Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

26 minutes ago, All Seasons Roofing Inc said:

Hi I'm Thomas,
I have been in the roofing business most of my adult life, & I'm a 3rd generation roofer.
I look forward to getting to know everyone here, if I can help answer any questions please feel free to ask. I am sure I will have a few of my own for you guys.

All Seasons Roofing Wilmington NC

Welcome Thomas! 

6 hours ago, All Seasons Roofing Inc said:

Hi I'm Thomas,
I have been in the roofing business most of my adult life, & I'm a 3rd generation roofer.
I look forward to getting to know everyone here, if I can help answer any questions please feel free to ask. I am sure I will have a few of my own for you guys.

All Seasons Roofing Wilmington NC

Welcome Thomas. Funny, you have the same name of a roofing company we handle roof cleaning referrals for here in Jacksonville, Florida. We have a few roofers that we do work with or handle their roof cleaning referrals for. 

Greetings and Salutations fellow non-pressure roof cleaners. I'm Jeremy Vining (pronounced Viking)and I'm trying to break into the Softwash and Exterior cleaning field. I've been inspecting roofs for storm damage and replacing them thru homeowners insurance for the past three and a half years. To keep this brief and to the point, I'll skip anymore background other than I'm a service connected disabled combat veteran, I was an Infantryman Paratrooper for 6 years in the 82nd Airborne Division. I just recently bought a brand new KingSprayer Softwash 50 gallon rig, 10 GPM, 150' of 3/8 hose. I'll post a pic. My question is as follows: 

What is the best way to utilize this skid rig to build up enough capital to buy the rest of the goods? (300 g tank, 100 g tank, more hose, proportioned, air compressor, heater, etc...)

I'll be treating this as a side business for now but eventually go full time roof and exterior washing. I'm sick of selling roofs for someone else and I want my own baby to build, operate, grow, and be proud of.

I know it can be done, but what's the best way to clean a roof with what I have available? Imagine you're me and you have my rig. You just arrived to a 35 square, medium pitch roof(not steeper than a average staircase), new flowerbeds on the left side where there are no gutters, HVAC on the right side with no gutters, flowerbed in front with gutters and downspouts on each left and right corner, an outdoor kitchen patio in the back with a pool and a stained wooden pergola in the backyard, gutters on the back with downspouts left and right corners. Gleocapsa Magma is the growth you're tackling all over the roof. Outdoor Water connection/spigots on the left and right sides. Anyone care to do a step by step?? Also, how do I bid the job? $0.25 a square foot? Thank you for your help and support! Happy to be starting a new adventure!

20191114_140743.jpg

20191114_140713.jpg

9 hours ago, Jeremy Viking said:

Greetings and Salutations fellow non-pressure roof cleaners. I'm Jeremy Vining (pronounced Viking)and I'm trying to break into the Softwash and Exterior cleaning field. I've been inspecting roofs for storm damage and replacing them thru homeowners insurance for the past three and a half years. To keep this brief and to the point, I'll skip anymore background other than I'm a service connected disabled combat veteran, I was an Infantryman Paratrooper for 6 years in the 82nd Airborne Division. I just recently bought a brand new KingSprayer Softwash 50 gallon rig, 10 GPM, 150' of 3/8 hose. I'll post a pic. My question is as follows: 

What is the best way to utilize this skid rig to build up enough capital to buy the rest of the goods? (300 g tank, 100 g tank, more hose, proportioned, air compressor, heater, etc...)

I'll be treating this as a side business for now but eventually go full time roof and exterior washing. I'm sick of selling roofs for someone else and I want my own baby to build, operate, grow, and be proud of.

I know it can be done, but what's the best way to clean a roof with what I have available? Imagine you're me and you have my rig. You just arrived to a 35 square, medium pitch roof(not steeper than a average staircase), new flowerbeds on the left side where there are no gutters, HVAC on the right side with no gutters, flowerbed in front with gutters and downspouts on each left and right corner, an outdoor kitchen patio in the back with a pool and a stained wooden pergola in the backyard, gutters on the back with downspouts left and right corners. Gleocapsa Magma is the growth you're tackling all over the roof. Outdoor Water connection/spigots on the left and right sides. Anyone care to do a step by step?? Also, how do I bid the job? $0.25 a square foot? Thank you for your help and support! Happy to be starting a new adventure!

20191114_140743.jpg

20191114_140713.jpg

The pump on your Skid will flat go away, unless you rinse it out as soon as you are done cleaning the roof, and even if you do, that pump is not one of the most reliable roof cleaning pumps! Welcome to the roof cleaning institute! Many of our members are over here, on the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/174087666708523/

Please post this over there, for better response. 

I sent a request for the FB page you sent me and I'm awaiting approval.  Here is more info on the pump. I just got off the phone with the company and they said I can absolutely clean roofs with my system as long as I regularly clean and maintain the equipment. I spoke with one business owner that has used the same system for a couple years with no issues. He changes his diaphragms every 3 months but the manufacturer recommend every 6-9 months. I just need approval on the FB page so I can repost my original post. Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20191125-125333_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-125546_Dropbox.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-125555_Dropbox.jpg

14 hours ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

The pump on your Skid will flat go away, unless you rinse it out as soon as you are done cleaning the roof, and even if you do, that pump is not one of the most reliable roof cleaning pumps! Welcome to the roof cleaning institute! Many of our members are over here, on the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/174087666708523/

Please post this over there, for better response. 

Crazy how slow forums have become after flakebook came along. I still prefer the forums to that medium. 

12 hours ago, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Crazy how slow forums have become after flakebook came along. I still prefer the forums to that medium. 

Me 2

I left the FB group. Everyone just kept bashing my friggin pump. I didn't get anything answered that I actually went there for. My Zeta pump is absolutely made for roof cleaning, specifically designed and comprised of materials that withstand abrasive, caustics, and any other harsh or acidic fluids. Of course it has to be flushed and cleaned after every use, I'm ok with that. I also know that I will have to replace diaphragms quite often, I'm ok with that. I know that all my plumbing needs to be replaced with polyethylene components, I'm cool with that too. There's better ways to go about giving advice on inadequate equipment(some of those guys wrote books on inadequate equipment, their girlfriends told me) ohhhh zinger! Lol But seriously, I'll be just fine without FB and anything else. Adios, Buenos noches.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Jeremy Viking said:

I left the FB group. Everyone just kept bashing my friggin pump. I didn't get anything answered that I actually went there for. My Zeta pump is absolutely made for roof cleaning, specifically designed and comprised of materials that withstand abrasive, caustics, and any other harsh or acidic fluids. Of course it has to be flushed and cleaned after every use, I'm ok with that. I also know that I will have to replace diaphragms quite often, I'm ok with that. I know that all my plumbing needs to be replaced with polyethylene components, I'm cool with that too. There's better ways to go about giving advice on inadequate equipment(some of those guys wrote books on inadequate equipment, their girlfriends told me) ohhhh zinger! Lol But seriously, I'll be just fine without FB and anything else. Adios, Buenos noches.

Your UDOR Pump is NOT "specially designed" for roof cleaning, I am sorry to say. I have one in my shed that quit on me, years ago. You are welcome to drive here to see it.  The UDOR is a pump for pest control, tree and agricultural spraying, etc. The crooks at UDOR, who refused to honor my warranty on their UDOR Zeta Pump when it broke, got the bright idea to market the pump to our roof cleaning industry. 

All you have to do is look at what materials are used in it, to know there are much better materials to make a pump from.

Nevertheless, it will last awhile, as long as you rinse it out RIGHT AWAY. The Diaphragms last awhile, Doubt you will need to worry about them. 

Glad you got new fittings made out of Polyproplyne ! 

Your old ones were NYLON, a big No NO for roof cleaning chemical use. 

Next, you either need a new tank, or move the bypass hose to the TOP of the tank. 

That Skid you bought looks like it was aimed at the Pest Control People. They seldom if ever fill their tanks all the way up, so a pump bypass on the side of the tank is no big deal.

Chris will never steer you wrong when it comes to roof cleaning. He had these pumps, and they dumped on him when he needed warranty help. A lot of people in the industry are aware of the problems with these roof cleaning pumps, mostly because of his advocacy for something better and the other people who have had issues with them. I'm sorry people were bashing you on facebook. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry has access to the internet now, and that is the result. Before smart phones, not everyone could get online, so things were much better then. Although you also had the results of many people being anonymous online. 

Anyway, back to the pumps. It's unfortunate they still tell people it's made for roof cleaning. Just take Chris's advice and keep it clean. At the same time, prepare for some upgrades/changes in your equipment to make life easier. 

Hello, I'm Chuck.

I'm just starting and been doing research for the last couple of months.  I'm looking to do soft washing roofs and pressure washing for stone restoration.  I see a market on Roof Restoration/Cleaning in my area. Black streaked roof's everywhere, including my own. 

My strong points are dedication, drive, the drive to succeed.  Weak point, marketing, sales. Those are the most important parts of a business. You can have all of the best equipment but, If you can't sell or get the word out, you're not working. 

I am interested in the paid part if it's active and not just another "talking" forum.  Like a on-line-class with a Q&A section. Maybe live Q&A's?   I HATE trying to type what I'd like to say, It always sounds like I'm being a "dick".  Thanks to Public Schooling in the '70s Lol     Merry Christmas, Guys!!

Edit:  Did I do this right? Lol, I'm not sure if I posted a reply or my comment?  Lol

Im Shaun and I own an exterior cleaning company in the Toledo Ohio area. My company cleans about 150 roofs per year and I would like to become a premium member as I feel being able to display the RCIA logo would be a valuable asset. Can anybody advise me on how to proceed with this? 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:02 AM, Jeremy Viking said:

I sent a request for the FB page you sent me and I'm awaiting approval.  Here is more info on the pump. I just got off the phone with the company and they said I can absolutely clean roofs with my system as long as I regularly clean and maintain the equipment. I spoke with one business owner that has used the same system for a couple years with no issues. He changes his diaphragms every 3 months but the manufacturer recommend every 6-9 months. I just need approval on the FB page so I can repost my original post. Thanks for the help.

Screenshot_20191125-125333_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-125546_Dropbox.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-125555_Dropbox.jpg

They look great. 

Have been looking at comet although these pumps look better. If you get time send more to me at peter.h@cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au Thank you in advance.

https://cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au

6 hours ago, Pete Heath said:

They look great. 

Have been looking at comet although these pumps look better. If you get time send more to me at peter.h@cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au Thank you in advance.

https://cleanupcrewcleaners.com.au

None of these gas powered pumps are as reliable as an AODD Pump

Hello everyone! My name is Joe Thomas, Owner of Central Power Washing here in Des Moines, Iowa. I joined the RCIA to expand my knowledge and understand all aspects of roof cleaning before I begin pushing more marketing in the direction of roof cleaning. I am excited to learn from everyone who is a part of the institute!

2 hours ago, Central Power Washing said:

Hello everyone! My name is Joe Thomas, Owner of Central Power Washing here in Des Moines, Iowa. I joined the RCIA to expand my knowledge and understand all aspects of roof cleaning before I begin pushing more marketing in the direction of roof cleaning. I am excited to learn from everyone who is a part of the institute!

Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum! 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL 904-304-0810 said:

Welcome Thomas. Funny, you have the same name of a roofing company we handle roof cleaning referrals for here in Jacksonville, Florida. We have a few roofers that we do work with or handle their roof cleaning referrals for. 

Hope you are busy up there in Jacksonville ? We are very very busy cleaning roofs here in Tampa.  https://roofcleaningtampa.wordpress.com

On 4/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Hope you are busy up there in Jacksonville ? We are very very busy cleaning roofs here in Tampa.  https://roofcleaningtampa.wordpress.com

We are slammed up here in Jacksonville with our roof cleaning and house washing for spring. It just gets busier every year! 

Good Afternoon,

My name is Jason Heiner, and I am looking forward to working with everyone. A brand new startup in The Lone Star State. I am new to the industry and look forward to learning something from everyone within the RCIA. 

1 hour ago, Texas Star Softwash said:

Good Afternoon,

My name is Jason Heiner, and I am looking forward to working with everyone. A brand new startup in The Lone Star State. I am new to the industry and look forward to learning something from everyone within the RCIA. 

Welcome Jason! If you ever need one on one help, call me at 813 816 8856

26 minutes ago, Roofwalk said:

Hello everyone! I am in this industry for more than 5 years. I'm not expecting to drum up business here but happy to join an industry forum with other business owners.

Welcome to the roof cleaning institute! There is a lot of good info on this forum, and you can get any and all roof cleaning questions answered here.