ROOF REFRESH

newbie rig on a budget

Finally got everything together. It may not be the greatest set up in the world but it's going to work for us just fine right now.

9 horsepower air compressor that will always be offloaded from the trailer. Half inch pump  to 55 gallon drums, one with mix one with water. The five gallon bucket on top will be the way that we fill and regulate sh. I know that's  not the most effective way but I need to keep the weight on this trailer down to a minimum.

We will have 300 foot of poly hose half inch diameter. I already bought it before I realized I should have went bigger so we're going to get a few houses out of the way and then go larger.

Into my pump we're running three quarter inch line into a banjo valve . From the compressor to the regulator is all half inch air line. Our wind is 1/2" pvc reduced to 1/4" to use a quick disconnect 4 nozzle set up. 

We have no reels at this point and will hang hoses on side of trailer, sorry not best pictures. We also have @ 300 of gardenhose and a elec boost pump.

We got about 30' distance out of it on Sat and we are happy however I did just order a nozzle front master ind. 

20160319_174036.jpg

20160319_194320.jpg

Chris, i thought about that and have read guys saying they have 250 and wish they had more. i carry a knife, so i can cut it down. :lolu:

plan on parking trailer in the road on most jobs to eliminate backing up and making a mistake

Chris, i thought about that and have read guys saying they have 250 and wish they had more. i carry a knife, so i can cut it down. :lolu:

plan on parking trailer in the road on most jobs to eliminate backing up and making a mistake

I would re-think the master nozzle if your planning on using it on the spray line. I have the same pump and a way bigger compressor and the master nozzle wouldn't give me any descent altitude. I put the four banger on and wa la.

Here is a prime example of why you must try out your nozzles, every combination is different.

Remember, Gary of the Master Nozzle fame uses a 1" pump setup. With the flow he gets, the Master Nozzle works great. You are going to be a bit lower. 

That being said, if you rinse, that is a kick butt rinse nozzle for your water hose/booster pump. 

Nice rig by the way...love the creative use of the 55 gal drums...I wouldn't have thought of doing it that way. What are you doing for a water separator?

You may find yourself hating that muffler by the way. Those expanded foam mufflers have a tendency to ice up and deteriorate.

I am going to be offering an inexpensive AODD muffler that will work far better and be much quieter.  

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Haven't found a way to cool air. Still working on that. The regulator has a filter and the reason I mounted it so close to pump. Hope in that it would catch it prior to going into pump. Running 1/2" hose in hopes of reducing it also

I am interested in the muffler. It is on my list to buy one but will wait for your offering.

Thanks for the complement on rig, like I said it aint perty but she works ! I can jack up tongue and get 99% of barrels empty.  I can detach the valve and pump and pack it in truck to keep it safe. It's all temporary for now.