OEFBlACK2010

x jet nozzle with SH and TSP, good idea?

I currently have a 3000 psi 4 gpm pressure washer not being used on my rig and im curious if an x jet nozzle would suffice as soft wash applicator. I was thinking that with the use of a high concentrate of SH, TSP and Gain in a portable tank, with dilution rates at approx 8 to 1 and a #40 orifice. 

On Another note, i did contact Bob at Pressure tech today and i'm probably going to order the 5800 1/2" kit, the fat boy im thinking will have to many gpm for all the roofs out here that do not have gutters.

I Have been listening to the general consensus however, and after this 12v pump bites the dust we plan on getting a proper air powered pump. Website coming soon, i look forward to picking everyone's brains about more innovative ways to making the softwash process even more expeditious then it already is!

Thanks, RBPressureWash.

I currently have a 3000 psi 4 gpm pressure washer not being used on my rig and im curious if an x jet nozzle would suffice as soft wash applicator. I was thinking that with the use of a high concentrate of SH, TSP and Gain in a portable tank, with dilution rates at approx 8 to 1 and a #40 orifice. 

On Another note, i did contact Bob at Pressure tech today and i'm probably going to order the 5800 1/2" kit, the fat boy im thinking will have to many gpm for all the roofs out here that do not have gutters.

I Have been listening to the general consensus however, and after this 12v pump bites the dust we plan on getting a proper air powered pump. Website coming soon, i look forward to picking everyone's brains about more innovative ways to making the softwash process even more expeditious then it already is!

Thanks, RBPressureWash.

X Jets suck for cleaning roofs! Seriously!

Forget that idea, and get a good 12 volt roof cleaning pump system.

Now what i really would like is an application method that made ladder work obsolete.

No Ladder Roof Cleaning

Ladder work is obsolete for me....Ryan gets it off the truck, puts it where I want it and puts it back on the truck when I'm done.

Now what i really would like is an application method that made ladder work obsolete.

A good roof cleaning pump can easily shoot pretty far, with the right nozzle.

X Jets are very hokey, and do not have near the claimed 50 percent draw rate, when shooting vertically up.

You can get extension poles that will allow you to shoot the roof cleaning chemicals higher, or get a stepladder.

Are you looking to spray roofs from the ground? If so I would advise against it. Every roof has some ladder work involved. BTW...where are you from(town/city)?

Hank

Well i don't mind walking on roofs, it was more of a "that would be nice" type scenario.

Hank, 

I'm from Ocala Florida, the company is based out of Georgia though, and we just started.

Ocala, Florida the home of Don Garlits and his Museum of Drag Racing. Been there several times over the years.

Hank

As I said in a earlier post, BIG air is the only way to go. My BIG compressor and my BIG 1" air pump can easily shoot 70', or be tuned down to a pee trickle within mili-seconds with NO cycling or harm to the pump. People on  here used to tease me about sitting in a lounge chair in the front drinking iced tea while cleaning roofs. Although I never did it, it is possible with my set-up. But then again, its NOT for everyone. Just people who want best the trouble free, fastest way to accomplish their objectives.  Keep learning!!

Gary

Hahaha, I'm with you there Brother! A good ground crew is essential, your only as good as your employees..

I paid the bills with my body when I was 18-50...now I pay them with my brain (and Ryan's body I guess). But, Ryan makes damn good money being my human forklift. If I could clone that guy, I'd be rich.

If you find a guy that's good, smart and takes initiative...pay him well, they are hard to find.

I paid the bills with my body when I was 18-50...now I pay them with my brain (and Ryan's body I guess). But, Ryan makes damn good money being my human forklift. If I could clone that guy, I'd be rich.

If you find a guy that's good, smart and takes initiative...pay him well, they are hard to find.

Amen to that, I like to think thats why I've got some guys and gals that have been with me for ten to twenty

years. It sure isn't because of my great personality and good looks. On the other hand, maybe it is and I don't have to pay them as much.. hmmm.. :)

Hey RB,

You can't go wrong starting with a 12V from Bob, we did the same thing and he was a huge help. Start there and move up to the MacDaddy air system, we're at that point now. One thing I've noticed is the "little" air setup we put together from Tom Vogel at ACR (another great guy) has a 10 cfm air compressor and only has a little more ass than our 12V system. I think Father Chris runs 18 cfm's and I'm not sure but I think Gary's is nuke powered and off the charts.. I'm wondering how much difference there is between an air system with a 10 cfm compressor and one with an 18.. Any opinions out there? Lets see who's awake..

Hey RB,

You can't go wrong starting with a 12V from Bob, we did the same thing and he was a huge help. Start there and move up to the MacDaddy air system, we're at that point now. One thing I've noticed is the "little" air setup we put together from Tom Vogel at ACR (another great guy) has a 10 cfm air compressor and only has a little more ass than our 12V system. I think Father Chris runs 18 cfm's and I'm not sure but I think Gary's is nuke powered and off the charts.. I'm wondering how much difference there is between an air system with a 10 cfm compressor and one with an 18.. Any opinions out there? Lets see who's awake..

Hey RB,

It all depends on the SIZE of the air pump Rich. 3/8 pumps are just fine with a 10 cfm compressor, and going up to 18 cfm shows little difference.

However, with 1/2 inch or larger air pumps, going from 10 cfm to 18 cfm is like getting a new, larger pump!

A 1 inch pump with a 18 to 22 cfm air compressor is a commercial roof cleaning beast of burden! 

It has enough flow to clean a very large roof so fast, it is almost criminal.

It all depends on the SIZE of the air pump Rich. 3/8 pumps are just fine with a 10 cfm compressor, and going up to 18 cfm shows little difference.

However, with 1/2 inch or larger air pumps, going from 10 cfm to 18 cfm is like getting a new, larger pump!

A 1 inch pump with a 18 to 22 cfm air compressor is a commercial roof cleaning beast of burden! 

Ahh, so my wife is correct, SIZE does matter.. Thanks for clarifying, I knew you were awake Chris!

Hey Chris, I've got a 3/8 Yamada now paired up with a 10 cfm. (literally just a little better than my Fatboy 12Volt) What would the next best step up be, a 1/2 or a 1 inch? Also, do you have any personal preference on air compressors? What brand and what size for each pump?

Hey Chris, I've got a 3/8 Yamada now paired up with a 10 cfm. (literally just a little better than my Fatboy 12Volt) What would the next best step up be, a 1/2 or a 1 inch? Also, do you have any personal preference on air compressors? What brand and what size for each pump?

Honestly Richard, we buy good USED Air Compressors off Craigslist, from 18 to 22 CFM like this http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/4277903995.html

Just like buying a used car, we buy the best used car we can get for our money, be it Ford or Chevvy.

Most 18 CFM air compressors sold new for over 1500.00!

As longs as they have a Honda Motor, they have all turned out to be about the same.

One of our compressors has a big Kohler electric start motor on it.

I highly suggest electric start if possible, with pull start back up.

It is no fun to pull start a 22 cfm air compressor!

The REASON we only buy used air compressors is the reason we only buy old, used, "beat up looking", but good running trucks.

The chlorine ruins everything, so why buy new, when it will be a rust bucket shortly ?

There is little you can do to prevent this, because the freaking fumes of the roof cleaning chemical are corrosive!

Honestly Richard, we buy good USED Air Compressors off Craigslist, from 18 to 22 CFM like this http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/4277903995.html

Just like buying a used car, we buy the best used car we can get for our money, be it Ford or Chevvy.

Most 18 CFM air compressors sold new for over 1500.00!

As longs as they have a Honda Motor, they have all turned out to be about the same.

One of our compressors has a big Kohler electric start motor on it.

I highly suggest electric start if possible, with pull start back up.

It is no fun to pull start a 22 cfm air compressor!

The REASON we only buy used air compressors is the reason we only buy old, used, "beat up looking", but good running trucks.

The chlorine ruins everything, so why buy new, when it will be a rust bucket shortly ?

There is little you can do to prevent this, because the freaking fumes of the roof cleaning chemical are corrosive!

Gotcha, Is it even feasible to do a half inch Yamada, 15 cfm compressor with a 100 gal tank? I know we can dial the flow back so we don't run through the tank to quickly but does this setup with a 100 gal tank make sense? I'm trying to keep this rig in an eight foot bed till we find an Isuzu equivalent. Also what size tips do you use with this application??

Gotcha, Is it even feasible to do a half inch Yamada, 15 cfm compressor with a 100 gal tank? I know we can dial the flow back so we don't run through the tank to quickly but does this setup with a 100 gal tank make sense? I'm trying to keep this rig in an eight foot bed till we find an Isuzu equivalent. Also what size tips do you use with this application??

I could not imagine cleaning roofs with only a 100 gallon tank Richard.

We carry 2 - 300 gallon tanks on our roof cleaning trucks.

Hey Richard;.

My rig is also an 18cfm. Difference is my tank is 80 gal and I run a 1/2" airline which gives tremendous air flow and really makes things purr. I would highly recommend a 1" aodd. Just nice to know you got whatever you need when you need it. Just like a muscle car. You don't need 500 hp all the time, but when you want/need it, its great to have. Look thru govn't auction sites. I bought that compressor for $300.00. Works great.  4 cyl, 20 hp, electric start, 80 gal tank wit5h a 18.5 cfm compressor. Parts, if needed, are still readily available. In fact you can buy a brand new motor, still in the crate for under $400.00, made by Teledyne.