Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Thanks guys, Yeah id like to go through with the air setup...I actually ordered the Versa-Matic 3/8" Pump but its not gonna ship for like 2 weeks so im gonna cancel that. I need some faster shipment...

I got a quote for my insurance today from joe walters...I have to pay in full up front for the year. :startle:   but IMHO it was a nice price. 

This is the way I see it (and I hope im right) No one in my county or surrounding counties offer this service, ive looked and looked! If im the only one that does it...and can provide the home owner benefits from having there roof cleaned...Provide proof of license and insurance. AND do a good job...I don't see WHY I cant make it happen. I know 4-5 middle class neighborhoods that EVERY roof is stained and majority has leaves caked up in the valleys!  churches, real estate agencies that has dirty roofs?! Im  positive that if I can get 1 of every 10 rooftops that's I drive by that I can get 2-3 more of those 10..Im being realistic and positive! I live in a rather small town...I honestly don't think most people know that u can clean a roof!  anyway, I m at work right now but when I get off this tugboat so I can hear, I do got a few questions I need answered via phone. It would be a lot easier lol I get off in 8 days!! :thumbsu:

P.s. This 200$ pump, from kevin? Is it as "Good" as the Versa-Matic  pump? atleast to start, and how do I get in touch with him? Thanks

His $200 pump will destroy all other pumps, depending on the air compressor you get.  the versamatic pumps are great little pumps that will last you and be very reliable.  Kevins pumps are just capable of soo much more lol 

Thanks guys, Yeah id like to go through with the air setup...I actually ordered the Versa-Matic 3/8" Pump but its not gonna ship for like 2 weeks so im gonna cancel that. I need some faster shipment...

I got a quote for my insurance today from joe walters...I have to pay in full up front for the year. :startle:   but IMHO it was a nice price. 

This is the way I see it (and I hope im right) No one in my county or surrounding counties offer this service, ive looked and looked! If im the only one that does it...and can provide the home owner benefits from having there roof cleaned...Provide proof of license and insurance. AND do a good job...I don't see WHY I cant make it happen. I know 4-5 middle class neighborhoods that EVERY roof is stained and majority has leaves caked up in the valleys!  churches, real estate agencies that has dirty roofs?! Im  positive that if I can get 1 of every 10 rooftops that's I drive by that I can get 2-3 more of those 10..Im being realistic and positive! I live in a rather small town...I honestly don't think most people know that u can clean a roof!  anyway, I m at work right now but when I get off this tugboat so I can hear, I do got a few questions I need answered via phone. It would be a lot easier lol I get off in 8 days!! :thumbsu:

P.s. This 200$ pump, from kevin? Is it as "Good" as the Versa-Matic  pump? atleast to start, and how do I get in touch with him? Thanks

Don't just clean roofs. Go after everything! House, concrete, exterior windows, clean it all outside.

I have a pressure washer, can u soft wash concrete?? And I'd like to see some mixes for the house/exterior! Like brick, vinyl siding, aluminum siding and painted wood. I'd def like to be broad to make the most money, and I'm still wondering about my prices to charge...there's really no competition but for roofs I was thinking 20 cent per sq ft?

Justin, my expertise is mainly cleaning roofs, but I have cleaned many a driveway by making my leftover roof cleaning stronger. The addition of some TSP to the mix will whiten up concrete quite well. When I clean exteriors, sometimes I will use my shingle roof cleaning, and instead of watering it down, I will pre wet the siding with water, get it good and wet, and THEN spray my mix.  

I carry 2 - 300 gallon tanks that have pre mixed tile and shingle roof strength chemicals in them. If I am asked to do a house wash, I might have 2 other shingle roofs to do that day. I can not afford to risk diluting an entire tank of chemicals! 

As far as prices go, it is like playing Football. If the defense has 11 Men on the line, you pass the ball. But, if they have their safeties playing deep, then you run the ball. You take what the defense allows. Soon, you will settle on a price that is just right, for the economy and level of competition in your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the great advice! I think after time I will be a little more educated for sure, I watched those 4 videos of you and your son I believe, those helped a lot! Im developing my site as we speak, its going to be public soon. Nothing spectacular but I think its going to do, I don't(yet) have any photos...but I will be making a post to let u guys check it out!! thanks again! I got another 6 days and im heading home to start my build!! Tugboat Boat Life is NO fun. :thumbsd:

Thanks for the great advice! I think after time I will be a little more educated for sure, I watched those 4 videos of you and your son I believe, those helped a lot! Im developing my site as we speak, its going to be public soon. Nothing spectacular but I think its going to do, I don't(yet) have any photos...but I will be making a post to let u guys check it out!! thanks again! I got another 6 days and im heading home to start my build!! Tugboat Boat Life is NO fun. :thumbsd:

Tugboat Life ? Is that what you do ?

Yes sir, im a coast gaurd endorsed tankerman...I transfer thousands of barrels of crude oil and we take them to different facilities such as shell oil refineries. You should see our pump! ;) lol Good pay but I work 14 days and off 7. Which is about 8months a year I'm away. So I'm really trying to start my own business and make it work...actually thinking about jumping in head first and not coming back out here. Depends on my money I guess. I have 2 kids and soon to be wife that need me home. Btw I'm sure I'll be calling you when I set my rig up!

Just be careful. Get things in place, make sure you can generate the work, then ditch your primary money maker. You will go nowhere and find out that even large sums burn up quick starting a business. Take what you think you need, and triple it. Minimum. 

The better you set yourself up now, the better you'll do later. 

I agree, I just figure with no one offering the services that I should be able to get work if my price is set right...if I had more time home it would be nice to try it first, but there's really no way...If I offset all my buisness to 1week out of the month it seems unprofessional. I have the money to get everything basicly, license insurance and all but I'd like atleast 2 months of bill money. Right now it's cutting it close...it is spring and I'm sure people would love to have there homes looking great! My endorsement is also good for 5 years before it expires, I can get another job without a problem if I needed.

That's a tough call to make right there. Just do what you think is best, life sorts out what's right for us anyway. Good luck on the endeavor. I hope you succeed. People here will bend over backwards to help you, so you have a lot going for you in that regard. 

Thanks! Really does mean a lot guys...there's to much greed in the oil industry for me to stick around much longer...I believe I'm heading in the right direction, all good things come to those who wait...and besides I also do tree climbing here and there, I have everything to cut trees as another means for income! Did that for a few years before offshore, thanks for the positive feed back!

Yes sir, im a coast gaurd endorsed tankerman...I transfer thousands of barrels of crude oil and we take them to different facilities such as shell oil refineries. You should see our pump! ;) lol Good pay but I work 14 days and off 7. Which is about 8months a year I'm away. So I'm really trying to start my own business and make it work...actually thinking about jumping in head first and not coming back out here. Depends on my money I guess. I have 2 kids and soon to be wife that need me home. Btw I'm sure I'll be calling you when I set my rig up!

Yes, be SURE and call me, or Kevin, BEFORE you go buying anything expensive, to be sure you don't make any of the many, all too common roof cleaning equipment mistakes!  Do not drag your feet too long on a website. Be aware it takes TIME to get any roof cleaning website into your local search results. 

Will do, probly expect a call Wednesday! I KNOW I am going with the 500$ harbor freight air compressor and the 3/8 all flo pump...and the website is up it just needs more modification and content. Some things like pricing is kinda hard to put on there since I don't know that part yet. Also I have no pictures, but as a base line you can check what I have so far here. www.divineexteriorcleaning.com :) It's automatically mobile friendly. any thing u see wrong or need to add..just let me know! Thanks

Will do, probly expect a call Wednesday! I KNOW I am going with the 500$ harbor freight air compressor and the 3/8 all flo pump...and the website is up it just needs more modification and content. Some things like pricing is kinda hard to put on there since I don't know that part yet. Also I have no pictures, but as a base line you can check what I have so far here. www.divineexteriorcleaning.com :) It's automatically mobile friendly. any thing u see wrong or need to add..just let me know! Thanks

I added your website to both your signature area, and to your profile info. It is very important to have your website URL in your signature, so Google can give you credit for a backlink from this forum. 

As soon as you get the company name address and phone number you intend to use, post it so I can add it to your signature.

I added your website to both your signature area, and to your profile info. It is very important to have your website URL in your signature, so Google can give you credit for a backlink from this forum. 

As soon as you get the company name address and phone number you intend to use, post it so I can add it to your signature.

Justin,, you have a lot of work to do on your site, as you know. The goal of any roof cleaning website is to get potential customers to call you. Thus, your phone number should be very visible.

Any website for business must say WHAT you do, HOW you do it, and WHERE you do it at. 

Here is an example - I clean roofs,using a safe non pressure process, in the Tampa Florida area.

Got it ?

Yup, my problem is I NEED pictures...Like I said im at work doing what I can when I have time. I just wanted it up asap. Over time I will add and change to a more professional feel. Hoping to land something for pictures atleast when I get back home. thanks for the advice

Yup, my problem is I NEED pictures...Like I said im at work doing what I can when I have time. I just wanted it up asap. Over time I will add and change to a more professional feel. Hoping to land something for pictures atleast when I get back home. thanks for the advice

Ok Justin, WHERE do you live, or want to work at ? The reason I ask is this, Most tropical looking pictures of  florida homes will do you no good, if you are way up in Minnesota. 

I am sure that some of the RCIA Members will help you with pictures, I know I would, all you need to do is ask, and please tell us WHERE you plan to clean roofs AT.

About your website, you need to know about Wordpress. It is free, and will outperform any other website platform, by far. 

I would abandon that website you now have, get you a free Wordpress site, and simply cut and past what you now have over into Wordpress.

Go to http://www.wordpress.comJustin

I live an hour north of pensacola fl and an hour east of mobile al..I'd like to clean houses my first year or two and go from there near escambia county.I got 80 bucks into my site paid up a full year, I'm okay with the site I can fully customize basicly over 300 templates with ease..or just start from scratch and with wordpress I think I'd have to carry the .wordpress.com? Just wondering is Something wrong with my design? I mean I've only worked on it about 2 or 3 hours here and there while workin...I can do better but not without before and afters ect. I designed the logo I have but if I need to I probly have some designers that can do better.

I live an hour north of pensacola fl and an hour east of mobile al..I'd like to clean houses my first year or two and go from there near escambia county.I got 80 bucks into my site paid up a full year, I'm okay with the site I can fully customize basicly over 300 templates with ease..or just start from scratch and with wordpress I think I'd have to carry the .wordpress.com? Just wondering is Something wrong with my design? I mean I've only worked on it about 2 or 3 hours here and there while workin...I can do better but not without before and afters ect. I designed the logo I have but if I need to I probly have some designers that can do better.

Justin, NOTHING will SEO like Wordpress, and the SEO ability of your website will determine your future success or failure, the your cleaning business.

A Wordpress site will always outperform most any other site, as far as showing up in a local search goes.

Seriously, see if you can get a refund, and start over right this time.

There are a ZILLION easy to follow video tutotrals for Wordpress, it is the future.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this is what you pay me for. 

I will not be "mad" at you if you don't take my advice, and I will always help you, no matter what.

Not sure if this is the right spot for this my name Is Doug Riemer I own Doug's Pressure Washing in Villa Rica Ga I signed up fri night not sure if i have done it right it wont let me look at certian topics says im not a member

Not sure if this is the right spot for this my name Is Doug Riemer I own Doug's Pressure Washing in Villa Rica Ga I signed up fri night not sure if i have done it right it wont let me look at certian topics says im not a member

You're accountarrow-10x10.png is fixed now. Enjoy and learn.   Call me 502 773 1730