Bergman Roof Cleaning

Ammonyx Lo and now Gain, mixed together for me!

As most of you know, I have used Ammonyx Lo ever since it 1st came out. I tried the "M" but stuck with the "LO"

I tried some scents, but they cost too much. Then one day I ran into a post on RCIA from Chris T. about using Gain Ultra Dish Liquid Original. I tried it and have been using it for a couple of months. I tried straight Gain - 44 - 64 ounces to a 100 gal mix and tried 28 ounces Gain and about 40 ounces of Am Lo. So far, that seems to be the best [steeper roofs get more of both] Extremely blackened tile gets some TSP too. I run 40- 50% SH and the above mix.

Try it, you will like it! It alters the SH smell just enough to not be offensive!

post-201-0-69686100-1362622726_thumb.jpg

We never have thought about using a dishwasher, low sudzing..lol, liquid to help in the cleaning process. I watched the video on your website-nice website by the way-and it looks like it is working!  

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

I am on the gain bandwagon for sure. The price is right as well.

Was doing some research and stumbled upon this. 

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=chem&id=810

It lists a bunch of products that contain ammonyx lo.

Synonyms: Lauramine oxide; 1-Dodecanamine, N,N-dimethyl-, N-oxide; Dodecyldimethylamine oxide; Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide; N,N-Dimethyl-1-dodecanamine-N-oxide; N,N-Dimethyl-N-dodecylamine oxide; Dodecylamine, N,N-dimethyl-, N-oxide

I hope that's the right chemical.

Was doing some research and stumbled upon this. 

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=chem&id=810

It lists a bunch of products that contain ammonyx lo.

Synonyms: Lauramine oxide; 1-Dodecanamine, N,N-dimethyl-, N-oxide; Dodecyldimethylamine oxide; Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide; N,N-Dimethyl-1-dodecanamine-N-oxide; N,N-Dimethyl-N-dodecylamine oxide; Dodecylamine, N,N-dimethyl-, N-oxide

I hope that's the right chemical.

Good Work! But, just because it contains the surfactant Lauramine Oxide (Ammonyx) does not mean it is OK, for our use.

There can be other chit in there that will destroy the roof cleaning chemicals.

Good Work! But, just because it contains the surfactant Lauramine Oxide (Ammonyx) does not mean it is OK, for our use.

There can be other chit in there that will destroy the roof cleaning chemicals.

Yeah I did read in the literature  that ammonyx lo can be used with acid based cleaners too, but I figured the laundry detergent might work. I'm sure that has to be compatible with SH .

Yeah I did read in the literature  that ammonyx lo can be used with acid based cleaners too, but I figured the laundry detergent might work. I'm sure that has to be compatible with SH .

Not necessarily. Just because it has ammonyx in it, does not mean it is the ONLY surfactant in there. Be careful

As most of you know, I have used Ammonyx Lo ever since it 1st came out. I tried the "M" but stuck with the "LO"

I tried some scents, but they cost too much. Then one day I ran into a post on RCIA from Chris T. about using Gain Ultra Dish Liquid Original. I tried it and have been using it for a couple of months. I tried straight Gain - 44 - 64 ounces to a 100 gal mix and tried 28 ounces Gain and about 40 ounces of Am Lo. So far, that seems to be the best [steeper roofs get more of both] Extremely blackened tile gets some TSP too. I run 40- 50% SH and the above mix.

Try it, you will like it! It alters the SH smell just enough to not be offensive!

Chuck, We're new to Softwashing and we started off using Roof Snot, good stuff but did nothing to mask the SH. We saw the same post from Chris on the Gain and have been using it ever since, we also use it now in our Siding wash. PPG makes it, we're looking to buy it in larger quantities.

Chuck, We're new to Softwashing and we started off using Roof Snot, good stuff but did nothing to mask the SH. We saw the same post from Chris on the Gain and have been using it ever since, we also use it now in our Siding wash. PPG makes it, we're looking to buy it in larger quantities.

Richard, you may be new to softwashing, but you are not new to business! 

There is no "book on how to clean roofs", and everyone of us here are all pioneers in the roof cleaning industry!

It is only through bright new people like yourself and Richard Frisson for example, and others willing to push the envelope, that we all learn how to better ourselves.

Thank you for all your input so far to the RCIA Forum, and I very much look forward to Testing you for Certification soon!

Chris

Chuck, didn't this give you alot of suds? I only use 1 cup per 100 gal. of Am LO and I get plenty of suds.

Does the Grain NOT give you suds?

Suds are good. Customers love them when it rains and their drive is covered in suds. :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

Suds are good. Customers love them when it rains and their drive is covered in suds. :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:

We have gutters on EVERY single house out here.  Suds make it so annoying to clean the gutters out after the roof wash!  But at the bottom of there downspouts... Haha, it's like a mushroom cloud of suds it's awesome

We have gutters on EVERY single house out here.  Suds make it so annoying to clean the gutters out after the roof wash!  But at the bottom of there downspouts... Haha, it's like a mushroom cloud of suds it's awesome

It is true, Customers want to feel they got their moneys worth, and when they see all those Suds, most like it! 

It shows them us professional roof cleaners do not cut corners, and use cheap chemicals, or small rations of soaps either.

You can tell I'm still learning (that's a good thing) I don't have my Roofers Head yet. I never thought that leaving the suds

was a good thing so I've always been trying wash them away.(LOL) No wonder it takes me so long.

Thanks guys

Richard, you may be new to softwashing, but you are not new to business! 

There is no "book on how to clean roofs", and everyone of us here are all pioneers in the roof cleaning industry!

It is only through bright new people like yourself and Richard Frisson for example, and others willing to push the envelope, that we all learn how to better ourselves.

Thank you for all your input so far to the RCIA Forum, and I very much look forward to Testing you for Certification soon!

Chris

Chris, Top of the morning to you sir and thanks for the kind words!! I'm fresh off an all nighter, driving back from the PWNA convention in Orlando FL. Still too wired up on Red Bull and Monsters to go home and sleep so I stopped off at the office to catch up on paperwork missed last week.. I heavily endorsed the RCIA forum to everyone I came in contact with and was pleasantly surprised by many who have already been enlightened by it. It seems more than a few had spoken with you personally including newly appointed PWNA board member Nigel Griff. I'll add a few more posts about the PWNA roof certification tomorrow after a little much needed sleep.. Have a great Day!  

Chris, Top of the morning to you sir and thanks for the kind words!! I'm fresh off an all nighter, driving back from the PWNA convention in Orlando FL. Still too wired up on Red Bull and Monsters to go home and sleep so I stopped off at the office to catch up on paperwork missed last week.. I heavily endorsed the RCIA forum to everyone I came in contact with and was pleasantly surprised by many who have already been enlightened by it. It seems more than a few had spoken with you personally including newly appointed PWNA board member Nigel Griff. I'll add a few more posts about the PWNA roof certification tomorrow after a little much needed sleep.. Have a great Day!  

Cool! It is Sunday, I have a spot on the couch with my name on it, for some Football! 

Did you get some pics of the convention ?

Cool! It is Sunday, I have a spot on the couch with my name on it, for some Football! 

Did you get some pics of the convention ?

I got a few, we were really busy with classes, roundtable discussions and networking after hours, if you know what I mean.. Great experience though!

We had to come back a couple days early to get crews back down to DC after the Government decided to reopen at the eleventh hour. We do several HVAC cooling towers down there and they shut us down when they shut down, as soon as they reopened they wanted us back down ASAP, so typical.. will post the pics later this week after getting caught up! 

I got a few, we were really busy with classes, roundtable discussions and networking after hours, if you know what I mean.. Great experience though!

We had to come back a couple days early to get crews back down to DC after the Government decided to reopen at the eleventh hour. We do several HVAC cooling towers down there and they shut us down when they shut down, as soon as they reopened they wanted us back down ASAP, so typical.. will post the pics later this week after getting caught up! 

I hope you had a great time Richard, and if I can help you in any way, call me! 

Chris