Spartan Pro Services

New To Roof Cleaning...

just became a premium member. I love all the information on the forum...I am adding roof cleaning to my pressure washing company, and i am interested in building my own system... any information you can offer my way will be appreciated. 

Welcome to the RCIA! 

There are many many options for building a roof cleaning rig.

Tell us more about what you want to do, how much room you have, and budget.

Chris thanks! I have my eye on a Yamada NDP-15 Kynar Pump... I have read a lot  of post from you and others and have decided to go ahead and spend the money on a AODD system and have it done right from the start.

Great choice for a roof cleaning pump, now you have to buy an air compressor, and an air pressure filter/regulator that separates water out of the compressed air.

What size air compressor is recommended... ??? ( CFM, tank size, horsepower, etc... )

I have looked on Ebay and found some nice NEW units ranging from $ 500 - 3,000.00 range... I personally am a HUGE fan of the electric start models...

This is the route I am going to use as well with an enclosed trailer for advertising correctly... Also debating if I should add a hot water unit 8 gpm's to advertise pressure cleaning as well... I am not sure if it would be worth doing so as I am planning on heavily marketing the roof cleaning side of the business...

I know I have competitors in my area, but, I have recently noticed as I am new to Raleigh, NC... the roofs are filthy and everywhere you turn is a dirty roof ( commercial and residential )

Thanks for the great info on this forum... !!!

What size air compressor is recommended... ??? ( CFM, tank size, horsepower, etc... )

I have looked on Ebay and found some nice NEW units ranging from $ 500 - 3,000.00 range... I personally am a HUGE fan of the electric start models...

This is the route I am going to use as well with an enclosed trailer for advertising correctly... Also debating if I should add a hot water unit 8 gpm's to advertise pressure cleaning as well... I am not sure if it would be worth doing so as I am planning on heavily marketing the roof cleaning side of the business...

I know I have competitors in my area, but, I have recently noticed as I am new to Raleigh, NC... the roofs are filthy and everywhere you turn is a dirty roof ( commercial and residential )

Thanks for the great info on this forum... !!!

The 499.00 Harbor Freight Gas Powered Air Compressor is a great one to start off with, until you can afford a mosnter sized air compressor.

We only clean roofs mostly, but we can softwash a house with our roof cleaning setup if we have to.

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

I hope to really enjoy being a part of this forum

Welcome to the RCIA Forum, but we have a slight problem here! Only Paid Premium Members are allowed to make signature links on the forum.

It is unfair to our paid members for you to have links in your signature, and you are not a Premium Member.

So, I must ask you to become a paid premium member, or one of our Moderators will remove the links.

It is only 129.00 a year, and besides being able to keep your links, you get so much more with paid membership.