People today are constantly bombarded with advertisements from every direction by companies and other people trying to sell them products or services. We have become quick to ignore or filter out the barrage of sales pitches.

When you’re promoting your roof cleaning business face to face with others and you don’t make an impression after 30 seconds, you will be forgotten about. Hence you must always be ready with your 29 second pitch. The pitch must answer five questions:

• What is the problem? Add drama or fear to make it more interesting.
  • What is it that I do?
  • What is my cause or product?
  • How can my service better people’s lives or make them financially better off?
  • How am I different from the others (differentiation)?

Here is my 29 second pitch as an illustration:

We’re being invaded and most people don’t even realize it yet. Have you noticed any rooftops that have ugly black streaks and stains? That’s air born algae that quickly multiply and spread over the roof’s surface. Besides being unsightly, it’s destructive and costly. Roughly 50% of roofs are replaced simply due to their ugly appearance or premature deterioration that could have been prevented. I’m here to bring you the good news that Advantage Roof Cleaning Company has a safe and inexpensive process that kills the algae, cleans away the streaks and restores the shingles to their proper condition.

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

Good post, especially for door to door sales or any cold call.

Thanks for the solid contribution Dave!

I am still new here but that is a great pitch. I start next week with my new equipment and hope you don't mind me using your pitch to get my feet wet?

Thx

Thanks Chris. Your compliment means a lot!

I meant every word of it Dave! 

As much as I know about roof cleaning, I still try and learn a little bit from everyone. To be a good teacher, you must also be a good student!

Plus, I firmly believe that all of us, is smarter then one of us! 

That is the whole purpose of this roof cleaning training forum, so the knowledge of us all can be combined, to make us all better.

I am still new here but that is a great pitch. I start next week with my new equipment and hope you don't mind me using your pitch to get my feet wet?

Thx

You are a Premium Member, and your membership also gets you free, unlimited, one on one  telephone consultations with me.

Call me at 813 655 8777 from 11 am till 11 pm Florida time, 7 days a week, if you need me, or are unsure of what to buy, and who to buy it from.

I will not let you make a potentially serious equipment purchase mistake.

Chris

I am new to roof cleaning but an old timer at knocking on doors for business. I know this post is form last year, but I wanted to add my compliments to your (what I call) schpeel.  I fully agree that you only have a few seconds to get the customer's attention so you better have something good. If you don't mind I'll steal your schpeel and use it. Good post Dave!

I am new to roof cleaning but an old timer at knocking on doors for business. I know this post is form last year, but I wanted to add my compliments to your (what I call) schpeel.  I fully agree that you only have a few seconds to get the customer's attention so you better have something good. If you don't mind I'll steal your schpeel and use it. Good post Dave!

Please by all means feel free to use my "schpeel".

Dave, 

This is an awesome post. I was on neighborhoods all day today knocking door to door trying to refine my (sales pitch) but didnt have much luck.. desperatly trying to make this work i knew i was missing something amd i came across ur post.. thank you for sharing.. tomorrow will be a new day and new doors to knock. Do u still use this currently?

Thanks, I was in the car business for many years. That is a 100 percent right. And also I would like to add the first 5 sec. of meeting someone I can tell if I like them are not. I have read some really good stuff on here. You can teach a old dog new tricks. Lol