So I received a call today from someone representing Raising  Cane's for a bid on doing a "partial" (parking lot, sidewalk) and a "full" (parking lot, side walk, exterior brick). Being I've never done this, I was seeing if anyone could shed some light on a reasonable price for square footage for the parking lot and building and any advice in doing this. I do have a pressure washer and 16" surface cleaner that I can use to get the job done, though it might take a while, hey its money! thanks for any help!

Edited by Bryce

You need to clarify with them on the exact scope of work. Most places like that mainly just need drive-thru lane, entry ways and dumpster pad done. You'll probably need some pre-treatment on all of those.

be sure to talk with them on a monthly maintainence for those items. Who has been cleaning or is this their first clean? If it's first time, not unheard of to be a little higher for the initial clean and then a lower monthly fee so you can get place in good shape to start with. You're going to need water, Lots of it if they want the whole lot done. Do they have decent pressure and willing to let you use. 

Drainage plan - Where is all your rinse water going or are you going to have to reclaim. Be sure a check with local DHEC people to see if you can rinse down storm drains.

What hours can you work. I do some of these type places and if they serve breakfast, the only decent time you can get in there is between about 2-4pm and/or at night after they close. None of these places like shutting down their drive-thrus, even for 15min or so.

But place doesn't look too dirty, so just your typical fast food. Don't know where you are, but around here the flatwork would run about .10-.12 per sq ft. If they want the whole lot done may be a little less. Do they want curbing done? If so, that takes even more time.

I will tell you that if you're going to tackle this, you're going to need to more equipment. You need at least  8 gpm machine, preferably with hot water and a lot bigger surface cleaner if you're doing much more than the sidewalks and dumpster. Like I said, they're going to want for you to get in there and out of there as quick as possible.

You need to clarify with them on the exact scope of work. Most places like that mainly just need drive-thru lane, entry ways and dumpster pad done. You'll probably need some pre-treatment on all of those.

be sure to talk with them on a monthly maintainence for those items. Who has been cleaning or is this their first clean? If it's first time, not unheard of to be a little higher for the initial clean and then a lower monthly fee so you can get place in good shape to start with. You're going to need water, Lots of it if they want the whole lot done. Do they have decent pressure and willing to let you use. 

Drainage plan - Where is all your rinse water going or are you going to have to reclaim. Be sure a check with local DHEC people to see if you can rinse down storm drains.

What hours can you work. I do some of these type places and if they serve breakfast, the only decent time you can get in there is between about 2-4pm and/or at night after they close. None of these places like shutting down their drive-thrus, even for 15min or so.

But place doesn't look too dirty, so just your typical fast food. Don't know where you are, but around here the flatwork would run about .10-.12 per sq ft. If they want the whole lot done may be a little less. Do they want curbing done? If so, that takes even more time.

I will tell you that if you're going to tackle this, you're going to need to more equipment. You need at least  8 gpm machine, preferably with hot water and a lot bigger surface cleaner if you're doing much more than the sidewalks and dumpster. Like I said, they're going to want for you to get in there and out of there as quick as possible.

they said they want the entire parking lot done. Curbs, drive thru, entry ways, walk ways, dumpster pad, and parking area. We would have access to the business water and he said they do have good water pressure. We would have the parkinglot from 11pm- 10am, as they do not serve breakfast. They said it was cleaned about 3 months ago and it was just one guy by himself with a pressure washer and no surface cleaner just a wond. And if we get the job it comes with 3 locations. They also mention the first guy that did it used chemical and did alot better job and that the majority of the oil stains on the concrete were gone compared to the last guy

Edited by Bryce

they said they want the entire parking lot done. Curbs, drive thru, entry ways, walk ways, dumpster pad, and parking area. We would have access to the business water and he said they do have good water pressure. We would have the parkinglot from 11pm- 10am, as they do not serve breakfast. They said it was cleaned about 3 months ago and it was just one guy by himself with a pressure washer and no surface cleaner just a wond. And if we get the job it comes with 3 locations. They also mention the first guy that did it used chemical and did alot better job and that the majority of the oil stains on the concrete were gone compared to the last guy

The first thing I would ask is why aren't they using the first guy anymore?