Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Religion and Roof Cleaning ?

I eat breakfast every day at a restaurant where a Handyman (and his 2 employees) eat everyday. This guy is obnoxiously religious, one of those who try to preach to you in every conversation you have with him. I try my very best to avoid this guy. 

One of the guys that sits at my table every day sent this handyman to a friend of his, and was told he was booked up for 6 months SOLID :( 

Evidently, this Handyman is the member of a huge Baptist Church in the area, with over 600 members! 

LOL, maybe some of you roof cleaners should join a Church ?

I advertise in a couple church liturgical papers. I dont go to church but my kids do.  

The large church slate roof needs cleaning. I just need to talk to the right person.

I have cleaned many many churches, and got additional roof cleaning work from the people who attended these churches. However, nothing beats the work some roof cleaners get by actually attending some big churches. 

I've solicited a number of churches and have given them very low quotes. Not one single bite. I even quoted a small corner church a ridiculous price of $99.00. They were not interested!!! I happened to drive by that church the other week and see they still have the unsightly dirty roof.  

Last year I stopped and cold-called at a nursing home I frequently drive by. Their asphalt roof is dirty and needs cleaning. I left my info for the Manager and haven't heard back from them. I also left a VM. Now a year later I see they are currently replacing the roof. That really annoys me!

i run into the customer who says they had a roofer look at the roof and its only got a couple years left on it. How do you come back to that. I tell them the way i see it is as long as the roof is keeping water away why replace it and unless the roofer has a crystal ball hes just guessing it dosent expire in a certain time and we can help push that time back and make it look good till then. but they usualy go with what the roofer said

i run into the customer who says they had a roofer look at the roof and its only got a couple years left on it. How do you come back to that. I tell them the way i see it is as long as the roof is keeping water away why replace it and unless the roofer has a crystal ball hes just guessing it dosent expire in a certain time and we can help push that time back and make it look good till then. but they usualy go with what the roofer said

I tell then "My mechanic said my 2007 Ford F 150 with 49,000 miles was "getting old", and might strand me alongside the road" .

Roofers want to sell roof replacement jobs, and machanics at car dealers want to get you to buy a new car/truck.

Last year I stopped and cold-called at a nursing home I frequently drive by. Their asphalt roof is dirty and needs cleaning. I left my info for the Manager and haven't heard back from them. I also left a VM. Now a year later I see they are currently replacing the roof. That really annoys me!

Funny story, I cleaned my parents roof a month ago for my first roof. their roof is 15 years old but it has plenty of life left with all the neighbors in the same shape(all of them were built 15 years ago.). However, the day I went out to clean it the neighbor RIGHT across the street was having theirs replaced. Didn't even have as much moss or algae..

Roofers are good at getting people to replace their roofs prematurely. The sad thing is, they will often get a homeowner to use an insurance claim to get the roof replaced.

This sounds great at first, over actually paying for a roof cleaning. The roofers will claim hail damage, from such and such storm that came through, or wind damage, and they'll replace the roof.

The insurance pays for the new roof, and the homeowner is happy. Having a new roof is great, but only postpones the cost of cleaning, whereas the cost of cleaning postpones the cost of replacement. Also, it adds a claim to your policy that you didn't need. What happens when a comes through and really does some damage? Another claim.

I think homeowners should be wary of this "deal". I lost a job recently from a customer who had the HOA letter telling her to clean her roof. She called me back and said a roofer looked at her roof. He told her it looked great, didn't need a cleaning and he would get it replaced instead. He's right, it looked great and just needed a cleaning, not replacement.

Not all roofers are playing this game, but some are. It's important homeowners are careful who they hire. I would hope the roofer was sincere but there are millions being made doing this "storm chasing" bit. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/storm-chasers-scamming-homeowners-after-storms/

Roofers are good at getting people to replace their roofs prematurely. The sad thing is, they will often get a homeowner to use an insurance claim to get the roof replaced.

This sounds great at first, over actually paying for a roof cleaning. The roofers will claim hail damage, from such and such storm that came through, or wind damage, and they'll replace the roof.

The insurance pays for the new roof, and the homeowner is happy. Having a new roof is great, but only postpones the cost of cleaning, whereas the cost of cleaning postpones the cost of replacement. Also, it adds a claim to your policy that you didn't need. What happens when a comes through and really does some damage? Another claim.

I think homeowners should be wary of this "deal". I lost a job recently from a customer who had the HOA letter telling her to clean her roof. She called me back and said a roofer looked at her roof. He told her it looked great, didn't need a cleaning and he would get it replaced instead. He's right, it looked great and just needed a cleaning, not replacement.

Not all roofers are playing this game, but some are. It's important homeowners are careful who they hire. I would hope the roofer was sincere but there are millions being made doing this "storm chasing" bit. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/storm-chasers-scamming-homeowners-after-storms/

yeah wouldn't surprise me. The company that did the roof I was talking about is one of the larger in the state/surrounding area. Not sure if that really means anything though?

The good news about insurance companies is that more and more they are mandating homeowners to have their roof cleaned or else their policy will be canceled!

There are a couple of videos floating around the Internet about this subject!