Rob

12 volt system suggestions

I have a small amount of experience with low pressure house and roof cleaning I simply am overwhelmed by the different types of pumps and need to know which one to start with.  I am starting my own business and could use some advice.  I have settled on a 12 volt system that is what I am familiar with. Also, I am boot strapping this endeavor alone, part time, with limited resources.  I don't expect a crushing volume of work for a while so I want to keep costs down for now.  In a perfect world I would like to be able to reach a 3rd story fascia and soffit from the ground with a 12% SH solution.  I plan on going with a deep cycle battery set up if I can.  I don't like plugging in at a job just to kick a breaker and have to rely on a generator or have to both my customer with the breaker box hunt.  I plan on focusing on home washing for now so I hope someone will be good enough to guide me with a pump, hose, nozzle combo that will come closest to my start up goals. Also, plan on only cleaning 2 homes a day with this rig.

Thanks a million

Rob      

I have a small amount of experience with low pressure house and roof cleaning I simply am overwhelmed by the different types of pumps and need to know which one to start with.  I am starting my own business and could use some advice.  I have settled on a 12 volt system that is what I am familiar with. Also, I am boot strapping this endeavor alone, part time, with limited resources.  I don't expect a crushing volume of work for a while so I want to keep costs down for now.  In a perfect world I would like to be able to reach a 3rd story fascia and soffit from the ground with a 12% SH solution.  I plan on going with a deep cycle battery set up if I can.  I don't like plugging in at a job just to kick a breaker and have to rely on a generator or have to both my customer with the breaker box hunt.  I plan on focusing on home washing for now so I hope someone will be good enough to guide me with a pump, hose, nozzle combo that will come closest to my start up goals. Also, plan on only cleaning 2 homes a day with this rig.

Thanks a million

Rob      

Do you live close to a Northern Tool, and where do you live ?

I spent a lot of money when I started on diffrent 12 volt pumps i was nervous usuing the air pump even when i got all the parts for the air system at the house i was still scared to put it on my trailer but it was the best thing i did. I had no luck with 12 volt pumps get to hot get wet cause a hose busted and so forth. Get a air compresor and a air pump if it wasnt for the concrete cleaning I wouldnt even own a pressure washer. 

The idea of spraying 12%  to clean soffit tells me you have ALOT of reading to do before going to someones property.  It's more like about 1% hitting the surface.

House washing properly and giving a customer their moneys worth is more than applying bleach and rinsing. Gutters are cleaned with an entirely different product. These are things you have to know to give customers a quality job.  Go to Propowerwash.com and read.. 

Jeff

I do live close to northern tool. what type and size pump do you recommend?

I agree with Jeff, you need to do a lot of reading before spraying peoples homes with a 12% solution.

I also agree with Doug from Georgia about an air pump vs a 12 volt pump.  But if you are gonna buy a 12 volt pump, check out the Northern Tool 12 volt 5.3 gpm pumps. 

If you're going with a 12V pump, I recommend Delavan Fatboy 7.0 GPM 100 PSI. It costs the same as the 60 PSI but shoots farther.

Wow, when did Delavan come out with a 100 PSI pump Dave, and where did u buy it from ?

With 7 GPM, at 100 PSI, I bet it shoots very good. 

I wonder if Delavan makes a smaller GPM pump that is also 100 psi ?

Not for us, we are all set with our air pumps.  But for people cleaning a lot of tile roofs, 7 GPM is too much flow, and makes it hard to control run off.