Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

12 hours ago, JJS1379 said:

Hello all. My name is Jesse, I am from Northern Indiana, and an aspiring soft wash/pressure washing  entrepreneur. I have done a lot of reading/research over the past year, as I have saved towards purchasing my first set up. I started by buying a 6x12 single axle trailer, 225 gal buffer tank, two reels/hose. I am now ready for the last phase which is to buy the actual 8gpm pressure washer, and a soft wash unit. Admittedly I am completely green to this industry,  but I  gotta start somewhere. This forum has been a godsend to me to help fill in the blanks in my continued research. I intend on becoming a member soon so that I can access the premium content to help me get started in my journey. PS-I tried to complete the "about me" as best I could, but my logo, and number still need updated/tweeked a bit. I have reserved my url but still need to build the actual site. Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know and learn from all of you.

Welcome, and if you need any help just ask

On 1/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, Jim Prom said:

My name is Jim Prom, I own Spray Away SoftWash in Good Thunder MN. We specialize in the safe cleaning of all types roofs, siding, decks, patios and concrete. We also can provide window cleaning and solar panel cleaning with our water fed pole and H2Pro RO/DI system. We do also offer a limited amount of hot and cold water pressure washing.

I am also a licensed general contractor in the state of Minnesota. I love helping people with their estimating questions.

I hope to add value to your forum.

Hi Jim,

We are in MN also. I have to admit, I had to look up Good Thunder on the map.  On the Iowa border, looks like.

We arent too far away in the Mpls metro, so let me know if anything I can do to help you.

Welcome to the forums!

10 hours ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Welcome, and if you need any help just ask

Jesse, Welcome home!! You can’t find a better place to find unbiased help than right here in this forum.  Everyone is here to help!

29 minutes ago, PressureWasherProducts said:

Jesse, Welcome home!! You can’t find a better place to find unbiased help than right here in this forum.  Everyone is here to help!

Thank you! I will be buying a soft wash system, one of your 8gpm machines, and few other odds n ends sometime in February. Look forward to speaking with you soon. Your reputation is golden everywhere I have seen online.

You are very kind!! I’m happy to help you anytime.  Make sure you mention the RCIA.....I’m loyal to my peeps over here as they’ve ALWAYS been great to us!!  We are more concerned with providing a lot of education, allowing you to make an informed decision on your equipment no matter where you choose to purchase! 

7 hours ago, JJS1379 said:

Thank you! I will be buying a soft wash system, one of your 8gpm machines, and few other odds n ends sometime in February. Look forward to speaking with you soon. Your reputation is golden everywhere I have seen online.

Jeremy, every time your post and I see Indiana, I get hungry for a pork tenderloin sandwich !

Plus, Skyline Chili !

3 hours ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Jeremy, every time your post and I see Indiana, I get hungry for a pork tenderloin sandwich !

Plus, Skyline Chili !

I used to think gigantic tenderloin sandwiches were a normal thing everywhere lol. If it isn't 10x the size of the bun it's not a tenderloin sammich! 

On 1/6/2018 at 1:13 AM, JJS1379 said:

Hello all. My name is Jesse, I am from Northern Indiana, and an aspiring soft wash/pressure washing  entrepreneur. I have done a lot of reading/research over the past year, as I have saved towards purchasing my first set up. I started by buying a 6x12 single axle trailer, 225 gal buffer tank, two reels/hose. I am now ready for the last phase which is to buy the actual 8gpm pressure washer, and a soft wash unit. Admittedly I am completely green to this industry,  but I  gotta start somewhere. This forum has been a godsend to me to help fill in the blanks in my continued research. I intend on becoming a member soon so that I can access the premium content to help me get started in my journey. PS-I tried to complete the "about me" as best I could, but my logo, and number still need updated/tweeked a bit. I have reserved my url but still need to build the actual site. Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know and learn from all of you.

Welcome Jesse. You've come to literally one the best organizations in this industry, hands down. If you want to grow a successful business, this is the place for the help. 

1 hour ago, PressureWasherProducts said:

Welcome home, Jesse!  Should you need any help with equipment, I’m happy to help you figure things out.

Thank you! I will contact you soon. 

Hello, my name is Dan and I have been working in the pressure washing, surface cleaning and window cleaning business for 2 1/2 years for a friends company .  I am now working on building my own system And looking for help building a roof cleaning system that's affordable . Money is tight so any help would be appreciated and paid forward in the future . I am an U.S Army veteran

1 hour ago, AVPSNC said:

Hello, my name is Dan and I have been working in the pressure washing, surface cleaning and window cleaning business for 2 1/2 years for a friends company .  I am now working on building my own system And looking for help building a roof cleaning system that's affordable . Money is tight so any help would be appreciated and paid forward in the future . I am an U.S Army veteran

I've put a number of beginners into our Outlaw-Mini or Outlaw-Jr. Air Diaphragm pump systems starting at $399. Just add a hose, tank and a little air compressor and you are cleaning. Expandable for more output in the future just by putting on a bigger compressor and more pumps. 

38 minutes ago, PeakOfPerfection said:

I've put a number of beginners into our Outlaw-Mini or Outlaw-Jr. Air Diaphragm pump systems starting at $399. Just add a hose, tank and a little air compressor and you are cleaning. Expandable for more output in the future just by putting on a bigger compressor and more pumps. 

Thank you! Do you have a link I can check out the outlaw systems at ?

First let me say Thank You in advance to everyone that posts on this form I really appreciate all the knowledge everyone shares it is truly a blessing!

I purchased a Frito-Lay, potato chip truck with a diesel V8 automatic transmission , runs like a top all aluminum 25 feet bumper-to-bumper with a usable cargo space of 18 1/2 feet long by 7 1/2 feet wide interior space. My intentions are to turn the vehicle into a Residential/ Commercial Roof Cleaning, Hot/Cold pressure washing , surface cleaning , soft washing and window cleaning vehicleI. I am adding a bathroom with a sink for when nature calls . 

I'd like some help with the equipment and layout for the Roof Cleaning,  I am on a tight budget so putting a system together on the cheep is fine by me. 

I am in the process of purchasing all the pressure washing equipment from a guy that has to get out of the business due to health. 

incidentally underneath the truck there's two spaces on each side that are approximately 38" x 10' long that I can mount water tanks generators or anything underneath the truck that will fit in that space.

I'd be interested in any anybody's feedback and if anybody else is done this ? 

I have been working in the PW, WW for 2-1/2 years and now going into business for my self. 

thank you so much. My email is avpsnc@gmail.com

On 3/26/2013 at 0:58 PM, CLRC said:

im sort of looking for a step by step introduction to the entire process in order to be as successful as i can be. What will the premium membership here help someone who hasnt even cleaned a roof before?

You will learn exactly what equipment to use, how to use, mixture ratios, how to advertise, you will get help with successful advertisement, you will get help from beginning to end, and once you're a member you get access to Chris Tucker. He will take his tone to personally guide you to success. I owe him more than anyone else in this industry because he had helped me make tens of thousands of dollars with hundreds more to come. 

Three membership is worth it just for access to the hidden boards to learn, but having Chris to help you is worth more than you can imagine right now. 

This is the only one I recommend spending money on a membership.  Chris is The Godfather of Softwashing and continues to self educate.  He is incredibly intelligent.  He will cut through the B.S. to save you tens of thousands of dollars on equipment and franchise promises of grandiose dreams.  

Chris Tucker educated me:  He continues to keep me in check.  He spent countless hours with me on the phone.  He was extremely patient.  Everyone on the RCIA has always been extremely helpful in providing feedback to allow us to provide the best possible products for you.

16 hours ago, AVPSNC said:

First let me say Thank You in advance to everyone that posts on this form I really appreciate all the knowledge everyone shares it is truly a blessing!

I purchased a Frito-Lay, potato chip truck with a diesel V8 automatic transmission , runs like a top all aluminum 25 feet bumper-to-bumper with a usable cargo space of 18 1/2 feet long by 7 1/2 feet wide interior space. My intentions are to turn the vehicle into a Residential/ Commercial Roof Cleaning, Hot/Cold pressure washing , surface cleaning , soft washing and window cleaning vehicleI. I am adding a bathroom with a sink for when nature calls . 

I'd like some help with the equipment and layout for the Roof Cleaning,  I am on a tight budget so putting a system together on the cheep is fine by me. 

I am in the process of purchasing all the pressure washing equipment from a guy that has to get out of the business due to health. 

incidentally underneath the truck there's two spaces on each side that are approximately 38" x 10' long that I can mount water tanks generators or anything underneath the truck that will fit in that space.

I'd be interested in any anybody's feedback and if anybody else is done this ? 

I have been working in the PW, WW for 2-1/2 years and now going into business for my self. 

thank you so much. My email is avpsnc@gmail.com

It would sure help to see some pics of that Truck !

I’m not a fan of these type of vehicles unless the passenger compartment is sealed off from the back. You need to make sure you and passsengers are protected in case of a wreck. Having unsecured equipment hitting you could be fatal. Having your bleach tank, gas tank, etc. leak on you obviously wouldn’t be good either. 

25 minutes ago, Shingle Brite said:

I’m not a fan of these type of vehicles unless the passenger compartment is sealed off from the back. You need to make sure you and passsengers are protected in case of a wreck. Having unsecured equipment hitting you could be fatal. Having your bleach tank, gas tank, etc. leak on you obviously wouldn’t be good either. 

The driver and passenger cab area is sealed off by a solid sliding door. 

3 hours ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

It would sure help to see some pics of that Truck !

This is the truck this is the step Van , as soon as the snow melts I'll post interior shots. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just now, AVPSNC said:

This is the truck this is the step Van , as soon as the snow melts I'll post interior shots. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WE used a Box Truck for years, it was a rolling billboard, averaged a few jobs a month from it!  Safety is a problem with these in an accident, so be aware of that

33 minutes ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

WE used a Box Truck for years, it was a rolling billboard, averaged a few jobs a month from it!  Safety is a problem with these in an accident, so be aware of that

Will do my friend! The truck drives great but  does not have a turbo on it so it's not very fast. However it gets 16 miles to the gallon with the top speed of about 60 miles an hour . I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he could put a turbo on it for about 600 bucks but I'm not sure that I really need to go much faster than that to get anywhere south it's got a lot of torque lotta power.

4 minutes ago, AVPSNC said:

Will do my friend! The truck drives great but  does not have a turbo on it so it's not very fast. However it gets 16 miles to the gallon with the top speed of about 60 miles an hour . I was talking to a guy the other day and he said he could put a turbo on it for about 600 bucks but I'm not sure that I really need to go much faster than that to get anywhere south it's got a lot of torque lotta power.

Pulling the weight we pull (2 - 300 gallon tanks) I have never got anywhere near 16 mpg, even with a diesel.

Top speed fully loaded will probably be less and mpg will probably be 10 or less. However, instead of worrying about mpg, spend that energy getting just 2-3 more jobs each year. This will more than offset the difference. Remember, it’s WAY more important to focus on how many than how.