Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Pennsylvania. They specialize in our business. They were 20% of the price bid I got from American Family and you get care, custody and control insurance as part of the premium. The other 3 insurance agents I talked to didn't even know what that was and assured me I would be covered under general liability which is almost certainly wrong. Gen lib protects you if you screw up something else while working on their roof such as you somehow spill full strength SH all over their car and it melts into the driveway and then explodes. :) What it does not cover you from is if you somehow manage to screw up the exact item you are working on. So the car you damage would be covered but the roof probably isn't because you are not insured against your own incompetence. I would make sure that you find out if you have cc and c insurance regardless of what your agent tells you. 

Thank you so much, i havent talked to them yet only browsed their website. Once i get a little closer to starting the business i will definitely be giving them a call.

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Hodge

Thank you so much, i havent talked to them yet only browsed their website. Once i get a little closer to starting the business i will definitely be giving them a call.

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Hodge

Hi Jeffrey,

I am the representative here from Joseph D. Walters Insurance.   First and foremost WELCOME!

Whenever you are ready give our office a call.  1-800-878-3808.   I have attached our Power Washer Insurance Guide and a general highlights sheet for your review.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and recommended us.  We enjoy working for all of you!

Amy

Power Washer Insurance Guide.pdf

Why Mobile Cleaning Contractors Choose Us.pdf

Pennsylvania. They specialize in our business. They were 20% of the price bid I got from American Family and you get care, custody and control insurance as part of the premium. The other 3 insurance agents I talked to didn't even know what that was and assured me I would be covered under general liability which is almost certainly wrong. Gen lib protects you if you screw up something else while working on their roof such as you somehow spill full strength SH all over their car and it melts into the driveway and then explodes. :) What it does not cover you from is if you somehow manage to screw up the exact item you are working on. So the car you damage would be covered but the roof probably isn't because you are not insured against your own incompetence. I would make sure that you find out if you have cc and c insurance regardless of what your agent tells you. 

Great advice to give from someone new in the industry!   It's great that you shopped around and saw first hand that many agents out there really don't understand what you need and often can't provide the coverage we include in our exclusive program.

Feel free to review us on Facebook or post a general comment!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joseph-D-Walters-Insurance/427840823970237

Hi Jeffrey,

I am the representative here from Joseph D. Walters Insurance.   First and foremost WELCOME!

Whenever you are ready give our office a call.  1-800-878-3808.   I have attached our Power Washer Insurance Guide and a general highlights sheet for your review.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and recommended us.  We enjoy working for all of you!

Amy

Thank Amy I really appreciate it. I will surely be giving you a call once i get the ball rolling some more.

I was out today cleaning the sides of my house and got little pink dots all over my black sweater. No biggie, but i was wondering if there is a certain material that i should wear to prevent this or is this something that is unpreventable? 

Thanks,

Jeffrey Hodge

Hey guys I'm new to roof & exterior cleaning and had some questions on which cleaning agent/disinfectant is best to use. Generally I use sodium hypochlorite but have heard that calcium hypochlorite is a bit better and safer for plants but can still cause damage if untreated/rinsed!

Hello folks,

Thanks for Chris showing me th forums and helping me out.

I'm from Johnson City, TN, I own Green Galyen Pressure Washing. Currently I do house washing, concrete, wood restoration, for both residental and commercial. I have been in business a little under 2 years. I would like to add roof washing to my business this year and I need all the help I can get! I look forward to learning. thanks

Hello folks,

Thanks for Chris showing me th forums and helping me out.

I'm from Johnson City, TN, I own Green Galyen Pressure Washing. Currently I do house washing, concrete, wood restoration, for both residental and commercial. I have been in business a little under 2 years. I would like to add roof washing to my business this year and I need all the help I can get! I look forward to learning. thanks

Welcome to the RCIA my friend :) 

There is more roof cleaning information here, and at our old forum www.roofcleaninginstitute.com then anywhere else on the Planet.

I suggest you start reading, and post any roof cleaning questions you might have.

If you want to become a Premium Member, it will allow you access to our hidden areas of the forums, as well as allow you to call me for one on one question and answer sessions, as many as it takes.

Whatever you decide is up to you, just don't go off half cocked. USE the forum, and post any and all roof cleaning questions you may have,, so we can help you. Do not buy ANY roof cleaning equipment, until the guys here on the forum have a chance to assess your needs, so we can guide you, and keep you from making the all too common newcomer mistakes.

Hey guys I'm new to roof & exterior cleaning and had some questions on which cleaning agent/disinfectant is best to use. Generally I use sodium hypochlorite but have heard that calcium hypochlorite is a bit better and safer for plants but can still cause damage if untreated/rinsed!

Forget all about Calcium Hypochlorite Edwin, it has been tried, with terrible consequences :( 

Stick with Sodium Hypochlorite

Hi guys, Im Justin! been browsing the forum for a few months now and I have to say there is TONs of info available here...Ive been slowly gathering the info for starting a roof cleaning based business! I have been interested for about 5 months since I found it on youtube! good news is, I live in southern Alabama and the surrounding counties don't offer roof cleaning "that I have found"!  I don't live very far away from Pensacola and I believe there is a few around there. But in my opinion no one here wants to hire outside contractors, local is usually the preference! and believe me there are whole streets lined with BLACK algae stained roof tops! Anyway, I wanna take advantage of the lucrative opportunity in establishing an A+ business! I currently work in the maritime industry as a tankerman, pushing crude oil out of Louisiana...Its good money but I spend 8 months away from my beautiful family. So being persistent I thought I learned enough off of youtube and went out and bought an "eco friendly" powder based chemical and used a pump sprayer to apply it to a relatives roof...Hooked up a pressure washer(Iknow I know lol) turned the pressure down and went to work. I wont lie roof looks great! but I did see a few granules around the house and not to mention 1. it took over 6 hours and 2.the chemical leaked from my backpack sprayer down my back and I got a nasty chemical burn! I do have quite a few questions! some have def been answered by reading around here,(Like absolutely no pressure washer on a roof) but im trying to start up for under about 1-2 grand but no more than 3..I have a single axle 8 or 10ft open trailer(And/or) a 95 ford f150 single cab, long wheel base with the 300 strait 6 engine that's in great shape..Havent decided which to use for the tank setup yet. and of course I also have the 3500 psi pressure washer(not for the roof) So basicly, my first question would be this..financially, which is better gas powered pump or something electric like the devlan series of pumps? I shouldn't have to much question about the setup, more or less im really wondering how the customer will not feel ripped off if I just show up, spray the roof rinse the perimeter ect...and ensure them that the rain will do all the work...ect. I also would need that confidence in knowing my work is worth every penny. :] Im not going to bombard you guys with all my questions in one post, im actually going to browse around some more...also im def thinking about the premium membership! Just idk if its worth it to wait or join PRIOR to actually starting the business.

Id like to be up and running in 30-60 days. Thanks for any and all advice!!

Hi guys, Im Justin! been browsing the forum for a few months now and I have to say there is TONs of info available here...Ive been slowly gathering the info for starting a roof cleaning based business! I have been interested for about 5 months since I found it on youtube! good news is, I live in southern Alabama and the surrounding counties don't offer roof cleaning "that I have found"!  I don't live very far away from Pensacola and I believe there is a few around there. But in my opinion no one here wants to hire outside contractors, local is usually the preference! and believe me there are whole streets lined with BLACK algae stained roof tops! Anyway, I wanna take advantage of the lucrative opportunity in establishing an A+ business! I currently work in the maritime industry as a tankerman, pushing crude oil out of Louisiana...Its good money but I spend 8 months away from my beautiful family. So being persistent I thought I learned enough off of youtube and went out and bought an "eco friendly" powder based chemical and used a pump sprayer to apply it to a relatives roof...Hooked up a pressure washer(Iknow I know lol) turned the pressure down and went to work. I wont lie roof looks great! but I did see a few granules around the house and not to mention 1. it took over 6 hours and 2.the chemical leaked from my backpack sprayer down my back and I got a nasty chemical burn! I do have quite a few questions! some have def been answered by reading around here,(Like absolutely no pressure washer on a roof) but im trying to start up for under about 1-2 grand but no more than 3..I have a single axle 8 or 10ft open trailer(And/or) a 95 ford f150 single cab, long wheel base with the 300 strait 6 engine that's in great shape..Havent decided which to use for the tank setup yet. and of course I also have the 3500 psi pressure washer(not for the roof) So basicly, my first question would be this..financially, which is better gas powered pump or something electric like the devlan series of pumps? I shouldn't have to much question about the setup, more or less im really wondering how the customer will not feel ripped off if I just show up, spray the roof rinse the perimeter ect...and ensure them that the rain will do all the work...ect. I also would need that confidence in knowing my work is worth every penny. :] Im not going to bombard you guys with all my questions in one post, im actually going to browse around some more...also im def thinking about the premium membership! Just idk if its worth it to wait or join PRIOR to actually starting the business.

Id like to be up and running in 30-60 days. Thanks for any and all advice!!

Hey Justin. You don't need to spend the $3000 for a skid unit when you could build your own. Check out this video by Bruce Sullivan 

Hey thanks Don, I actually just seen that video last night! He really was very educational in an easy to understand way! the only thing is I noticed he seems to do cedar roofs more than shingles, I may be wrong but is it the same process?  my real question is about the secondary part of the process.. meaning the rinse method? idk if the customer would like the idea of me spraying and leaving type of thing. As I understand it, that's how the soft wash process works? im kinda in the dark about things like...Will it still work if I coat the roof really well but it doesn't rain for a week, 2 weeks ect. I want to make the customer feel that "wow" factor! and be able to provide accurate statements. Thanks for the help though, im definatley using his setup as a baseline! Is it a bad idea to start with a gas pump like this? https://www.wash-safe.com/wash_safe_en/1-4gpm-powerease-water-pump Im open for suggestions, I def wanna build my own rig :)

Hey thanks Don, I actually just seen that video last night! He really was very educational in an easy to understand way! the only thing is I noticed he seems to do cedar roofs more than shingles, I may be wrong but is it the same process?  my real question is about the secondary part of the process.. meaning the rinse method? idk if the customer would like the idea of me spraying and leaving type of thing. As I understand it, that's how the soft wash process works? im kinda in the dark about things like...Will it still work if I coat the roof really well but it doesn't rain for a week, 2 weeks ect. I want to make the customer feel that "wow" factor! and be able to provide accurate statements. Thanks for the help though, im definatley using his setup as a baseline! Is it a bad idea to start with a gas pump like this? https://www.wash-safe.com/wash_safe_en/1-4gpm-powerease-water-pump Im open for suggestions, I def wanna build my own rig :)

The process varies on who you talk to. And rinsing, in my opinion varies on multiple factors, some people dont rinse at all, some rinse the bottom 1/3rd some rinse everything. That pump you posted I dont think will work. I dont think you can get your mix strong enough for roofs but Chris would know better than me. 

Ahh, seems you learned about backpack sprayers the hard way! Ouch.  

If you want to build something cheap on your own, might as well go air operated right from the get go. By the time you buy all the parts for something else, or buy a prebuilt machine, you could have a nice air setup. Chris is the man, so listen to what he says and recommends.

Btw, welcome aboard.

Awesome guys thanks, Yeah I had the back pack laying around so I used it lol not a great idea! If I could get the air setup for the right price id go for the longevity and reliability..after all, if I wanna make the most money for the least money!.And im thinking even more so, that premium membership will be well worth it?? Wisdom is everything and I don't mind investing in something to better myself...this is a BASIC lis of what i think I need.   business license, insurance, A ladder(with the standoff), a good Chem pump, 2 mix tanks(not sure what size yet),Chem hose maybe 100-200ft?? cheapest route to a hose reel and a few water hoses for rinsing.

Another note is id like to keep anyone from checking my setup so I may build some walls around my trailer, Idk if that should be an issue or if I should just mount it all to my truck. still debating lol I just don't want any competition until im off the ground in my area!

That pump will NOT work Justin. Kevin from Peak Of Perfection has a gently used 3/8 All Flo Air pump all tested and rebuilt, for under 200.00 !!!!!!!

Pair that with a new harbor freight gas powered  air compressor for 499.00 and you will be entering the roof cleaning business first class.

Cedar roof cleaning is not so much known to me, but I have done plenty of Cedar Roofs, and used the standard roof cleaning mix.

There are much better ways out now to clean them, but I have always done them the exact same way we clean any roof.

Hoiwever, on Cedar, the standard roof cleaning mix will strip the color, so we always do a test spot first, to see if the customer is OK with that, or not.

I very much suggest an air pump, but if you just can't afford one, you can go to a 12 volt roof cleaning pump.

Actually I think i can swing it, it's only a few extra hundred and if it can make me more money faster, I'm all for it! I do plan on calling you for any questions in the near future, I'm at work for another 10 days but I may get those ordered and on the way, maybe Monday. For now I'm gonna be reading the premium parts of the forum :) I got the roof fever! Lol

The cheapest way to start is a 12 volt kit from pressuretek.com. If you go air its $200 for kevin's pump, 500 for the compressor, 200 for the hose, and another 100 for the odds and end stuff to make it all work. That's 1000. And you don't even know if the people with the dirty roofs want or are willing to pay for their roofs to be clean. They may say it looks just fine to them. So you could spend this money and have nobody willing to pay you to use it. Never know.

Actually I think i can swing it, it's only a few extra hundred and if it can make me more money faster, I'm all for it! I do plan on calling you for any questions in the near future, I'm at work for another 10 days but I may get those ordered and on the way, maybe Monday. For now I'm gonna be reading the premium parts of the forum :) I got the roof fever! Lol

Well Justin, we are all here to help you be a successful roof cleaner. There is literally a fortune to be made cleaning roofs, for those able to hustle, and go out and get work.

Thanks guys, Yeah id like to go through with the air setup...I actually ordered the Versa-Matic 3/8" Pump but its not gonna ship for like 2 weeks so im gonna cancel that. I need some faster shipment...

I got a quote for my insurance today from joe walters...I have to pay in full up front for the year. :startle:   but IMHO it was a nice price. 

This is the way I see it (and I hope im right) No one in my county or surrounding counties offer this service, ive looked and looked! If im the only one that does it...and can provide the home owner benefits from having there roof cleaned...Provide proof of license and insurance. AND do a good job...I don't see WHY I cant make it happen. I know 4-5 middle class neighborhoods that EVERY roof is stained and majority has leaves caked up in the valleys!  churches, real estate agencies that has dirty roofs?! Im  positive that if I can get 1 of every 10 rooftops that's I drive by that I can get 2-3 more of those 10..Im being realistic and positive! I live in a rather small town...I honestly don't think most people know that u can clean a roof!  anyway, I m at work right now but when I get off this tugboat so I can hear, I do got a few questions I need answered via phone. It would be a lot easier lol I get off in 8 days!! :thumbsu:

P.s. This 200$ pump, from kevin? Is it as "Good" as the Versa-Matic  pump? atleast to start, and how do I get in touch with him? Thanks