Neilson Roof Cleaning

Painted roof tile

I have a job to bid on a roof  where the homeowner had a black tile roof painted black. The painted faded in a years time, He then had a guy pressure wash it to get off the old paint , the roof is now white and im guessing oxidized, He wants a price on getting out all the old paint, removing the oxidation, full cleaning, and restoring the title back to its original condition. , Can this paint be removed, I dont want to pass this up if it can be done. I do have sprayers if needed. any clue on what can remove the paint?

I don't think you will be able to remove 100% all the old paint. At least not easily. Never had to do that on tile before. But 30 years in the painting business I can tell you from experience with stripping paint on anything is pretty much the same scenario. In a best case scenario you can get most the paint off 80 or 90%. Its the last 10 or 20% that is the problem. Your best bet is to talk the customer into repainting it. But agree to remove ALL the loose paint first.  If you promise them you can get all the paint off 100% you better bid it T and M. 

The best thing is have a signed contract stating you will do your best to remove what you can and make sure it says what all the issues are so you dont do all the work and dont get paid because it dosent meet his expectations. some people think it will magicaly look better after they make a mistake and it dosent so if he wont sign off on it then dont do it. make sure he dosent expect to much i just had a lady we washed her barn and she thought that because this was the first washing in thirty years it would look new again but it dont.