Don't go jumping to conclusions. Just as some roof cleaners try to sell roof cleaning services by telling people they have roof "mold" which negatively impacts their indoor air quality (false), there is no reason to start scaring clients by telling them their roof is going to kill their family pets. I did some research and nowhere in the literature did I see evidence that the species of G.M.that grows on roofs creates anatoxins. Anatoxins in water from excessive algal growth are well known (Red Tide). If there was output of toxins in high levels from GM on roofs, we would have heard about it long before now. 

We, as *professional* roof cleaners, are here to educate our clients and sell services based on knowledge and expertise...not unproven rumors. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

I meant to add that to my post.  That all of the info would need to be backed up by facts.  I figured by this point in time, that if it were true someone would have already brought this to light.  

You'd be surprised how many people will take things they read online and then make the jump and try to use them as marketing material without doing the slightest bit of research. I've been fighting the roof "mold" thing for a couple of years. I've seen claims that Stachybotrys Chartarum (aka Toxic Black Mold) infests roofs (it doesn't). With 14 years as a mold mitigation contractor, I am very much familiar with mycology and the environments under which Mold grows. Yet, you still see guys out there telling customers that the mold on their roof is a contributor to SBS (Sick Building Syndrome) when from a mycological and mycotoxin standpoint, this is near impossible unless the roof has completely failed and water is pouring into the building. I don't want to start seeing guys on the Google Plus cleaning forums posting about how their roof cleaning method kills the "toxic cyanobacteria on the roof that is a danger to your pets" because it just isn't the case. If it was, roofing manufacturers would likely have a huge number of class action lawsuits on their hands.