Kelly Lee

Is there anything that protects clothing from the SH? I have tried...

coveralls that Tyvek makes that are somewhat chemical resistant but seems to wear out very quickly.  Have you found anything that works better or do you try to protect clothing while cleaning?

coveralls that Tyvek makes that are somewhat chemical resistant but seems to wear out very quickly.  Have you found anything that works better or do you try to protect clothing while cleaning?

We find that polyester clothes are pretty immune to the roof cleaning chemicals, but also find that 100 percent poly can be uncomfortable in the heat, so we use a 50/50 blend of cotton/polyester for our shirts, etc.

Agreed...cotton pants last us a week. Poly/Cotton is the way to go. I just ordered some white 65/35 Poly/Cotton Coveralls for my guys. With custom embroidery they ran about $39 each.

I also have some Tru-Spec 24/7 Tactical pants that are a 65/35 blend. I am into the third year with them. Tons and tons of pockets for stuff. I can keep my pocket EDC in them and it doesn't seem to get wet. Very VERY comfortable, stretchy waist band to accommodate big owner privilege lunches,  and they don't run hot. Do keep in mind that when it is 75 degrees here, we are sweltering. It is a perfectly comfortable 57 degrees...shorts and t-shirt weather. 

1070.jpg