DomHPD

advice on this trailer.....

Guys,

I found this trailer locally http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/bfs/4617280942.html

I know its bottom feed but can that be sealed? Trailer is in my budget

Any advice and or adding stuff to it will be appreciated.

You can make this trailer work for roof cleaning easily :)

Be careful with the size of those tanks. If you fill completely with just water you will probably be over weight limit of the trailer.

what do u recommend

Sorry, in between things and building a whelping box for my expecting Yellow Lab.

Add up all the weight of you equipment (tanks, compressor, pump(s), hoses, and anything else you plan to be on the trailer and compare to the trailers GVW. If the total weight is close or over, you might want to go with a smaller tank or only fill the tank just so much as to be under weight.

for 600$ thats a good deal... You won't fit an air compressor on there though.. you may have to go with an electric setup with the hose reel on top.. I run one of these on a truck to save space ( the foot print is about 3.5-4 sq ft).. I run the air compressor and they are good, but the electric is space saving for that rig. and it looks like it already has a 5.5 gpm pump or so, which is great for rinsing houses! and those florida driveways

Damn good deal. The 225 gal tank is 500 bucks new and the 65 gal is 200 bucks new. If you went with a smaller tank you could fit a compressor easily. I have a 65 gal tank and a 35 gal tank. I could easily replace the 35 with another 65 gal tank with compressor, pumps, plumbing, 200ft of kuritec hose, buckets, brushes and telescopic poles. Also have a truck rack mounted on the trailer and carry  32' and 24' extention ladders. and my trailer is 5x8.

Since the PW does not come with the deal. remove the fuel tank ande place the compressor there with an AODD pump mounted nearby. Get rid of the hose reel since it will leak shortly. Add ladder racks with pegs to hang your hoses on down the sides. Use the 65 gal tank for pure SH and the large tank to mix solution in on site. That way you stay legal and within weight limits. Buy it !!

Sorry, in between things and building a whelping box for my expecting Yellow Lab.

Add up all the weight of you equipment (tanks, compressor, pump(s), hoses, and anything else you plan to be on the trailer and compare to the trailers GVW. If the total weight is close or over, you might want to go with a smaller tank or only fill the tank just so much as to be under weight.

You do realize that Puppy pictures are mandatory? No puppy pictures and we will hunt you down. 

.... Get rid of the hose reel since it will leak shortly. ...

Edit...Remove the hose reel that will leak shortly and buy the one from me that will never leak because it has no manifold. 

And as stated...make sure you do your weight calculations. I can guarantee that with those two tanks, a PW and associated gear, the seller WAS probably overweight. 

Ditto on the air pump setup. 

Oh...and you will need to paint the deck with something. The SH will tear that deck up. Coat the entire thing in bed liner. Keep in mind also that if the SH goes thru the deck boards onto the 

running gear underneath, it WILL rust out. Solid surface deck is always your best bet. You can always caulk the boards or put rubber on top. 

Thank u all for the great advice, i was thinking about selling the large tank and getting a smaller 100g?

i might have to go the electric route since those air compressors are a but expensive.

couple of questions:

should i get a smaller tank instead of that large tank?

If i keep large tank how do i seal bottom feed so i can top feed?

lastly, how do i advertise for this type of work? I would think people will be wary of chemicals all

over their roof.

personally i have seen hundreds of dirty roofs here in s florida, people either dont care what their roof looks like

or they wont spend $ to clean it

How much mix are you guys using per house? say a 3000 SQ ft house, average. I have a 50 gallon tank mounted in the back of my truck. I do not do that many roofs, I have been pressure washing the roofs I get. Basically I am wondering if It takes more than 50 gallons of mix to clean a average barrel tile roof.  I have the option to take the tank back to get 100 gallon but really didnt want to take up that much room in the back of my truck if not needed.