flipnSHdude

Im looking for protective gear

What kind of clothing and where can I order it?  is there a pvc suit?    and what about resperators and goggles? wheres best ordering place?

Thanks
Jason

I wear a thin chemical glove black and a harbor frieght respirator. I wear white shirt and jeans . I tried some tyvex coveralls but got way to hot in them. 

Harbor has cheap gloves and they are pretty good, the respiratory believe it or not is good, I can't smell a thing

I wear a thin chemical glove black and a harbor frieght respirator. I wear white shirt and jeans . I tried some tyvex coveralls but got way to hot in them. 

Harbor has cheap gloves and they are pretty good, the respiratory believe it or not is good, I can't smell a thing

Make sure the respirator is rated for chlorine. It might block the smell but still not be safe. 

The link below is for gloves. They are cheap, durable and protect your hands completely. They are out of stock currently, thanks to me :)

http://www.restockit.com/the-safety-zone-black-neoprene-chemical-resistant-gloves-num-grfblg.html?prd=1&refterm=GRFBLG

PVC suit...you will will die. Tyvek, you will wish you had died. 

65% Poly/35% cotton is the minimum. All Polyester is best for roof cleaning clothes. 

Goggles or sunglasses...SH in the eyes SUCKS. 

As mentioned, chlorine rated respirator only. 

Lots of drinking water. 2gal/man is my crew requirement during the hot months. 

We got PVC coated gloves off the shelf at Home Depot. Fairly cheap.

Chemical goggles- also found at Home Depot, keeps airbourne particles from sneaking in around the edges, and you can wear your sunglasses inside of them.

I have picked up the Tyvek coveralls from Grainer and Coverallsdirect.com, but you can also get them off the shelf at Home Depot.  Usually good for just one, maybe 2 jobs before they get too dirty or wet.

Grippy boots from Shoesforcrews.com

I personally cannot do respirator- way too claustrophobic.