Triad Roof Cleaners LLC

Quick connects and nozzles

Guys I'm having a terrible time with quick connects and nozzles, seems like after a few houses the quick connects and nozzles just won't seat and connect. Anyone know a remedy for this? I've let them soak in W-D 40 and it doesn't seem to help. Any secrets.

I was having the same problem. Try Never Seize or Anti Seize.  Worked For me.  Use a Q tip and work it in around the collar.  Don't get carried away unless you want it all over your hands.  A little goes a long way.

You can also keep them in a tub of antifreeze when you not using and they will work fine. Just make sure you keep it sealed or inaccessible to pets. They love the taste but it kills them. 

Better yet, just buy a better Qd. I buy the stainless ones from Powerwash.com for about  $4 each and have ZERO sticking issues and I don't do anything to them. 

Yeah, recently replaced an old brass one with a general pump ss qc. Not worth the metal it's made of. Dang thing seized up on the second use. 

Another thing I'm having issue with is ball valves. I like having a simple pvc ball valve and wand, but they keep leaking all over me. Burned my wrist the other day because of it, not bad, but enough to make the skin feel raw. 

What ball valves is everyone using?

I tried ball valves but I didnt particularly care for them. I usually do all my spraying off a ladder and I for one do not think it is safe to have to turn on and or turn off a ball valve when 2 stories high on a ladder. After spraying, ladders are slick and would rather have at least one hand on the ladder, unless harnessed. I use the bandit gun from Pressure Tek and it works great for me.

Lot of guys have good luck with the Banjo valves but make sure you get the version with the Teflon ball and Viton seals. Always have a ball valve at your spray hose end...even with a gun. Guns break and when they do, you can find yourself with a non stop SH fountain on your hands until somebody turns off the pump. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Lot of guys have good luck with the Banjo valves but make sure you get the version with the Teflon ball and Viton seals. Always have a ball valve at your spray hose end...even with a gun. Guns break and when they do, you can find yourself with a non stop SH fountain on your hands until somebody turns off the pump. 

I have had it happen. Not much fun.