ARMA has revised their guidelines lately. The original guidelines suggested  the use of some TSP, with Clorox Bleach diluted by up to 75 percent.  Now, ARMA has dropped the TSP suggestion, and advised to increase  the strength of the bleach solution to 50%.  Neither of the guidelines will clean a roof, unless you have the time to spray the roof over and over and over again :( 

LOL, 50% Clorox Bleach will not clean a roof, and neither will the original ARMA suggestions either. Actually, the original ARMA suggestions will work better, and here is why. In the SH, there are 2 components present, depending on the PH of the solution. One is the Hypochlorite Ion, and one is the Hyperclorus Acid. The Ion does the cleaning, and Acid does the killing (disinfecting). The Higher the PH is, the more Ion you have present. The lower the PH is, the more killing power you have. So, the more you dilute the bleach, the lower the PH is, and the more killing power you get. I noticed way back when, that when an ARMA solution was applied to a roof, it did not clean up right away, but over time it did clean. This was because the weak ARMA solution killed the algae, and the rain washed it off, over time.

In my opinion the only ones actually doing it by the ARMA guidlines would be homowners trying to save a dime.  The less patient ones will probably get frustrated and call a pro. So let them guide all they want. WE know what works.

In my opinion the only ones actually doing it by the ARMA guidlines would be homowners trying to save a dime.  The less patient ones will probably get frustrated and call a pro. So let them guide all they want. WE know what works.

You are correct, only homeowners will follow "ARMA Guidelines", and find out the hard way, that they do not work. Remember, ARMA is an outfit that represents  the roofing manufacturer's. So, if a homeowner thinks their roof can't be cleaned, they might just buy a new one, 

So this may affect roof manufacturers calling soft wash companies to clean dirty roofs under algae warranty?

I doubt it. I have cleaned so called algae resistant shingle roofs under warranty not to get dirty for several manufacturer's, and never once was I told to "follow ARMA Guidelines". I was told to clean them w/o using any pressure though,