Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

I Just Addressed A Homeowners Association Meeting

We put in a bid on a 40 building Condo project, and the head of the HOA asked us to come to the homeowners association meeting, to address the members of this community. I got to get up in front of about 35 people, and put on my dog and pony show.

Then, I answered all of their questions about roof cleaning, plant protection, insurance, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, officially I am "retired", and Apple Roof Cleaning is now run by my Son Jamie. 

My Son asked me to go address these folks, and I am always up for anything to do with the cleaning of roofs :) 

right on i try to do that any chance I get Ive found that taking the extra few hours to get in and bs goes a long way the only problem I have is im coverd in tats all my head down to my feet some are cool with it but im sure some think i just got off a convict bus

Hey Chris,..I think you just like to talk,...I bet you talk to the mirror,Ha,Ha,...

I talk alot too,..I once had a customer tell me I talk alot,..and she forgot half of what I told her...I told here,.."I've said this same spiel so many times that I'm beginning to believe it myself",..Ha,Ha,..

Jeff

You are right Jeff, I do like to talk, and I am "in my glory" when I am in front of a lot of people. LOL, the people at the HOA meeting asked me about a warranty, so I told them "Yes, we offer a warranty, it is called our exclusive tail light warranty! When our tail lights leave your driveway, so does your warranty" :) 

That really got everyone laughing, almost as hard as when I said at the beginning of the meeting "I am as nervous as a midget at a urinal, being in front of so many people" :) 

I love to talk roof cleaning one on one but 35 people, I probably would have choked my way through it.

I had a blast, telling them that the algae was a plant, and instead of having roots, it has filaments that wrap themselves around the shingle granules, and as the plant grows, it crowds the other plants, and can pull the granules right off the shingles. Then I made my yucky face, shook my head no, and then said   "You don't want to lose the granules off your shingles, do you?" 

The entire audience was shaking their head NO :)

They were like putty in my hands, but this is what happens when you have been doing this as long as I have.  Yes, you might blow a presentation or two, at first, but one day you will become good at it, and when you do, the financial rewards can be quite considerable.

Nice, I bet they loved your roof cleaning advice. Not to mention the jokes, lol. Midget a urinal...oh boy! :lolu:

The latest update is this, the HOA is not going to pay for the cleaning for everyone, but, we are going to get about 1/2 to 1/4 of the people who live in the Condo's who will do it on an individual basis

by the time you get those homes clean the others will look so bad they all will join no one wants the only ugly house on the block

by the time you get those homes clean the others will look so bad they all will join no one wants the only ugly house on the block

Nice. Taking em all at once, or one at a time is still getting it done! I agree with Doug. When they see your work, people will realize they're missing out and the phone will keep ringing.

Yes, the dirty side of the duplex/condos will look stupid, so we should get them all! 

I am not bragging, I am teaching here, but this job was locked up because both my Son and I made friends with the head honcho of the HOA.

My newest Grandson has Downs Syndrome, poor little guy :(  My Son happened to mention  that he had a Downs Syndrome Baby to care for at home, and that's why he was sending me to address the HOA Meeting.

Well, it turns out that the head of the HOA also has a grown child with Downs Syndrome, so there was an instant bond there. 

Always try to find something you and your customers "connect" over, and make friends out of them. 

I did a quote for a HOA last year for 24 units--6 buildings that are 4 units each. I quoted it at .23 a sqft. or by the unit which would have been a little more. Total silence. I contacted the head of the HOA this spring and she said too expensive but she did say the moss is a big problem. Maybe at some point I will hear back.