Bkeene

newbie recommended startup system

I am just getting into the business of non pressure roof cleaning and am curious as to what setup would be recommended for someone in my shoes. I am intrigued by the air compressor ran systems. I am certainly on a budget being a full time student with two kids, however I want to get something that will perform as needed without killing my pocket. I am looking for specifics such as type of pump, hose I should run, spray gun, reel and anything else I should need. I have already purchased the metal framed ibc totes as they hold a lot of liquid and are extremely affordable. As I mentioned before I need affordable but am willing to spend a little more on a decent pump as I know it will pay off in the long run. I am extremely new to the field and was introduced to it by a friend who is also new to it, however, I find it a good investment as there is no one in my area that offers a non pressure roof cleaning. I am looking for a "what I wish I had bought when I first started out" scenario with a budget in mind twist to it. I appreciate any response from you guys. As soon as I can afford to get a membership on here, you can bet it will happen as I have many more questions but respect that good advice comes with a price. 

I am doing the same thing you are and I would tell you to research all of the free forums that you can for now and look at the other forum also. If you read all of the content you can before coming a premium member you will just about be able to have a full rig set up, there is a reason you need to pay for the premium membership. Also the members on here will be more than willing to help you.

The premium membership is well worth it and should be bought before you do any roofs.

With that being said, if you are on a budget start out with 12v.

Edited by ROOF CLEANING OF MID-MO

I appreciate the responses, 

Go with a 12 volt.  My 12 volt pump shoots 7 gpm.  Most roofs need less than 50 gallons-how much faster do you need to be done?

It's not so much about speed as I am concerned with getting the height I need on the high pitch two story homes. 

I am doing the same thing you are and I would tell you to research all of the free forums that you can for now and look at the other forum also. If you read all of the content you can before coming a premium member you will just about be able to have a full rig set up, there is a reason you need to pay for the premium membership. Also the members on here will be more than willing to help you.

The premium membership is well worth it and should be bought before you do any roofs.

With that being said, if you are on a budget start out with 12v.

Believe me, I have been reading as much as I can without my wife completely taking my head off. It would be nice to have a few different rig set ups to consider with the positive and negatives of each in a single forum. I have a buddy that just got into it and he uses a 12v and to be honest I don't think it could spray 10' out in front on level ground. I suppose the fact that I spray liquid fert for a full time job has me thinking a more powerful unit. 

Go with a 12 volt.  My 12 volt pump shoots 7 gpm.  Most roofs need less than 50 gallons-how much faster do you need to be done?

I think that's what I will do then. I'm thinking of the fatboy 7gpm with a 1/2 hose. What do you guys think? Also do all you 12v guys just connect two car batteries and charge them at home? I spray lawn chemicals for my full time job  and we have on one of our trailers a 12v pump that we wired in to the 7way connector so it uses the vehicle battery. Does anyone else do this? I could see maybe a vehicle battery going dead after a lot of use however, you could also just leave your vehicle running. Any thoughts about this?

The information you need is in the paid section of the forum. It would be better to spend the $$$ on the membership first then buy what you need, what you are thinking of will end up costing more in the long run.

I have just started my business and have not even bought my pump yet, been a member on here for a month yesterday. When I do go shopping I will know what I need and how to do my set up.

I appreciate the responses, 

It's not so much about speed as I am concerned with getting the height I need on the high pitch two story homes. 

Believe me, I have been reading as much as I can without my wife completely taking my head off. It would be nice to have a few different rig set ups to consider with the positive and negatives of each in a single forum. I have a buddy that just got into it and he uses a 12v and to be honest I don't think it could spray 10' out in front on level ground. I suppose the fact that I spray liquid fert for a full time job has me thinking a more powerful unit. 

Suggest you get the Premium Membership, so you can read the Secrets Of Roof Cleaning section of this forum, before you make any pump/hose purchase.