PeakOfPerfection

Statement from Peak of Perfection Regarding Thefts

Announcement from Peak Of Perfection  Roof Cleaning/The Pump Man Regarding Pump Theft. 

Yesterday, we unfortunately had one of our employees arrested for grand theft. After several customers complained their units had not been delivered, an internal investigation turned up multiple pumps and parts along with equipment from our operation and other company operations missing from inventory. The individual in question was trusted to ship units out and had instead been diverting them and selling them for monetary gain. In addition units in my warehouse were stolen along with some shipments to me. One pump was just found in a pawn shop, another was found on Craigslist. To date, we have recovered 3 customer pumps but the rest are gone. The story behind the reason for the  thefts was drugs. We will not be publicly disclosing the name of the individual, but we are pressing charges.  An audit of charges and cash is being conducted on our accounts along with a full equipment inventory. If anybody on this forum purchased an air diaphragm pump from a seller other than Peak of Perfection that was shipped to you from Bellingham, WA, please contact me as you may have stolen property. 
Obviously this is terribly disappointing and frustrating. The pumps we sell are not easy to come by and much hard work has gone into building this little side business which I do primarily for fun. This has been destroyed by a person placed in a position of trust. If you have a pump system on order, please  contact me.

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Sorry to hear that Kevin.  Don't let it get you down to much.  You'll recover and keep doing what you love.  You've got a good thing going with helping out people and getting those rare pumps back in working order.

I used to keep my check book in the truck and one day i noticed that one employee had gotten 2 checks that week when confronted he said he just wanted the extra money I rolled him around in the yard and sent him on his way. I found out he got a job at dominos pizza so I called there and told them what type person they hired they didnt listen so I called there corparate office and didnt listen well he got caught writing in tips on his card recipts and got fired from there

I dont think its just simple minded people who steal. Drugs probably being the top motivator. When I was a kid, my parents had a very expensive camel hair 10 person tent stolen from our yard. We never found out who did it (mind you this was 35 years ago). One day about 5 years ago the perp knocked on my mothers door (same home) and spilled his guts. This guy was a childhood friend of mine. He had tears in his eyes when he told my mother what he did and proceeded to give my mom 500 bucks. He said he couldnt stand to have this hanging over his head any longer. The motivator? drugs, and that was 35 years ago. People steal for a multitude of reasons, drugs, being poor, playing a prank and just for the hell of it. Kevin Im sorry that happened to you.

Edited by ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

I agree. I just said simple minded because people steal without looking at the bigger picture, like those they are hurting in the process for example. Great story, glad the guy admitted and tried to make it right. That's very rare.