I've started making pretty good connections with local realtors by emailing,Facebook , dropping off flyers to offices, etc... I received two jobs so far off one. I recently had 3 more call for quotes. Anybody else do this? What's your experiences and results? 

www.UltimateRoofCleaning.com

image.jpeg

Offer to buy the entire office of realtors lunch, and in return you get to stand in front of them, and make your sales pitch. You can go in with another vendor, to ease the cost on you. You and him split the time

We got on some preferred vendors list and they let us give our 5-10 min sales pitch every quarter at the big meetings. We knew someone but we meet a few and they helped us out.. Let them know how you can help them make more money by cleaning the roof and exterior of the homes they list so they can help get top dollar and avoid people passing up there listings on MLS. 

Realtors have been good business for my business.  They typically need everything done yesterday, so a fast turn around time is usually a huge plus.  The realtor and their client are usually HIGHLY motivated to get the work completed and sometimes the closing of sale is dependent on it, so are generally open to some pretty creative scheduling.  I have started cleaning windows at a home at 4:00 am and also have been wrapping up at a home around 11:00 pm, not generally desired time slots.  Not easy (or possibly recommended) to be on a roof outside of daylight hours, but flexibility and speedy turn around usually go a long way with in keeping Realtors calling.  I also offer quite a few services that help to boost curb appeal, not only roof cleaning, but gutter cleaning - window cleaning - house washing and pressure washing, that might help as well.  As with any customer, some are price sensitive and others not so much.

oh...and these types of customers can have some pretty wild expectations, so it is especially important to get them in line before working.  Some people love to defer maintenance and they are only having the work done because of extrinsic motivators which can really make for some whacky expectations.  For example, the roof is 8 years past needing to be cleaned and has an incredible moss load, tons of lichens, etc. - they are expecting the roof to look like it was just installed and are unhappy and unwilling to pay when there is fragments of moss left behind because the rhizoids did not release enough to be rinsed off.  Easier to handle them before than try to explain it after.  Some of the most difficult customers have been in the "need to sell home" category.

We get some repeat business from Realtors. If there is moss or lichen you do need to price accordingly to rinse it off. I like the idea of presenting at larger Realtor forums versus individual offices.

You won't find us rinsing it off, realty deal or not.  Instead, we educate and inform.  If they insist on having it physically removed, we tell them to call someone else.  Our reputation is far more important than any one deal.  Just a different approach.

You won't find us rinsing it off, realty deal or not.  Instead, we educate and inform.  If they insist on having it physically removed, we tell them to call someone else.  Our reputation is far more important than any one deal.  Just a different approach.

In my area, a bank or insurance company won't underwrite unless the moss is rinsed off. Charge accordingly. Also, the advantage to a real estate agent in our area also lies in the marketing. They'd rather not have to explain to every client why there is a ton of dead moss sloughing off the roof. They want a clean roof. YMMV. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

In my area, a bank or insurance company won't underwrite unless the moss is rinsed off. Charge accordingly. Also, the advantage to a real estate agent in our area also lies in the marketing. They'd rather not have to explain to every client why there is a ton of dead moss sloughing off the roof. They want a clean roof. YMMV. 

Sure they will.  You just need to know how to correctly, and properly overcome it.  :-)  We do it ALL the time.  As long as the desired result is achieved, I guess that's all that matters.

The pics below are from one of the quotes done today.  They'll be used to educate and inform.  And time is money  :-)  (Note moss on both.)

20160206_125905.jpg

20160206_125743.jpg

Edited by Roof Cleaning Virginia
To add pics from one of several quotes today

talked to a realtor yesterday at a Home and garden show. SHe said i see this black stuff all the time.

we talked about it and then she asked me the price.. i told he 1800sq is about 300 bucks.  She said " wow thats cheap".  I also explained we could do an escrow payment to assist in the sale.  Yes i have to wait for my payday, but it could offer large rewards in the end.

we haven't done it yet but plan on a lunch & learn in the near future.

Sure they will.  You just need to know how to correctly, and properly overcome it.  :-)  We do it ALL the time.  As long as the desired result is achieved, I guess that's all that matters.

The pics below are from one of the quotes done today.  They'll be used to educate and inform.  And time is money  :-)  (Note moss on both.)

20160206_125905.jpg

Moss? All I see are starter colonies. 
 :-P

And yes, the underwriters WILL write a policy without removing it ALL...but at least in my area, they want to see a lot of the dead stuff taken off. Keep in mind the levels of moss we deal with is on a whole different level than you encounter, so the underwriters are more sensitive to it. Again, we charge accordingly. Leftover roots are okay. We write them a document explaining the process after we do the rinse down and they never complain.  

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

I also explained we could do an escrow payment to assist in the sale.  Yes i have to wait for my payday, but it could offer large rewards in the end.

You should try to get some money upfront that way you can pay for your expenses.  I would try to get at least 1/2 down or at least $100, with the rest being due at close. This is something I have done in the past but I also add if the client takes the property off the market, the outstanding balance is due. 

Edited by ROOF CLEANING OF MID-MO