zPenna

HELP HELP!!!

zPenna   

I have my rig setup for softwashing and pressure washing. My issue is on the pressure washing side. If anyone can help PLEASE do. Here it goes, I filled up my leg tank which is 220 gallons and I have all my lines run to my 5.5gpm pressure washer. I open the ball value and its like I can't get enough pressure to the inlet of my pressure washer. I've played with it all day and can't figure it out. So I unhooked the inlet line that runs from the tank to the pressure washer and done a GPM test and was getting bout 5-5.5 GPM which is perfect. But for some reason im still not getting enough pressure to the pressure washer and dont know why. After that I ran a water hose directly to the pressure washer and it works fine that way. Can anyone help?

garyw   

Sounds like a suction leak somewhere. Do you have a injection control that is turned on??

I feed mine from 2 275 gallon tanks and even if I fill them to the top still not enough head pressure to force water into my machine because it direct drive I went to home depot bought there cheap $80 pump it pulls it out of my tank and forces it in the machine that solved my problem

Jeff   

I ran a direct drive,.. 4 GPM off a 100 gallon tank for years,..never had an issue that wasn't easily remedied as addressed below.

The biggest reason he was most likely having an issue was due to trapped air in the feed hose somewhere ,..or he started the machine and ran it at WOT at first "hookup",....

Before starting the engine:

(1) Loosen one of your supply hose connections to bleed the air.

(2) Without the trigger gun hooked up,...start the engine and run at idle,..for a few seconds,..tighten the connection back up while engine is running,..should solve the issue.

Try not to "have" to unhook the supply,..even when I check the filter,..I always put the filter cap back on loosely,.and then turn the water back on,..THEN finish tightening the filter cap.

*Pumps  suck better at low RPM.

Jeff