name is Rob Robertson so I'm not sure if I should keep it simple and just do robertsonroofcleaning.com or try something catchier. I'm in ne ohio and would love some feedback. Thanks....great site..love it

Your roof cleaning company name should say what you do, and where you do it at. Example, if you live near Cleveland, then call your company Cleveland Roof Cleaning :)

Hi all, new member here in Twin Ports area of Duluth/Superior in Northwest Wisconsin. New to all this but looking into getting a rig set-up to get started in the roof cleaning business. This is a great site and hopefully I'll become a premium member soon.

Tom Rumfelt

Twin Ports Roof Cleaning

612-203-5002

Hi all, new member here in Twin Ports area of Duluth/Superior in Northwest Wisconsin. New to all this but looking into getting a rig set-up to get started in the roof cleaning business. This is a great site and hopefully I'll become a premium member soon.

Tom Rumfelt

Twin Ports Roof Cleaning

612-203-5002

Welcome Tom! Duluth is truly an awesome place! 

Yes, pretty nice up here. Lots of dirty roofs and nobody really cleaning that I can see or find. Only thing is it will be a short season but not to bad probably at least 6 months out of the year. Before I get to carried away I'd like to find a local place to purchase SH in larger quantities than one gallon jugs at the hardware store. I'm sure there are some chemical companies but not sure how to approach them with wanting to purchase a 55 gal drum for roof cleaning. Lots of paper mills around and I know they use bleach not many pools though...One place called Hawkins listed for supplier of water treatment chemicals.   

I did call Hawkins today they have 15 and 55 gallon containers of SH and setting up an account with them so I have that taken care of.

Edited by Twin Ports Roof Cleaning
Added an update to previous posting.

Yes, pretty nice up here. Lots of dirty roofs and nobody really cleaning that I can see or find. Only thing is it will be a short season but not to bad probably at least 6 months out of the year. Before I get to carried away I'd like to find a local place to purchase SH in larger quantities than one gallon jugs at the hardware store. I'm sure there are some chemical companies but not sure how to approach them with wanting to purchase a 55 gal drum for roof cleaning. Lots of paper mills around and I know they use bleach not many pools though...One place called Hawkins listed for supplier of water treatment chemicals.   

I did call Hawkins today they have 15 and 55 gallon containers of SH and setting up an account with them so I have that taken care of.

You did good, because getting good fresh SH will make or break you in the roof cleaning business. 

Hi, 

Please tell me how can i add signature in this forum?

Go where it says edit profile, it is a little arrow in the top right of the screen you click on, and if you look, it will say profile

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Hi Everyone. New member here in Meridian, Idaho. We are getting trained as a Cedar Roof Cleaner from Bruce Sullivan. Very excited to become part of the roof cleaning network.

Just wanted to say hello. Steven Justice from clayton Ga. We are in the far northeast corner of the state. I have been in the maintenance business for a while as a side job and this being a tourist area it has tons of potential for people not afraid to work. I found this forum by accident and like so many others I am seeing a real need for roof cleaning. I want to join the premium side of the site and get a rig going. As far as I know I haven't seen anyone in the area doing roofs so the work is here. One thing I would like to know though. Do you have people on the premium side that can answer other pressure cleaning questions or is it strictly a roof cleaning forum? Thanks for the help and I am really looking forward to getting me feet wet.

Just wanted to say hello. Steven Justice from clayton Ga. We are in the far northeast corner of the state. I have been in the maintenance business for a while as a side job and this being a tourist area it has tons of potential for people not afraid to work. I found this forum by accident and like so many others I am seeing a real need for roof cleaning. I want to join the premium side of the site and get a rig going. As far as I know I haven't seen anyone in the area doing roofs so the work is here. One thing I would like to know though. Do you have people on the premium side that can answer other pressure cleaning questions or is it strictly a roof cleaning forum? Thanks for the help and I am really looking forward to getting me feet wet.

Welcome!  Many, of the guys here also pressure wash, but I do not.  There is a considerable amount of information we keep on the paid side of the forum, to keep it private.

Hi Everyone. New member here in Meridian, Idaho. We are getting trained as a Cedar Roof Cleaner from Bruce Sullivan. Very excited to become part of the roof cleaning network.

Welcome Darrin, Bruce Sullivan and I are good friends, as you can see by my Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/AppleRoofCleaningTampaFlorida

Hello All! My name is Jim and we are a small pressure washing company that is just now getting into the roof cleaning side of things. Still tinkering and getting everything going but wanted to drop a line and get the ball rolling. Looks like a really good forum to be apart of.

I've researched different outdoor cleaning techniques and business models off and on for a couple years, and am really leaning toward a non-pressure system. I currently own a small sign shop, but am thinking very seriously about shifting priorities to an outdoor cleaning service during the peak seasons and reserving signmaking for the colder months.

I went ahead and signed up as a Premium Member as I believe in paying for knowledge. I'm hopeful that I will get my money's worth. 

I'm trying to keep my initial costs low, and would like to get going with a $3500-$4000 startup budget. Part of this budget is of course going toward licensing, bonding, legal fees, insurance, and equipment. Am I out of my mind to think I can get off the ground legitimately with this budget?

I currently have a work vehicle, but may try to find a decent used trailer on the cheap.

As I said above, I went ahead and paid for premium membership under this account on this forum and as patriotservices on the other forum. I didn't know if the two were linked, or if they required separate usernames. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Yes, the 2 forums are linked, so premium membership here gets you premium membership there. You may be just a regular member on our other forum, and if so, you are missing out on quite a bit. Call Gary at 502 773 1730 and have him make you a premium member there as well. 

Yes, the 2 forums are linked, so premium membership here gets you premium membership there. You may be just a regular member on our other forum, and if so, you are missing out on quite a bit. Call Gary at 502 773 1730 and have him make you a premium member there as well. 

Will do. Thanks!