woody70

Box Truck Setup

Ok, I'm going to rip out all the HF rubber mats and paint the floor with Sherwin-Williams Tile Clad HS Epoxy.  Great chemical resistance and you can put it on a variety of materials.  Here is the pdf:

attachicon.gifTile Clad HS.pdf

There are two parts to it.  You get one gallon of part A and one gallon of part B.  Coverage is up to 400 sq ft depending on material.  Cost for two one gallons containers was $177.  Now I gotta take all the stuff out of the truck again.  Wife is just going to have to park outside the garage for the next few days.

A good find Woody !

I have seen people mix sand in with epoxy before, to create a non slip protective film.

I hear people say they will only work off a trailer. I have really enjoyed the box truck. Every thing is inside, If it rains we can quit awhile and if we need to take a leak simply pull the door down a bit and strengthen the mix.

It gets very hot with two machines running. Everything you touch is hot

If the rain would only stop for a day or two!  Got plywood in a couple of day ago and managed to get the Sherwin-Williams Tile Clad HS product down today.  Kevin, I got the Hannay reel in today.  The box for that thing is the size of a 300 gal tote!  Gotta give the floor coating a couple of days to dry, then the wife can have the garage back.  It is packed to the max right now with roofing stuff.

Tile_Clad_Coating.thumb.JPG.986ca9cf05f2

Edited by woody70

If the rain would only stop for a day or two!  Got plywood in a couple of day ago and managed to get the Sherwin-Williams Tile Clad HS product down today.  Kevin, I got the Hannay reel in today.  The box for that thing is the size of a 300 gal tote!  Gotta give the floor coating a couple of days to dry, then the wife can have the garage back.  It is packed to the max right now with roofing stuff.

Tile_Clad_Coating.thumb.JPG.986ca9cf05f2

​Please try to post a picture of that hose reel

Here are a few pics of the reel and other items.  Still got a lot to do.  Decide on a final layout, get everything mounted, plumbed, vent the tanks, fill station, vinyl wrap, and 100 other mics items.  Hope to be ready by end of week.  Been a long, slow journey but just about ready to go out there and clean some roofs.

Roof Wash Equipment.JPG

Three 275 Gallon Totes.JPG

Hannay Reel and Hastelloy Pump.JPG

Box Truck Half Full.JPG

Empty Box Truck.JPG

Hannay Reel Unboxed.JPG

Hannay Reel In Box.JPG

Getting there! One real important note...battery. Sulfuric acid and SH explode on contact. Even fumes. I would consider mounting the battery outside the truck. Or run a positive from the main truck batteries back to the compressor and ground to the frame. This way there is never any issue with charging and no problems with things going BOOM! A 6 ga cable should do the trick. 

Woody are you planning on leaving 3 totes or are you hauling them? If you are using them you should reconsider, It will be a huge loss of space for needed items and they will not make you a dime extra. Probably cost you.

Haven't decided 100%.  I have the capability to run four tanks.  I'm thinking of running three.  I have several apartments complexes in the works.  Yeah, I know it would be nice to have the extra room.  If I'm running mainly residential houses I may drop down to two tanks.  One tank for roof mix, one for rinse, one for house mix (maybe), one for SH (if I have big jobs lined up).  How many tanks are you running?  How many roofs do you typically do in a day?   

I have a 275 tote in rear center of truck to run two 8gpm machines. I have a 125, 55 & 35 gallon tanks. I put needed solution for what ever tank I decide to carry that day. I also will fill at least two 15 gallon drums filled with straight SH. That usually gets me by. If Im cleaning builgings or concrete none of the three tanks I mentioned are on the truck. Not needed and in the way. You do not need them

I would run one small tank for full strength (you probably don't need more than 50 to 65 gallons of that at any one time) and one tank for roof mix which could be one of the totes. IMO, carrying another big tote for house wash mix is just a waste. You can always carry another small tank or even buy a 35 gallon drum from a local car wash for about $5 that you pump some roof mix into, add some water and you will have plenty of mix for most houses. Even easier still is if you are cleaning the roof and the house, just spray the whole thing with roof mix as you go along. Sure, it will cost you a few bucks more than using roof mix for the roof and house mix for the house, but the time you will save and the amount of spray hose and water hose dragging you will save will more than offset that difference and it is MUCH easier. If you walk the roofs though instead of shooting from a ladder as I do, this won't be quite as easy.

Of course, if you are hard plumbing all of your tanks that may make things harder to do my way. Also, I know lots of guys including Chris, show up at the job site with a tote full of roof mix ready to go, but that may not make sense for you in the beginning. Lugging around a full tote of mix is a lot of weight (as opposed to adding the water at the job site) and you might not need it all that day or even the next. If you are also carrying a bunch of full strength, a bunch of house mix and a full rinse tank and you have to be pushing 10,000 lbs. I don't care what rig your are using, that is just nuts.

Why a rinse tank anyway? My guess is it will take you exactly one roof before you decide to only rinse when you absolutely have to. If you have to rinse you might want to use a rinse tank and your pump, but you can buy a water booster at Harbor Freight (where else?) for about $79 that will not only fill your tanks much quicker but will also give you much better water flow to rinse with and also for watering/rinsing plants. 

I think you will find out pretty quickly that having a bunch of huge tanks is just a huge pain and that less is more.