Brian A

Looking for a Fatboy2

Brian A   

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a Fatboy2 pump at a good price? I'm in Australia so I'd prefer one that might ship directly instead of needing a shipping forwarder.

My new 17lpm pump is crap and worked a couple of times before becoming pissweak and barely drawing up 1 meter. Boo hoo :(

Yes I rinse it after each use

Thanks

For what it's worth, I've heard that it does not preform noticeably better than the original. Has anyone else heard of anything?

The ORIGINAL Fat Boy Roof Cleaning Pump came with a pressure switch set at 80 psi! However, it was found to be too hard on the pump, so it was reduced to 60 PSI.

The FloJet Pentaflex was a better pump, but Mike Sullivan says they were discontinued.

If I were to buy a new 12 volt roof cleaning pump, it would be the new Northstar 12 volt pumps.

Chris why the Northstar pump? I'm trying to gather as much knowledge on soft wash as possible. I'm about to switch my whole rig from pressure washing to soft wash. I learned to clean roofs with the "roof gitter". I'm sure your familiar. Ben doing it for five years. After joining the roof cleaners online I've realized all of the benefits of soft wash vs pressure. Anyway.. What about the pump? I thought the fatboy looked pretty good. But you say Northstar? 

Brian,

The FB2 pumps work great and are used by a lot of guys on here. They make 4 'On Demand' models, the 7870 101E and 101Y which have the threaded inputs and the 7970 101 E&Y have quick attach ports. Personal preference which attachment you like. I have 2 of the threaded.   The difference on both between the E & Y versions is that the E comes preset at 60psi and the Y at 100psi. They are absolutely the same pump and they all have a pressure adjustment screw. I run one of mine at about 85psi and get about 45' of distance through a 250+ft of 1/2 hose using a 5/8" hose for feed to the pump and to my reel. Be sure to notice though that as the pressure goes up the volume goes down and power consumption goes up. Be sure to get an accumulator, they're cheap and lightweight. Will help pump life considerably. I run about 5 gals of water thru my system at end of each job and then a little bleach wash at end of day. Mine work like a champ.

I also have a small Northstar too that I treat like crap, run all kind of stuff thru it, sealer, stain, bleach and it keeps on working great also.

FB2_pumps.png

Chris why the Northstar pump? I'm trying to gather as much knowledge on soft wash as possible. I'm about to switch my whole rig from pressure washing to soft wash. I learned to clean roofs with the "roof gitter". I'm sure your familiar. Ben doing it for five years. After joining the roof cleaners online I've realized all of the benefits of soft wash vs pressure. Anyway.. What about the pump? I thought the fatboy looked pretty good. But you say Northstar? 

Why the Northstar 12 volt pump ? Because they have motors rated to run all day long, for one reason. Reason #2 is, if you buy the extended warranty, you get immediate in store replacement, as long as it is NON COMMERCIAL use.  So, buy it personally, do not use your company name, and when it fails ( ALL 12 volt pump fail), rinse the bleach smell off of it, and return it for another one. NEVER admit you sprayed bleach or SH, tell them it pumped water in your RV :)