Roof Cleaning Virginia

Like a NSACAR pit crew!!

Pulled up to the job site at 10:00 this morning.  At 10:20, I'm popping the 'after' pic, with the roof still obviously wet.  (This is for a client who is out of state).  Done in 20 minutes flat.  Then the real estate agent shows up and oohs and ahhs and wants cards after asking all of the right questions.  And then the lady across the street came over and asked for a quote - she's now scheduled for late October.  20 minutes of work, followed by 20 minutes of securing more business.

In the truck and on to the next job by 10:40.  Is this the best profession to be in or what?!

WP_20150910_002.jpg

WP_20150910_005.jpg

Edited by Roof Cleaning Virginia

I forgot to mention that this particular homeowner had told me that he'd done the garage roof himself, with a product that he'd purchased.  He said that it took 'multiple applications' but it had "turned out great".  Take a close look at the garage in the before picture and you be the judge.

This happens so many times - home owners with good intentions fall prey to marketing hype and spend their hard earned money and the vast majority of their weekend for mediocre results, at best.  In this case Roof Cleaner QSE was the culprit.  Although I can't find an MSDS, I suspect it's sodium percarbonate.

After the expense of this 'product' and several trips up on the roof, he still had to call us, the professionals, to get professional results.  Buyer beware!

The "Cleaner Today" ( the name of the company who produces this stuff in powder form) Roof cleaner QSE 3000 is Sodium Hydroxide based and their Roof cleaner OX cleaner is S Percarbonate based.

Found on this forum http://www.contractortalk.com/f15/what-non-toxic-algae-mold-cleaners-1252/index2/

The "Cleaner Today" ( the name of the company who produces this stuff in powder form) Roof cleaner QSE 3000 is Sodium Hydroxide based and their Roof cleaner OX cleaner is S Percarbonate based.

Found on this forum http://www.contractortalk.com/f15/what-non-toxic-algae-mold-cleaners-1252/index2/

called them once but got tired of them mouthing off how using bleach was such a bad practice for roof cleaning. Wasnt too convinced when they said we still had to use a pressurr washrr... HELL NO BUDDY!!

We have GOT to get you some heavily mossy roofs out there. Throw in some cedar and cottonwood tree debris to boot. Rinsing...and rinsing....and did I mention rinsing...brings humility. 

Humility?  Bah!  :-)

We get some moss here Kev, but nothing like what you deal with in WA.  But we don't rinse, except for with a full blown 3-step cedar restoration and then it's a 'power rinse' if you will. (I give away about 95% of the cedar leads).  Check out this article in the resource section of American-ProTech's website.

For asphalt shingles - we have it dialed in to an exact balance of speed and effectiveness.  It's taken 6 years to reach this level of efficiency though.

I only WISH I could get away with not rinsing. Tried it at the beginning of the company. Yeah...that didn't go over so well. So now we balance things...getting *most* of the moss off. Anything left is anchored in and needs to degrade. Rain and snow (if we actually GET some this year, fingers crossed) takes care of the rest. Still takes 3X the chem app timing to rinse. One reason why my pricing is variable depending on the moss load.