These people http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html will GIVE you Free Wordpress, if you host with them! They are the good people who host this forum.

They only charge 2.85 a month, even cheaper if you buy a year or more! 

This is THE best deal I know of for a hosted Wordpress Website!

$2.85 is a very good deal...but you are still on a shared IP with hundreds or thousands.

On my primary server Contractor Hosting, I offer shared hosting at $5 per month but very low domains per IP. For $110 yr I offer dedicated IP's and 5 addon domains.This is really good for those building multiple sites for different services.

On another server, I'm at $3.25 but I can vary IP addresses.....this is known as a SEO server. Unique IP's are important for backlink value. I personally use this server when I'm building a tiered SEO plan since Google would devalue links from the same class c subnet.

Wordpress has always been free as are most of the plugins.

As for installation....most decent hosts offer automatic install (fantastico, Softaculous, etc).

We host though blue host.

Not a huge fan of Bluehost....they are better than GoDaddy though. I've had issues working with clients on bluehost and their tier 1 support people seem a bit weak

I was with hostgator for 5 years before buying my first server. I tried to work out a deal with them but they wanted a fortune for additional IP's.

I have had horrible service through bluehost.  Some of their techs are complete morons.  I blame them for killing my first site.  Another time with bluehost I went from one hosting plan to another plan they had.  I was on the phone for over 8 hours and my site was down for about a week.

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

I am with Godaddy and have not had a single issue in over 3 years. Plus they are available by phone 24/7.

My hosting is less than $40 a year. Which in the long run is nothing but a drop in the bucket. ymmv

I have had horrible service through bluehost.  Some of their techs are complete morons.  I blame them for killing my first site.  Another time with bluehost I went from one hosting plan to another plan they had.  I was on the phone for over 8 hours and my site was down for about a week.

Dave at Roof Refresh stood up for Godaddy against my neg comments.....until his site went down. After being down 2 days, he called bluehost and those bozo's told him to transfer the domain....and he did. What would have been a simple migration from a WP backup was overly complicated since I could no longer access the WP site since the domain now resolved to an empty hosting account at bluehost. Godaddy's DB backup process is a joke to work with. Because there were old backups in the WP files and I could not get into WP.....the FTP transfers took all day.

Big names does not mean the guy on the phone has a clue about anything.....he's a level 1 tech.

$2.85 is a very good deal...but you are still on a shared IP with hundreds or thousands.

On my primary server Contractor Hosting, I offer shared hosting at $5 per month but very low domains per IP. For $110 yr I offer dedicated IP's and 5 addon domains.This is really good for those building multiple sites for different services.

On another server, I'm at $3.25 but I can vary IP addresses.....this is known as a SEO server. Unique IP's are important for backlink value. I personally use this server when I'm building a tiered SEO plan since Google would devalue links from the same class c subnet.

Wordpress has always been free as are most of the plugins.

As for installation....most decent hosts offer automatic install (fantastico, Softaculous, etc).

Unless someone is very tech savvy, IMHO they will be better served going with your plan, since you sort of "come along for the ride"  LOL, you are "fun to yell at Barry", and you take it so personally. Hell, if I did not already have several websites, I would take out a site on your servers, just to mess with you  -_-

Hey, just kidding of course! 

You Rock Barry!

Unless someone is very tech savvy, IMHO they will be better served going with your plan, since you sort of "come along for the ride"  LOL, you are "fun to yell at Barry", and you take it so personally. Hell, if I did not already have several websites, I would take out a site on your servers, just to mess with you  -_-

Hey, just kidding of course! 

You Rock Barry!

Websites don't mess with me....I mess with them.

I got a funny email forwarded to me the other day. It was from Bluehost to one of their customers.

"PHP, the web programming language, has several different versions and we will be phasing out PHP version

5.2 in the near future as it has been unsupported by its creators for several years now...."

Way to stay on top of things Bluehost!

Bigger = slower and complacent.