Hello guys,

My name is Howie my wife and i are moving to florida within the next  month. I was interested in roof washing and house washing and some of you told me to become a member so i did for the next few weeks i will read the forums up and down inside and out. my first question is i Have about 2000 to spend on equipment should i go 12v or compressor 

Both will clean roofs. Air has a higher price but lower cost. 

I am obviously biased, but facts are facts. Air system is more reliable, more flexible and can still fit within your budget range.

1/2" poly pump, smaller HF Gas Comp (or used), 200' of 5/8 hose, water sep and a tank and you are off to make money. PM if you have any Q's on Air Systems and read all the sticky posts on building systems in the Members forum and the tank and system design sticky in the General forum. 

Don't forget the other gear in your calculation...ladder(s), standoff, safety gear, etc. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

thank you  i have ladders stand offs and safety gear, in new jersey i am certified in mold removal. i will read all the notes i was just down in florida signing the lease on my new home should be down there by july 1 and start setting up my trailer, until then I'm going to read read read 

thank you  i have ladders stand offs and safety gear, in new jersey i am certified in mold removal. i will read all the notes i was just down in florida signing the lease on my new home should be down there by july 1 and start setting up my trailer, until then I'm going to read read read 

What part of Florida ?

Both will clean roofs. Air has a higher price but lower cost. 

I am obviously biased, but facts are facts. Air system is more reliable, more flexible and can still fit within your budget range.

1/2" poly pump, smaller HF Gas Comp (or used), 200' of 5/8 hose, water sep and a tank and you are off to make money. PM if you have any Q's on Air Systems and read all the sticky posts on building systems in the Members forum and the tank and system design sticky in the General forum. 

Don't forget the other gear in your calculation...ladder(s), standoff, safety gear, etc. 

Ditto, I'd go air if you're looking to do a lot of roofs, but for me that is my preference

thank you guys for all your feed back  my website is being built this week by my brother whom is a vp for a telecommunication company so he is always busy.

another question if i have a generator can i run an electric air compressor off that or am i being silly. if not is the harbor freight wheel barrel compressor for 529 suitable

thank you guys for all your feed back  my website is being built this week by my brother whom is a vp for a telecommunication company so he is always busy.

another question if i have a generator can i run an electric air compressor off that or am i being silly. if not is the harbor freight wheel barrel compressor for 529 suitable

Yes, that air compressor is fine for a 3/8  air pump, and marginal for a 1/2 inch pump.