Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

10 hours ago, Brightside said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Kavon im a virgo and i like long walks on the beach... Oh wrong forum jk lol. I am the grandson of the owner of Brightside window cleaning in Fl. My grandfather has been in the window cleaning and pressure washing business for over 30 years and i have been working with him for the past 10 years. Although i am young (just turned 31) 10 years of experience in our field is like 10 years of school as most of my fellow professionals know. I have been following this forum for the past 6 months and have finally worked up the courage to join. Plan on going premium tomorrow. Over the years we have turned down thousands upon thousands of dollars of roof cleaning jobs just because "its not what we do". Well with my little family ive started i decided it was time to start expanding in the services we offer so i could better support my family. Im Very excited to learn all the secrets to soft washing and start cleaning roofs :)

Thank you sooo much for creating this forum!

Welcome Kavon, and good luck with your Family !  My Son has given me 3 beautiful Grandkids!  The good people here, and myself, will help you with any roof cleaning questions you might have. 

I'm Mark Abelson owner of Sure Shot Stain and Seal. I'm a retired Marine and started Sure Shot several years ago as a fence staining business in the DFW area. Fence, pergola, garage door etc. restoration led to Pressure Washing and some roof cleaning. There is a need but not a big demand for it my area however, I have done several using my 12v system. I need to continue to learn so I can market the service more aggressively. In return I might be able to help out any members here that are interested in adding outdoor wood restoration to their bag of tools.

4 hours ago, MDA1775 said:

I'm Mark Abelson owner of Sure Shot Stain and Seal. I'm a retired Marine and started Sure Shot several years ago as a fence staining business in the DFW area. Fence, pergola, garage door etc. restoration led to Pressure Washing and some roof cleaning. There is a need but not a big demand for it my area however, I have done several using my 12v system. I need to continue to learn so I can market the service more aggressively. In return I might be able to help out any members here that are interested in adding outdoor wood restoration to their bag of tools.

Welcome Mark !

My personal business is 90% roof cleaning, but maybe some here will want to restore wood ?

Hello! My name is Merrill. I've started a company - Veteran's Property Services in Massachusetts this year. I quickly realized that I should start washing roofs if I am going to be soft washing house. I'm here to learn as much as I can from the pros here. Thank you for all the information your sharing. Is there a particular page I can go to to start learning and become certified? Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Merrill said:

Hello! My name is Merrill. I've started a company - Veteran's Property Services in Massachusetts this year. I quickly realized that I should start washing roofs if I am going to be soft washing house. I'm here to learn as much as I can from the pros here. Thank you for all the information your sharing. Is there a particular page I can go to to start learning and become certified? Thanks again!

Just start reading, and posting any questions you have. That, and experience, are the road to certification. And welcome to the RCIA !

1 hour ago, Kirk Koskiniemi said:

Hey All- I just joined as a premium member in WA state serving the Portland and Olympia markets. We are a roofing company that is looking to continue our customer relationships and take care of our roofs as they age. 

Welcome Kirk!  Your Premium Membership gives you direct access to me at 813-407-1097 if you have any roof cleaning related questions you can't find the answers to here. I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and there is plenty of work there, and all over the Pacific Northwest. LOL, I used to date this fine ass girl I met in Vancouver, Wa. Only problem was, she lived way down in Beaverton, Oregon :( 

Is Koskiniemi a Finnish last name ? 

Hello Everyone 

I'm new to this forum, my name is David i'm the owner of Transition Roofing https://transitionroofing.com/ were a busy residential and commercial roofing contractor in Austin Tx.  I have been thinking about adding roof cleaning services for quite a while as repairs always have had great margins for us and there are a lot of grungy roofs around here. The good news is I was on repair estimate  early and mentioned to the customer that along with the repairs, we did roof cleaning, I just wanted to see how it sounded coming out of my mouth. To my surprise the customer jumped at it and asked me how much, I played it cool, and made up a price $3700 for 48 sq 2 story as I really have no idea, how much to charge, I sold my first roof cleaning yay. The bad news I don't have any cleaning equipment or experience for that matter, and she is expecting us to do this next Thursday. 

I have a company truck and trailer that we can convert into a cleaning rig, Im thinking of purchasing Delux Maverick Soft Wash System — 7.0 GPM, 12 Volts‎ from northern tools as they say they can have it to me by next Tuesday, then following the 70/30 sh mixture and gain dish soap mix, and heading to the job with one of my guys, and trying to get this done. Any advise or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance 

David Bloomer 

president 

Transition Roofing

2 hours ago, Transition Roofing said:

Hello Everyone 

I'm new to this forum, my name is David i'm the owner of Transition Roofing https://transitionroofing.com/ were a busy residential and commercial roofing contractor in Austin Tx.  I have been thinking about adding roof cleaning services for quite a while as repairs always have had great margins for us and there are a lot of grungy roofs around here. The good news is I was on repair estimate  early and mentioned to the customer that along with the repairs, we did roof cleaning, I just wanted to see how it sounded coming out of my mouth. To my surprise the customer jumped at it and asked me how much, I played it cool, and made up a price $3700 for 48 sq 2 story as I really have no idea, how much to charge, I sold my first roof cleaning yay. The bad news I don't have any cleaning equipment or experience for that matter, and she is expecting us to do this next Thursday. 

I have a company truck and trailer that we can convert into a cleaning rig, Im thinking of purchasing Delux Maverick Soft Wash System — 7.0 GPM, 12 Volts‎ from northern tools as they say they can have it to me by next Tuesday, then following the 70/30 sh mixture and gain dish soap mix, and heading to the job with one of my guys, and trying to get this done. Any advise or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance 

David Bloomer 

president 

Transition Roofing

That's a phenomenal price for a roof cleaning. You better study up quick, and be super careful. Roof cleaning is tricky to get right, especially your first time. With that kind of profit, you should be able to join up and become a full member. Then you'll have access to all the information you need, and access to the best guru in the business. Good luck, you got a great price on that roof. 

Hello everyone,

My name is Don Moody. I have worked in SW Georgia in law enforcement for just shy of twenty years. Unfortunately, the pay and benefits are not the best. However, I have established myself within the community as a well respected and honest person that tries to help others anytime I can. So this brings me to my side business... Over the years I started out pressure washing and eventually changed over to a lawn service only. A couple years back I sold my lawn care business and I have refocused my full attention to pressure washing/ soft wash. In my years of cleaning I have always steered clear of roofs simply because of the lack of knowledge.  Another factor is the community was hit hard by Hurricane Michael and in the repairs many out of state contractors came into town and either got paid and skipped town or simply did a horrible job and left town. Many of the repairs included repainting the exterior of homes (which had to be pressure washed before hand) or roof repairs (which included a cleaning of the roof to help the old roof match the replaced shingles). The internet is full of conflicting information and I simply haven't felt comfortable adding this service until I saw several sites that said in bold letters to only use a RCIA certified business/contractor.  
This brought me to your website. I am very excited and feel confident that I can learn the material to become certified. I do have one reservation and that is the face to face test. Is this something that can be done through Skype, Facetime etc. Between the two jobs I highly doubt I would have time to travel for a test. I'm eager to get this certification and would appreciate any information that you can share. Thanks, Don S. Moody

37 minutes ago, Don Moody said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Don Moody. I have worked in SW Georgia in law enforcement for just shy of twenty years. Unfortunately, the pay and benefits are not the best. However, I have established myself within the community as a well respected and honest person that tries to help others anytime I can. So this brings me to my side business... Over the years I started out pressure washing and eventually changed over to a lawn service only. A couple years back I sold my lawn care business and I have refocused my full attention to pressure washing/ soft wash. In my years of cleaning I have always steered clear of roofs simply because of the lack of knowledge.  Another factor is the community was hit hard by Hurricane Michael and in the repairs many out of state contractors came into town and either got paid and skipped town or simply did a horrible job and left town. Many of the repairs included repainting the exterior of homes (which had to be pressure washed before hand) or roof repairs (which included a cleaning of the roof to help the old roof match the replaced shingles). The internet is full of conflicting information and I simply haven't felt comfortable adding this service until I saw several sites that said in bold letters to only use a RCIA certified business/contractor.  
This brought me to your website. I am very excited and feel confident that I can learn the material to become certified. I do have one reservation and that is the face to face test. Is this something that can be done through Skype, Facetime etc. Between the two jobs I highly doubt I would have time to travel for a test. I'm eager to get this certification and would appreciate any information that you can share. Thanks, Don S. Moody

Welcome Don ! 

Before you can take the certification test, you must first be a Premium RCIA Member, so click here http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/store/, read, read, then read some more, and when you feel you are ready to test, message me. 

22 hours ago, Don Moody said:

Hello everyone,

Hi Don. You just give Chris a call and he'll give you the test verbally. It's well worth the time to become certified here. The RCIA is a big help to your business, and having the backing of the people here is worth a fortune. Glad to see you joining.

Hello to Everyone,

I just joined as a premium member and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I are the owners of Epic View. We started in 2014 just doing window cleaning, which we still do. In 2015 I began learning all I could about roof cleaning and I went to a soft washing seminar in Bethlehem, PA. Since then we've been doing roof cleaning. I want to thank everyone in the industry that has so freely and kindly shared their experience and knowledge with me. Although I've learned so much, I know that there is even more I have yet to learn. You can never stop learning. That's why I joined here. Although there are other forums which discuss roof cleaning, there are few, if there are others, that focus on it. I look forward to now having access to the "good stuff."

Thanks again for your help.

New guy here! Storm Singer with Southern Solution, out of middle Tennessee. 2nd year in business after leaving the military. Love cleaning roofs and looking to learn lots more here and get certified...where can we download the rcia badge for our websites? Jumped right in as a premium member. I hold myself more accountable to learn when my money is invested.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Welcome Kirk!  Your Premium Membership gives you direct access to me at 813-407-1097 if you have any roof cleaning related questions you can't find the answers to here. I lived in Seattle for 20 years, and there is plenty of work there, and all over the Pacific Northwest. LOL, I used to date this fine ass girl I met in Vancouver, Wa. Only problem was, she lived way down in Beaverton, Oregon :( 

Is Koskiniemi a Finnish last name ? 

Yes, i'm told it is. Don't know much about Finland though.... :-)

3 hours ago, Kirk Koskiniemi said:

Yes, i'm told it is. Don't know much about Finland though.... :-)

Me either Kirk. Originally, I am from Detroit, but Northern Michigan is full of Finns :) Work is pretty non existent up there, so many moved down to Detroit. Wally Koski, and Gary Karvonen were Finnish, and 2 of my very best friends. Their parents emigrated from Finland to Michigan, to work in the Copper Mines. For some  unknown reason, people from Finland find me, and I find them :) Perhaps in a past life, I was a Viking ?  I used to date Wally Koski's sister, who had white  blonde hair, and big blue eyes. She was a true blonde, and blonde where it counts, if ya know what I mean. Don\t hesitate to call if you ever have any questions Kirk :) 

On 3/5/2019 at 9:46 AM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Me either Kirk. Originally, I am from Detroit, but Northern Michigan is full of Finns :) Work is pretty non existent up there, so many moved down to Detroit. Wally Koski, and Gary Karvonen were Finnish, and 2 of my very best friends. Their parents emigrated from Finland to Michigan, to work in the Copper Mines. For some  unknown reason, people from Finland find me, and I find them :) Perhaps in a past life, I was a Viking ?  I used to date Wally Koski's sister, who had white  blonde hair, and big blue eyes. She was a true blonde, and blonde where it counts, if ya know what I mean. Don\t hesitate to call if you ever have any questions Kirk :) 

That's funny! There are actually some Karvonen's here locally in Vancouver. I may reach out to you as we develop our methods.

Hi Chris,

You may remember me from a few years back. Michael Hickey is my name and I live Cork in Ireland. I haven't been on the forum for quite a while. We do soft washing of walls, roofs etc. We also do roof, repairs, roof painting, gutters, fascia, soffit and window cleaning as well as power washing. We have recently got into industrial gutter repair and will also be doing flat roof repairs.

6 minutes ago, ProWash.ie said:

Hi Chris,

You may remember me from a few years back. Michael Hickey is my name and I live Cork in Ireland. I haven't been on the forum for quite a while. We do soft washing of walls, roofs etc. We also do roof, repairs, roof painting, gutters, fascia, soffit and window cleaning as well as power washing. We have recently got into industrial gutter repair and will also be doing flat roof repairs.

Yes, I remember Michael ! If you remember, my ex girlfriend's name is Eileen O' Riordan. LOL, I called her Eileen O' Rear End. What a nice ass she has !  She is 100% Irish, and her family is from County Cork!  I hope you are doing well in the roof and exterior business !