Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

How to run a 12 volt roof cleaning pump w/o a battery!

How is the 12v power supply tests turning out for ya MID-MO. Very curious as I'm putting together a system as soon as everything shows up. On paper it sounds brilliant and I'm hoping for positive feedback but as far as I'm aware you are the only one doing field trials. Anxious to hear your results. 

I love it so far.

I have tried it in various different ways and setups.

The set up works rather well. I have found out that adjustable voltage setting doesn't help much. It makes a lot more noise, you can tell it is cycling faster, but has no noticeable affect on the spray.

With this setup you have to walk the roof!

I lost my 4 banger and am now using power washer tip(s) or the Master Nozzle. With my set up, the 5850 pump from pressuretek, 5/8 poly hose, a commercial car wash wand with power washer tip(s) OR Master Nozzle, http://www.masterindustriesllc.com/

I have a 65 gallon tank and bottom draw from it. 10' intake hose to the pump, 100” of hose from the pump to the wand, wand has a 18” extension then a quick connect for the PW tips OR I use a barb connector to attach Master Nozzle. When using the wand and PW tips I only use the BLACK 60 degree tip. This allows a nice fan pattern to be used. If you turn the tip sideways, it makes getting near the edge of the roof with minimal over spray. I use the Master Nozzle when I want more suds to build up on the roof. Using smaller tips creates more of a mist but cycles the pump more often.

This set up only sprays about 10' in front of you, the good part about this set up is that it hardly ever cycles the pump, the bad is that you use a little more chemical. This is where having the lower GPM pump is a good thing.

Go to www.roofcleaningofmidmo.com and watch the video to see how it works.

I am using the HO electric, have a battery back up if I need it, and so far I have not tripped any breakers, I think that this is due to the fact the power supply has its own capacitor(s).

If anyone has more questions let me know.   

I love it so far.

I have tried it in various different ways and setups.

The set up works rather well. I have found out that adjustable voltage setting doesn't help much. It makes a lot more noise, you can tell it is cycling faster, but has no noticeable affect on the spray.

With this setup you have to walk the roof!

I lost my 4 banger and am now using power washer tip(s) or the Master Nozzle. With my set up, the 5850 pump from pressuretek, 5/8 poly hose, a commercial car wash wand with power washer tip(s) OR Master Nozzle, http://www.masterindustriesllc.com/

I have a 65 gallon tank and bottom draw from it. 10' intake hose to the pump, 100” of hose from the pump to the wand, wand has a 18” extension then a quick connect for the PW tips OR I use a barb connector to attach Master Nozzle. When using the wand and PW tips I only use the BLACK 60 degree tip. This allows a nice fan pattern to be used. If you turn the tip sideways, it makes getting near the edge of the roof with minimal over spray. I use the Master Nozzle when I want more suds to build up on the roof. Using smaller tips creates more of a mist but cycles the pump more often.

This set up only sprays about 10' in front of you, the good part about this set up is that it hardly ever cycles the pump, the bad is that you use a little more chemical. This is where having the lower GPM pump is a good thing.

Go to www.roofcleaningofmidmo.com and watch the video to see how it works.

I am using the HO electric, have a battery back up if I need it, and so far I have not tripped any breakers, I think that this is due to the fact the power supply has its own capacitor(s).

If anyone has more questions let me know.   

What 12 volt power supply are you using ?

VERY interesting. I'm assuming that, if you run this with a generator, the generator would have to be capable of producing 30 amps. Is that correct?

Also, is it possible to use this to charge your battery and power your pump at the same time? (In case you have to use your battery as a back up)

For anyone who's considering trying this setup, I just got an email from the manufacturer of these power supplies that all you need is a 6 amp, 120 volt power source. So a very small generator would be more than sufficient for this!

Also, he said to be sure you put a screen over your vent holes (if you use a box to waterproof it) as bugs can and will short it out. He said that heat build-up in a box would not be a problem as long as there are vent holes in the bottom.

On my rig, I have a battery charger wired to the battery. At each job site, we plug the charger in to the customer's outlet. That keeps the battery at or near 100% charge. And if for some reason a customer doesn't have an outlet, the battery will be sufficiently charged from the previous job.