Allstar Exterior Cleaning

OPINIONS ON BANNERS PLEASE

The beginning of February I will be attending a Home and Garden Show and I am starting to get everything ready now. So I need all the help I can get from you guys on if I should add or take off anything from the banners. Also any tips would help. I would rather the criticism here then from a potential customer. thanks for any feedback in advance!   

HORIZ. BANNER (2).JPG

VERT BANNER.JPG

The (non pressure) on the first line looks out of place to me since it is in your tag line.

Not sure about your area but is Stucco a selling point? 

Shouldn't it be Wood Decks & Fences?

On your second banner stay away from the word mold unless you actually remove mold.

My 2 cents.

I think it looks good. I would suggest you consider only talking about the thing that sets you apart from almost all other exterior cleaners-roof cleaning. People have extremely short attention spans and no one wants to read more than a few words so you better grab their attention quickly. Get too wordy and they won't read any of it. 

Also, "specialingizing" is misspelled. 

The (non pressure) on the first line looks out of place to me since it is in your tag line.

Not sure about your area but is Stucco a selling point? 

Shouldn't it be Wood Decks & Fences?

On your second banner stay away from the word mold unless you actually remove mold.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for your input. And yes there are ALOT of homes with stucco in my area, from the older remodeled homes to the newest still being built.

I think it looks good. I would suggest you consider only talking about the thing that sets you apart from almost all other exterior cleaners-roof cleaning. People have extremely short attention spans and no one wants to read more than a few words so you better grab their attention quickly. Get too wordy and they won't read any of it. 

Also, "specialingizing" is misspelled. 

thanks, I'll try to shorten it up and still get my point across. Lol and fix that "word" that's suppose to be specializing!

Wow!  Good for you doing a Home and Garden show!  I think I'd be so nervous doing that.  Will you let us know how it goes? What reaction you get, and how many jobs you book directly related to the show?

What kind of "stuff" are you going to have with you? Brochures? Biz cards? Freebie promo items?

Best of Luck!

Wow!  Good for you doing a Home and Garden show!  I think I'd be so nervous doing that.  Will you let us know how it goes? What reaction you get, and how many jobs you book directly related to the show?

What kind of "stuff" are you going to have with you? Brochures? Biz cards? Freebie promo items?

Best of Luck!

sure will,  And I haven't decided yet. Defiantly buisness cards and flyers. Any suggestions? Looking for things that I can get alot of for a decent price.

sure will,  And I haven't decided yet. Defiantly buisness cards and flyers. Any suggestions? Looking for things that I can get alot of for a decent price.

I went to a local roofer, and got tear off shingles that were filthy, then I cleaned them at the home show, right in front of a crowd! 

I had a recording playing over a speaker in my booth, inviting people to stop by at certain times, for a free, non pressure roof cleaning demonstration.  Show and Tell, and you will sell. 

I went to a local roofer, and got tear off shingles that were filthy, then I cleaned them at the home show, right in front of a crowd! 

I had a recording playing over a speaker in my booth, inviting people to stop by at certain times, for a free, non pressure roof cleaning demonstration.  Show and Tell, and you will sell. 

I had that same idea!  Cool!  Did you rinse? If so, how did you do that at the show?

I had that same idea!  Cool!  Did you rinse? If so, how did you do that at the show?

I used a pump up sprayer, and  it was a very effective demonstration! No rinsing, but I told people since I had no access to water, I could not rinse, but they could expect even better results! Remember guys, back nearly 25 years ago, when I first started, non pressure roof cleaning was nearly unknown, even here in Florida. 

That is an awesome idea Chris.  How did you deal with the chemical smell and hazards inside?

That is an awesome idea Chris.  How did you deal with the chemical smell and hazards inside?

I used some SH compatible  Lemon stuff to mask the smell.  It still stunk, but actually the smell brought in several curiosity seekers, and a few became customers! 

I used a pump up sprayer, and  it was a very effective demonstration! No rinsing, but I told people since I had no access to water, I could not rinse, but they could expect even better results! Remember guys, back nearly 25 years ago, when I first started, non pressure roof cleaning was nearly unknown, even here in Florida. 

I agree.  Chris is right. Non pressure roof cleaning was not even a viable trade 25 years ago. Roofers were  telling everyone to stay off thier tile roofs and telling every homeowner that the black and algae laden roof is the way its supposed to look.  And what gives tile character. HOA's have done more for this business than anything I think. 

One thing that worked for me was to have a fish bowl where people provided their name and address on a piece of paper to enter a drawing to win $200 off of the cost of a roof cleaning. The second place winner got $100 off and the third place $50 off the cost of a roof cleaning. The people entering were letting you know they need a roof cleaning so they are providing you with names of potential clients to contact for roof cleaning. I got some jobs this way.

One thing that worked for me was to have a fish bowl where people provided their name and address on a piece of paper to enter a drawing to win $200 off of the cost of a roof cleaning. The second place winner got $100 off and the third place $50 off the cost of a roof cleaning. The people entering were letting you know they need a roof cleaning so they are providing you with names of potential clients to contact for roof cleaning. I got some jobs this way.

Oh, I always had a "win a free roof cleaning"  bucket at every public show I did, with a "50% off the roof cleaning" as a second prize.

LOL, everyone won the "50% off their roof cleaning", if ya know what I mean :)  Of course,  to get the "50% off" they had to agree to keep a sign in their Yard for a week or so :) 

4X8.jpg.c2f53a7b5361d5b636bd8ebc3eece761so these are the new banners. let me know what you guys think.

118X24.jpg

4X8.jpg

This one looks good.  The business name is more obvious, did you darken it up to make it stand out?

It is awesome you're doing a Home & Garden show, I bet you're sales pitch is going to be way better and delivered more confidantly after a weekend of nothing but educating potential customers.

I think Gary's idea of dirty shingles from a roofing company is genius.  You can talk all day to someone and they just don't "get it"—but if you show them, they'll not only get it, they'll want it!

Be sure to post up how it went and what you learned!  Good luck!

This one looks good.  The business name is more obvious, did you darken it up to make it stand out?

It is awesome you're doing a Home & Garden show, I bet you're sales pitch is going to be way better and delivered more confidantly after a weekend of nothing but educating potential customers.

I think Gary's idea of dirty shingles from a roofing company is genius.  You can talk all day to someone and they just don't "get it"—but if you show them, they'll not only get it, they'll want it!

Be sure to post up how it went and what you learned!  Good luck!

thanks jim, I will post pictures of the booth before the show and how it goes. Also I will have shingles at the show. I will have one dirty, one clean, and one split down the middle of dirty/clean.