SteadyStream

Roof cleaning business questions.

Hey guys i'm sorry I know i'm not a premium member but I really want to see if roof cleaning is for me first.    I currently own a pressure washing business,  i'm new so work is going slow.  I do have about 6-8k worth of pressure washing equipment and im just so hesitant to keep spending money without seeing more returns

I have had people ask me about roof spot cleaning but not entire roofs.  I see most of you only do roofs and dont mess with much  else.    I keep thinking maybe ill downgrade my current pressure washing setup (Now that I think about it I didn't HAVE to have a hot water pressure washer) and get into roof cleaning because the market for that here is MUCH smaller.... But maybe that means it doesn't get done here much for a reason?

did you guys start out just doing roofs or was it a branch off of power washing?

Thanks for answering any reply helps!

Hey guys i'm sorry I know i'm not a premium member but I really want to see if roof cleaning is for me first.    I currently own a pressure washing business,  i'm new so work is going slow.  I do have about 6-8k worth of pressure washing equipment and im just so hesitant to keep spending money without seeing more returns

I have had people ask me about roof spot cleaning but not entire roofs.  I see most of you only do roofs and dont mess with much  else.    I keep thinking maybe ill downgrade my current pressure washing setup (Now that I think about it I didn't HAVE to have a hot water pressure washer) and get into roof cleaning because the market for that here is MUCH smaller.... But maybe that means it doesn't get done here much for a reason?

did you guys start out just doing roofs or was it a branch off of power washing?

Where are you located?  (City)  That will have a huge effect on the direction you may consider.  I'll elaborate more once you've answered. 

Where are you located?  (City)  That will have a huge effect on the direction you may consider.  I'll elaborate more once you've answered. 

I'm located in Wilmington nc. 

Sorry for the duplicate reply above - not sure how I did that.

I know your market fairly well.  It's a tough market, hard to command a premium. (We did a market analysis just south of there two years ago with another company.  I also have a former buddy in your area that I helped out for a while with his business.)  Keep your pressure washing business going as you expand in to roof cleaning.

Given your tough market, personally I'd keep the hot water unit and go after commercial flat work too if you're not doing so already.  When you get to where you have more work than you can handle on a constant basis, maybe then consider picking and choosing to offer only the high margin services.  Better yet, put another truck on the road.

Having said that, I did the opposite, BUT, I live in a 'NFL city'.  The dynamics are different than in the likes of Wilmington.

Best of luck with your new offering!

Thanks,  I decided to invest in a fatboy pump in a box setup.  the air systems seemed very tempting but im running out of room on the trailer and cost played a roll also!     Wish me luck I have some advertising to do also... if I dont get some more steady work soon im not sure what to do!    

I know your market fairly well.  It's a tough market, hard to command a premium.
   im glad someone said it.....  other people keep saying they are making 400-500 for a basic house wash (no roof no concrete cleaning) on a 1500 -1800 square foot home....  Ive tried this and people pretty much slam the door in my face,  200-250 is more accurate IMO...  maybe im selling myself short and in the future can ask more but I do what pays right now!

Thanks for the info I hope to learn alot here.  My premium membership will be coming soon!

Thanks,  I decided to invest in a fatboy pump in a box setup.  the air systems seemed very tempting but im running out of room on the trailer and cost played a roll also!     Wish me luck I have some advertising to do also... if I dont get some more steady work soon im not sure what to do!    

im glad someone said it.....  other people keep saying they are making 400-500 for a basic house wash (no roof no concrete cleaning) on a 1500 -1800 square foot home....  Ive tried this and people pretty much slam the door in my face,  200-250 is more accurate IMO...  maybe im selling myself short and in the future can ask more but I do what pays right now!

Thanks for the info I hope to learn alot here.  My premium membership will be coming soon!

$500 to house wash an 1800 Sq Ft house is not realistic in my area. it would be more like $200 - $250.

I want to be in that market to where they are selling $500 house washes on a house that small! I would probably feel bad even trying to ask that much for a house wash though.

Our average, on about a 2500sq ft home, is about $225-$250. It takes an hour or so. We could potentially charge more, but not by too much. Especially $250 more! Lol.